Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Sheep Ski tuition (or other ski schools in Kitzbuhel)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After having done a search, using the correct spelling Embarassed (wondered why there weren't many threads on Kitzbuhl!), I came across the Black Sheep Ski company (an English ski school). It seems all the main ski schools in Kitzbuhel have merged under the Red Devils, who have mixed reviews.

Has anyone used BSS before? Or has anyone else got any good recommendations for ski tuition in Kitzbuhel? I'm keen to build on my Snoworks week that I'll take in Dec & keep up the good work Little Angel . Perhaps 2 or 3 mornings of private tuition.

Edited for correct link!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 31-05-06 20:37; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathy, I was in Kitzbuhel over Christmas & never saw any sign of an alternative to the Red Devils, either around town or on the slopes.

I suggest PM'ing Chris Bish as he's the Kitzbuhel expert.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks spyderjon, I'll try that.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cathy, we used Black Sheep for a ski lesson when in Soll this season. They came recommended by a friend who's worked as a ski instructor in the region for many years, and he introduced us to their head coach who seemed like a good guy. The instructor we had was very good, took the time to find out what we wanted from the session and gave plenty of feedback. We're certainly planning on using them again.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Dr Che, that's really good to hear! I had emailed them but heard nothing back - I'll try again a bit closer to the season Very Happy . They seem a bit of a 'mobile' set-up, do you know if they actually have an office or anything? Do you have any contact details apart from that on the website?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The company I worked for last season used http://www.stefans-schischule.at/ for their school groups and I was always impressed by them. They aren't based in Kitzbuehel itself, rather round the corner of the ski map in Pass Turn, so I guess it depends on where you stay, not too far from Jochberg either.

As it was groups of schoolkids, the lessons were given in a quite laid-back, you're here to enjoy yourselves rather than perfect your carve sort of way. They seemed quite flexible and friendly though - they even let off the kid who's hire ski ran away after a wipeout and went well off-piste, never to be found again. Saved the insurance form headache for me.

Levels of english weren't the best I've experienced but they do speak it - where would we be without "ja okay now bend ze knees a liddle more"? Not sure how prices compare with other schools, but I had nothing but positive feedback from the kids and teachers (and myself when I cheekily tagged along one afternoon for a spot of 1-ski and going-backwards drills.

But a hike to get to from the town - So depends where you stay
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathy, I think we've got a business card somewhere with some contact telephone numbers, I'll try and dig it out though it may take a couple of days! They may be the same as on the site though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Dr Che, that would be great, if you can find it.

And thanks alecl for your suggestion, though I would prefer a good level of English-speaking & their website doesn't give me much confidence that they really cater for English skiers. I also don't really want laid-back lessons, although I appreciate that may have been for the benefit of the kids. But have read such mixed reviews of the Red Devils that if the Black Sheep Ski company doesn't turn out then will probably contact them. Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's what I thought too re your wishes for lesson style. Judging by the other groups knocking about goups of kids seemed to be their forte.

Ditto website comments!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Couple of things to add after a bit of reflection:

Perhaps was a bit harsh about their level of english - I tend to question foreigners English if it's worse than my German. I study politics full-time, in German at a German uni so it's probably quite a high standard. I guess the acid test would be to send them an email in english and see what happens.

As regards comments about the red devils, I can appreciate previous posts about them appearing slightly unimpressed at the prospect of teaching beginners/brits. This could be out of turn as I've had no direct connection with them, but by the looks of the way they lounge about the bottom of the Hahnenkamm every day on their own table it seems they do have a certain sense of self-importance.

Also if you don't speak German and want any of the Stefan's site translating just send me a msg - as mentioned I'm a student and have a certain amount of spare time!! snowHead snowHead

edit: Just reading your post about staying near the bottom of the Streifalm - A LONG way from the offices of Stefan! Through town then 40minutes or so more drive/ski bus. If they can't send intructors round to meet you I'd say forget using them if you have already booked. Good luck with black sheep - They look like a really good operation from the website.

further edit: Kitzbuhel still isn't the right spelling. Kitzbühel is. If you can't find the 'ü' Kitzbuehel is also fine. Bit of a minor point though..... rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks alecl for the additional info, my standard of German was O Level 25 years ago, sufficient to just about to get by with and that's about it. I definitely wouldn't want to travel that far so an instructor would have to meet me. A good point though, I'll send them an email in English and see what the response is, although of course an office person's knowledge of English has little bearing on the ability of the ski instructor to teach in English.

I know, I was just lazy with the correct spelling of Kitzbuhel, but also thinking of what people in the future would be more likely to search under Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cathy, As you see from the post time I was very bored and looking for stuff to write - I know thats how 'Kitz' looks in English. Embarassed

They didn't have any office people at their main 'office' - the instructors (mainly "Stefan") did the rental (wouldn't rent from them tho), ski service, and all the till stuf etc.

Although they'll obviously put their top English bod on the case for the return email... wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And just had a reply from Brett at Black Sheep Ski - he's been in Bali for 2 months & is just now sorting out emails etc. Must be a tough life wink . But pleased to get an acknowledgement & hope they turn out OK Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, Finally managed to find the card but obviously just a little too late! I'm sure they'll fine Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ah thanks Dr Che, hope you didn't go to too much trouble finding the card! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy