Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for accommodation in Andorra / Spain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

Hopping the collective knowledge of snowheads can help with some suggestions.

We are looking for accommodation only for a week skiing in February 2023 in Andorra or Spain (basically anywhere accessible from Barcelona).

We will be a group of skiers and non-skiers - two couples, three teenagers, and a baby, so we are looking for accommodation close to the slopes (ideally ski in ski out) to be able to meet for lunch sometimes, swap over between parents to take turns to ski etc.

Could be one large apartment or chalet with four rooms needed probably, two smaller places, or even hotel rooms. Self catering is fine, and probably the preference.

No special needs for the non-skiers, though places to sit, hang out, near the bottom of the slopes would be good.

The skiers are all pretty capable, so again no special demands on difficulty or type of slopes. The experience and access between accommodation and lifts is more important.

No real ideas on budget, but not looking for luxury.

Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There’s not a huge amount of apartments/chalets that are close or ski in/out in Andorra.

In the Vallnord ski area, probably the closest are the Ribasol park apartments in Arinsal. These are about 100m from the nearest chairlift and the only piste down to the village (two main villages with accommodation, Arinsal and La Massana, you can’t ski back to La Massana).

In the Grandvalira, you will need to look at El Tarter, Soldeu and Pas de la Casa. Pas de la Casa probably has the greatest number of piste accessible apartments out of the three. I know of the Olimpiades apartments that are pretty much ski in ski out.

El Tarter and Soldeu both have hotels at the bottom of the pistes, but I don’t think there are any apartments. El Tarter has apartments on the main road which is probably 2-300m walk to the lift. There are also quite a few apartments that look quite close by, but when you look on the map and see the road switches back, they’re up a pretty decent climb!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I live in Andorra part time. Property sales market is booming at the moment meaning less availability for holiday lets so book early.

You might try this website www.andorraresorts.com/blog/2021/10-best-apartments-in-andorra/

For a weeks holiday I would go Grandvalira, the ski area is much larger and all connected, and the lifts & other facilities are generally better. Pas de la Casa is the biggest resort (with more shops, supermarkets, bars, restaurants etc) but I'm not keen on it. Soldeu is nicer imo but there's less there.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 7-05-22 17:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would Baqueira Beret also work? Just under 4 hours from Barcelona.

Over the years there have been some fairly positive reviews of the area. A cursory look suggests there are apartments close to the uplift.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies.

@Cacciatore, yes Baqueira Beret would work. Focusing on Andorra first, but will take a look if we struggle to find something suitable.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with @Tiredoldskibum, for a week Grandvalira will be better.

You could also try https://andorratravelservice.com/ for apartments.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy