Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowbombing 2023 - dates?

Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody know when snowbombing dates will be released for next year.

Any ideas of when it will be?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Normally about 6 months ahead of time. Are you planning to go or avoid?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was trying to avoid. Looking at booking flights 1st April to 8th April while cheep for first week of easter holidays. We could visit a different resort but really have a love for the area
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I fear that is when it is likely to be...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickyJ, stay further up or down the valley then
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mother hucker, do you have a specific recommendation? We will be self catering and you have decent range of shops for getting supplies on foot in the main town
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We now tend to head out on the last weekend of March to avoid the festivities. It's normally around the week you are planning.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@JimboS, looking at historical date it sometimes coincides that week sometimes week later. Decided to secure flights going first week of April gives us quite a number of other options anyway. March not an options as our kids are still in school.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What is snowbombing?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Music festival I think

https://snowbombing.com/

Something which will make the area much busier
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It doesn't make the ski area busier.
Town is more lively and you might find it annoying in evening if you use a hotel on the main street.
Stay on the outer parts of town and you may not notice it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hamish, thats good to hear. As was tempted to give it a go any way if it does coincide
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've stayed during snowbombing week and hardly noticed it was on. Easy to avoid if you wish and rhe slopes aren't any busier than normal.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Corky, perfect
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@NickyJ, we'll be staying in Finkenberg that week(not for everyone but suits us with 8 and 6 YO). There's a bus down to the Hoff but you won't have the young and beautiful boffing up and rolling about in the streets and chanting football songs throughout the night.
latest report
When we have been there during snowbombing (4 times) we have found it to be very, very noisy, up till 3 in the morning. Lots of singing and shouting (and fighting in the main Street)etc. We put up with it when our kids were taking part, they loved it. Now the kids are grown up and we head out on our own we positively avoid it.

http://youtube.com/v/UIOmBtRELqI
snow report
Places we have stayed at before have been at 637 Waldfeldweg. This has always felt nice and quiet but not too far to walk to supermarket or lift even with skis and wearing boots.

Any ideas if this is quiet during snowbombing or does it spill out?
ski holidays
I’ve been to snowbombing a couple of times, not for a few years now though. My experience was that the slopes were especially quiet, barely a lift queue at all. A lot of the party stuff didn’t get going until (very) late on, and most was in converted venues that wouldn’t impact on a normal holiday. They used to have a street party on one afternoon / evening which was really good fun.
latest report
Quote:
Was trying to avoid. Looking at booking flights 1st April to 8th April while cheep for first week of easter holidays. We could visit a different resort but really have a love for the area

Quote:
I’ve been to snowbombing a couple of times, not for a few years now though. My experience was that the slopes were especially quiet, barely a lift queue at all

We skied a day at Mayrhofen (from Horberg) during this year's Snowbombing. It was like Dav says above - no queues and not very busy at all. Lots of Brits but the slopes were no busier than those of Hochzillertal, Zillertal Arena or Hintertux. Overall, all pleasantly quiet for the easter period.

We were staying down the valley in Fügen, so I don't know what it was like in Mayrhofen.
ski holidays
Thanks all. Nicely reassured. I have booked flights while they are so cheap with Lufthansa. Means going from Heathrow to Munich. But given BA want £243 per person per leg for Southampton to Salzburg.... it is worth the extra 1hr drive in the UK, for the family of 4.
latest report
@NickyJ, you think that's cheap? try ryanair to memmingam and car hire far cheaper
snow conditions
Mother hucker wrote:
@NickyJ, you think that's cheap? try ryanair to memmingam and car hire far cheaper

Yes I think under £550 for flights for 4 including 4 x 23kg and free ski carriage is cheap.
snow conditions
@NickyJ, sorry I read wrong I thought you'd paid £243 per person per journey.
Still don't discount ryanair in to memmingam for the future. The drive in from München isn't so bad
ski holidays
Mother hucker wrote:
@NickyJ, sorry I read wrong I thought you'd paid £243 per person per journey.
Still don't discount ryanair in to memmingam for the future. The drive in from München isn't so bad

Ah Smile yes I was saying how bad I thought BA prices were. It is frustrating that 18th March is £43 per person per leg but roll forward to 26th March and April and it jumps to £243 Sad

Still my girls are now 12 and 15 so not too many years left being tied to school holidays

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 18-04-22 11:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Mother hucker, i think Ryanair are starting to flight from Gatwick now aren't they?

My order of preference for departure are Bournemouth, Southampton, Heathrow, Gatwick, Bristol. Never ended up flying from Bristol yet as normally found something acceptable from first 4.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy