Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does this place really exist?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there - I am not sure this place really exists but thought I would check out the wider snowheads knowledge!

Looking for a large apartment, for 8 or 12 people, next to nursery slopes which has facilities for a 2.5 year old (prefer alternative to set as Heard- bad things about their nurseries) - preferably ski in / out, but not far to walk to nursery slopes if not ski in / out and in either Feb (so could be low down as it will be too cold) or April Easter holidays so will have to be high.

Would love Les menuires but can seem to find any apartments in the centre without walking.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Elsie80 wrote:
Hi there - I am not sure this place really exists but thought I would check out the wider snowheads knowledge!

next to nursery slopes which has facilities for a 2.5 year old (prefer alternative to set...

Set? Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sainte Foy would be worth looking,you might need to put people in the living room on a sofae ba in an apartment. Plenty of chalets around though, look at Premiere Neige
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Elsie80, I think you'll struggle to find a single apartment that comfortably sleeps 8-12 people ...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Elsie80, 12 of us stayed in this apartment a couple of years back but it has no specific facilities for toddlers https://www.expedia.co.uk/Les-Allues-Hotels-Large-Apartment-In-Meribel-Mottaret.h30668650.Hotel-Information It is within walking distance of (I think, but don't quote me on it!) the green Perdrix piste, and is ski in if you can remember where exactly to exit the piste Very Happy It's on the top floor but there is a (small) lift.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Elsie80, https://en.ski-france.com/ski-area-val-cenis-vanoise/val-cenis/balcons-platinium/ Very Happy

Scroll down when in link for apartment pax choices.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's a whole host of ApartHotels in Tignes now, this one is close to the nursery slopes, but you would have to book childcare, to come into the apartment and yes they do have large apartments with no one on the sofa, well up to 14 folks.

https://www.alpapart.fr/residence-denali/en/

They do have others, but are a bit further from the nursery slopes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Denali looks nice in Tignes, I can also highly recommend Le Taos (two doors away from Denali).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As for childcare, ABSki are amazing in Tignes.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You could look at Morzine or Avoriaz as they are great family resorts.

If you need childcare you could check out Altitude Nannies https://altitudenannies.co.uk/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Avoriaz will 100% be a fit…
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Could you combine 2 or more apartments together? Like this:

https://www.moremountain.com/apartments/apartment-pleney-2/

Morzine has a great nursery school and lots of private childcare options. Minimum age for ski school is almost always 3. It’s not very high, fine in Feb, may be a problem at Easter.

Avoriaz has the village des enfants and almost all the apartments are ski in/out.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you want a package, Chaletline are very good at finding what you need if you give them a list of requirements, and often cheaper than booking direct. They have apartments and hotels, not just chalets.
https://www.chaletline.co.uk/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[Blatant advertising? Maybe, but I've not really found any rules against. Mods please advise/remove if inappropriate here.]

I've just opened up our Morgins apartments for next season, so take a look. Largest one sleeps 7 comfortably, plus a sofa bed.

We're just a couple of minutes' walk from a nursery area with kids' club(s), while two chair lifts (5 and 8 minutes' walk, free buses available) to connect to the rest of the PdS via Châtel and Champousin/Champéry respectively.

Morgins is a quiet pretty village, with a couple of small supermarkets and a handful of restaurants. Châtel is just five minutes' drive for more nightlife or shopping. At 1350m we do pretty well for snow, but it's not ski-in, ski-out as such.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nbt wrote:
Sainte Foy would be worth looking,you might need to put people in the living room on a sofae ba in an apartment. Plenty of chalets around though, look at Premiere Neige

https://www.premiere-neige.com/sainte-foy/vanoise-chalet/?portfolioCats=16%2C25

Sleeps 12, almost right at the bottom of the nursery slopes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy