Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Post your best picture from this season!

Poster: A snowHead
Although not a great shot I quite like this one:

early March Saturday in the Chartreuse, the road we wanted to take was blocked by snow so Luke and I chatted about where we could go, a popular local couloir? We hummed and hawed about the avy risk but decided it would probably be okay. If you look over my shoulder you can just see the shadow of a small slab. It snowed 40cm during the day and I posted a warning about the risk to a couple of Internet sites that evening. Next day there was someone killed nearby and skiers in this couloir triggered an avalanche and lost some of their gear.

This was superb, 20cm of snow, 1st of June and this shot of a sputnik:

again this next one is not a great shot but it brings back some memories, we climbed 2000m on perfect corn snow in mid-February only to reach this couloir which was completely unskiable, we didn't have time to retrace our tracks so nothing else for it but 150 meters climb down to a point where we could ski

My neighbour Isabelle took the risk to lead on this very expose pitch

Yah-nee as my 21 month old son calls her, early December

ski holidays
 brian
brian
Just found this lurking on my hard drive, it's from Avoriaz looking towards Switzerland, is it the Dents Blanches or the Dents du Midi, I can't remember ?

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof, Yani Live at the Acropolis? (not one of his better albums imo)

Yanny approaches the Terminator?

looks like that might have been tricky snow, or is that just wimpy me?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/medium/snow_buried_cottage.JPG

our neighbour was not keen on snow clearing! Bisanne 1500, Les Saisies.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

Lake Louise at New Year this year. Unfortunately we only had a couple of blue sky days like this.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm using this one (taken in Westendorf), as wallpaper on my laptop:

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yoda wrote:
looks like that might have been tricky snow, or is that just wimpy me?

The snow wasn't too bad - kind of wind blown breakable crust with powder but I would guess most people could ski it. There were lots of rocks to avoid not far from the surface. The worst thing early season is to fall for some reason then hit your head on a rock, it leaves a lot of blood on the snow Shocked . Annie had extraordinary red hair for the winter season but seems to have gone blonde for the summer.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Last day skiing at Soldeu, Andorra during February.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mountains are very photogenic, aren't they?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is a double cheat because (1) it was the previous season and (2) Cedric took the photos. But I like them, so there NehNeh

Zeb leading us again - going right under the rock leads to the bowl in photo 2 where I think all the tracks are ours (we had been joined by some visiting guides for the morning who wanted to see the area). And as you can see from photo 1, that was just the start. There were only 5 other tracks in the valley. - It was 12 days after the last snow, so though high and north facing some of the snow was tricky.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 30-06-06 22:49; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowball, looks very nice, but where is it?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Haute Maurienne - far off piste after a 20 minute climb.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like 20 minutes well spent Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/598/medium/Ski_Tour.jpg
latest report
So how do I get the above to be a picture then ? Confused
latest report
 brian
brian
ski, put [img] [/img] around the url.
snow report
ski wrote:
So how do I get the above to be a picture then ? Confused

Take the URL you've got and turn it into an image link by adding [img] tags to it.
Code:
[img]http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/data/598/medium/Ski_Tour.jpg[/img]
snow report
Except you added www. to the address, which is why it didn't work. Should have been:

Voila!
latest report
snowball, Thanks !

It's on the way to Drielanderspitz, between Isghl and Galtur....
snow report
brian wrote:
Just found this lurking on my hard drive, it's from Avoriaz looking towards Switzerland, is it the Dents Blanches or the Dents du Midi, I can't remember ?

I have a very similar photo on my office wall, they are the Dents du Midi, my photo was taken from Morgin.
snow report
Heli Skiing this year at Stewart, Canada (by the Alaskan border and the sea).
Unfortunately, although there was loads of snow there had also been wind, so there was a lot of breakable crust about.
However a great experience (but hugely expensive!!!)
Here are my 2 favourite pics:

One of our French friends on the way down

Skiing down a wedding cake!
snow conditions
If you're interested, then I've started things moving on the snowHeads calendar for 2007, see here.
snow conditions
https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/medium/PICT1153.JPG

Been the background on my pc and if i'm having a bad day.....one click and its suddenly so much better Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy