Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2022/2023 (Dec 2 - April 23)

Poster: A snowHead
Arriving in Zurich on Jan 19th and hoping to use the Arlberg express to St. Anton .Is it possible to just walk on or do you need to reserve seats. Our Airline doesn't have the best record for landing on time so am a bit reluctant to book in advance. Will definitely book the return journey.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The renovated Galzig restaurant is open for business. Looks quite bright and airy in the photos, with a similar vibe to the Rendl restaurant. There is now a deck outside the main windows, ie facing downslope. Will be lovely on a still, sunny day. I however wonder if that has reduced the inside space?

Snow still a bit thin on the ground, especially on the lower half of the mountain. Snow guns in action.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chick wrote:
Arriving in Zurich on Jan 19th and hoping to use the Arlberg express to St. Anton .Is it possible to just walk on or do you need to reserve seats. Our Airline doesn't have the best record for landing on time so am a bit reluctant to book in advance. Will definitely book the return journey.

I believe you have to pre-book, but the website is not exactly clear on that point. Perhaps call or email them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Chick, There's a ticket office located in Zurich Airport just by the Escalators down to the railway platforms. The only benefit from booking in advance is that you can choose your trains, either Railjet or the OBB service, which can be a bargain if you choose an off-peak time.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skimastaaah, We are going for the bus transfer as it stops outside our Hotel in St.Anton .
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Folks

From tommorow (8th ) more lifts will open (St Anton) notably Gampenbahn, Nassereinbahn & Schindler.

It going to be Polar Cold from this Weekend down to -15C with a max of -4C

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Apres Ski is safe for now but Behave yourselves !!

https://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/c-lokales/st-anton-am-arlberg-bremst-aprs-ski-mit-kampagne-ein_a5748970

__________________________________________________________________________________________

http://youtube.com/v/bqKIYcxHg5s

http://youtube.com/v/-slD817o6XE
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From tomorrow (8 December):
Flexenbahn (connection St.Anton-Zürs) open
Auenfeldjet (connection Lech-Warth) open
Next week: Rüfikopf (connection Lech-Zürs) and Zürsertäli (piste nr 144) open
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Langerzug, Looking good conditions for Christmas.....first time on skis since March 2020, can't wait!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Deep Freeze is coming .....

http://youtube.com/v/FOIFz1Oy5Xk

https://vs-dl-oe24.sf.apa.at/apavideoservice/oe24/20221206_66_683030_221206_Wetter_1080.mp4

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Schlosskopfbahn (Lech) is Fixed/Repaired ..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Gampen/Moos nice this morning Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chick wrote:

I'm 99% certain you'd get a seat if you didn't book, but why not book in advance and give them flight details. They understand when flights are delayed (and when it's not too busy they can hang on a few minutes if you give them a call from baggage pick up, for example Smile ) I've used them a few times, they are always super helpful.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Markymark29 wrote:
@Langerzug, Looking good conditions for Christmas.....first time on skis since March 2020, can't wait!

You always get the snow Mark!!! Have a great trip!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sah, ha, hoping so! You in St Anton soon?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Markymark29, Staying near Stuben in March for a week. Fed up with paying St Anton prices so renting an apartment in Wald. I find we spend a lot more time in that area anyway, did loads of great off-piste in Zurs and Stuben last year (well, 4 days... that was all I had time for) We only end up in St Anton if we ski down to Ferwall and get the bus back Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sah, Good plan, we don't stay in town, we stay in St Jakob, cheaper and more chilled location. There in March also, may see you then hopefully.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The run down to Nasserein has opened, presumably on a fair dose of man made.
ski holidays
It's been lightly snowing allday ...

I guess will have 15-20cm boot dust new up higher for tomorrow.

Tomorrow looks to be broken clouds but much colder ......
snow conditions
The former Rodelalm is now Thony’s, with significant changes outside: a big outdoor bar and what looks like a food/coffee van parked on the deck.
snow conditions
Cool one this morning ..

I spotted it was -13.5 C up on Gampen/Östhangbahn this morning...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CV19

On Sunday, 4,714 new corona infections were reported by the authorities in Austria. Almost 1,200 Covid patients are in hospital. There have been no new deaths.

The corona situation in Austria is gradually escalating again. As expected by the experts in their latest assessment, higher numbers of cases are now being registered more and more frequently in a week-on-week comparison.
latest report
There will be 2 day break in the Polar cold Conditions from Wednesday then next Cold Front will roll in for the Weekend followed by a much warmer period heading into Xmas

Some people are saying snow this week ... i cant see it TBH.... Possible rain on Wednesday afternoon low down & maybe a dusting on Friday ..snow line arund 900 metres..

snow report
Absolutely not a scooby what that graph means but let it snooooow!! Do the business Frau Holle......
ski holidays
@Markymark29, it just means it’s really f@cking cold right now and may or may not be warmer by the time you arrive!
snow conditions
Laughing @Scarlet,
ski holidays
Snow Friday
latest report
Folks

it's to warm..again +5C at 2000M .

I think any precipitation tomorrow will be rain

Bring your paraplu/umbrelas and Poncho's

Off Piste....dangerous ...not enough snowbase ..Could be a while before its possible safe
snow conditions
The crowds have arrived! Happy

ski holidays
I had a friend who was in the US Army. He served over in Munich in the 60's. He was in the 10th Mtn Division out of Ft. Drum, New York, and knew how to ski. He was a staff Sgt. at the time and was responsible for looking after one of the generals. Because of his ability to ski, he spent quite a bit of time in Austria with his unit doing winter drills. He talked about skiing in Ischgl, St Anton and a few other areas. I would have loved to have experienced the Arlberg back in those days. Sounded magical.
snow report
@Toadman, I met a guy a few years ago who skied there in the 60s, and his parents met there right after the war. I think his father was in the army and his mother in the red cross, and they were stationed in St Anton in the immediate aftermath of WW2. After they returned to the UK they were hooked on skiing and went back every year, I think they had an apartment there. The guy I met learned to ski there and never skied anywhere else for many years. Sadly he was quite unwell when I knew him and no longer skied at all, but we had fun comparing notes.

I love the history of the place, I first skied there in 1992 and it's changed a huge amount since then, I'm glad I skied there when I did and I wish I'd owned a camera at the time! I stayed at Haus Gamberg a few years ago and Brigitte who owns it has lots of tales to tell, her family ran the Post Hotel when the first skiers came to St Anton in the early 1900s, back then there was no ski school so Hannes Schneider came over from Stuben to take guests skiing.

And by coincidence, Schneider trained the 10th Mtn Division after he moved to the USA at the outbreak of war.
snow conditions
those times were nice...with really big dumps...not so many lifts etc.
I wish i could skiing those times, with the equipment of today...
And with the Knee OPs of nowadays...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great photo. On my first trip there we drove down the road and parked outside the Post, we were staying at the Rosanna Stuberl with Lilly, as it was back then. However, by then the new road had opened bypassing the centre, long before the road tunnel came along.
Not so nice back then was the long tow up to Galzig, long and slow on bad weather days. Also the lift queues for the Galzigbahn in the mornings.
latest report
Folks

Brits need to tip more..they are the worse .!!

Our best tipping customers are from Hungary ,Czech &:Romania..

Top spenders and tippers !!

Just remember the Bier on the hill is concert/event bier (lower alc) sold to you at rip off prices Happy Happy
-------
Saturday.

Cold sunny ..perfect
snow conditions
@stanton, what are you rambling on about? Slow night at the taxi rank?
latest report
Perfect Winter Conditions ..
snow report
Folks s

We are into a warm period (to warm) next few days... Tomorrow freeze level will be a higher than the Valluga Shocked

Friday /Saturday looking like be rain & snow ...to early to tell exactly ..

Slick Carpet
Sharpen those edges Very Happy
latest report
Had a fantastic week 10-17th December, stayed in St Christophe and although a lot of runs/lifts were closed, we had enough to enjoy our pre Christmas week.
Found that there were a lot of the Ski Austria teams around completing their training from the Academy @ St Christophe.
Enjoyed the bus ride over to Lech, still cannot get my head around the fact that you have pay on the bus even though you have an Arlberg ski pass, was informed that it was due to the Villages being in different regions, Arlberg and Tyrol Puzzled
Weather was freezing at the beginning of the week, -17 on Monday, but then got warmer ( wink ) towards the end, we left on Saturday at -11! But as others have said looks like warming up this week.
Found the Hut at St Christophe good for drinks & food.....Arlberg Thaja, nice 80's Euro pop music at the end of the day.
ski holidays
@Simon94, You only pay for the Post Bus, not the ski buses. You could have caught ski-lift up from St C and then skied down to Rauz and caught Flexenpasslift to Zurs? Or catch free ski bus to Rauz? It is all Ski Arlberg area but 2 regions - Tirol (St C/ Anton) and Vorarlberg (Lech/ Zurs/ Warth). Thaja great food, best pulled pork sandwich i've ever eaten!

Arriving Saturday 24th, hope it cools down soon!
snow report
@Markymark29, since Flexenbahn no free ski busses anymore.
snow conditions
@Langerzug, Ah OK, I thought they still were free, i'd be on the lift over anyway.
snow report
@Markymark29, the free blue skibus between Rauz and Zürs does not exist anymore
ski holidays
@Simon94, Those buses are part of the public transport system not ski buses (which are free with a pass), though I seem to remember they are free between St Christoph & St Anton. I assume the theory is that as the areas are linked by lifts there is no need for skiers to use them any more. When based in St Anton it is worth paying a couple of Euros to get a bus to Zürs first thing to beat the queues on the lifts. Yes it is a pleasant ride on a sunny morning over the Flexen pass.
ski holidays
@munich_irish, I think you are right about the Post Bus being free for travel from St Christoph to St Anton. I have seen people getting on at StC and not being asked to pay or show a ticket.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy