Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Harder slopes sans technique

Poster: A snowHead
Shocked
I am a Classe 1 (esf) skier midway through a week of hoping to become parallel and be able to manage most blues without having a panic attack. I am in France.

The instructor is taking us on blue pistes which in these spring conditions are horrible. We have learned no technique and are simply struggling to stay upright.

Even without the poor snow, I don't understand the logic behind progressing to blues before technique is mastered. Wouldn't it be better to learn how parallel feels on a friendly ten degree green, rather than try to manage scarier slopes and new technique all at once?

I am completely exhausted and feeling hopeless. Embarassed
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there and welcome.

"Completely tired and feeling hopeless" is a place most of us have been....It's almost a Right of Passage.....and then there is the Mid Week Blues, where fatigue and information overload kick in as a deadly combination.

Years ago, I felt the ESF would take you on difficult slopes with a "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" attitude - which I didn't find helpful as it removed confidence (and without confidence, you can't ski well, if at all).

FWIW. I would get a sneaky Private Lesson from an Instructor that is recommended on here - what resort are you in and a venerable Snowhead might know who to try? It is always good to end the holiday on a "high".

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 12-04-22 16:39; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@cametumbling, I don't think - if your snow is anything like much of ours today (Chamonix) - that you'd actually be moving on a green slope.

That said, I see absolutely no reason why you are not learning any technique, especially on how to manage these spring-like conditions, which aren't really that unusual in the Spring. The snow is not the easiest, but ...

Are you in a group? I'd have a chat with the ski school. P.S. Where in France?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Old Fartbag wrote:
Years ago, I felt the ESF would take you on difficult slopes with a "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" attitude - which I didn't find helpful as it removed confidence (and without confidence, you can't ski well, if at all).

Thanks OF Little Angel
I completely agree with this. I broke my back snowboarding the first time someone convinced me to try it (20 years ago now), so I have a lot of anxiety about not feeling in control. Confidence is key for me. I am 41 and a bit overweight, but I cycle quite a bit and it seems to be the lack of technique that's leaving me so knackered. I've actually a skied about 2 weeks before this over the years, and this week feels worse than anything.

I am in Meribel-Mottaret...I will have a look at the recommendations. I was so looking forward to exploring all of the valleys and now I am feeling a bit stuck.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
I see absolutely no reason why you are not learning any technique, especially on how to manage these spring-like conditions, which aren't really that unusual in the Spring. The snow is not the easiest, but ...

Hi uann, thanks for your reply. I am in Meribel. I skied on spring snow in California before I came here, this type of snow itself is not new to me. I don't know. I'm also having a lot of ankle-area pain so it could be a boot issue. But this is too much. I am not enjoying it at all. I am struggling and scared. Maybe the greens are graded differently there, but I can absolutely go too fast for my comfort on the greens here, especially due to the lack of control I feel in this snow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cametumbling wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

Thanks OF Little Angel
I completely agree with this. I broke my back snowboarding the first time someone convinced me to try it (20 years ago now), so I have a lot of anxiety about not feeling in control. Confidence is key for me. I am 41 and a bit overweight, but I cycle quite a bit and it seems to be the lack of technique that's leaving me so knackered. I've actually a skied about 2 weeks before this over the years, and this week feels worse than anything.

I am in Meribel-Mottaret...I will have a look at the recommendations. I was so looking forward to exploring all of the valleys and now I am feeling a bit stuck.

I would give BASS (British Alpine Ski School) a ring and ask for a native English speaker. There is also New Gen and Oxygene. Maybe someone here can give you a specific name.

If it works out, let us know how you got on.

Another thought - if you are on a Piste Ski, can you hire/exchange for something wider (90ish under foot)?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 12-04-22 17:14; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@cametumbling, greens in CA are, I think, equivalent to blues in France. Could be kit either boots or skis maybe, but I think it's your instructor at fault. I was watching a few classes today and they all seemed to be learning and getting along quite fine.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks both, I will look into BASS or the others. Yes, I was definitely skiing the same or steeper slopes back home but they were shorter, so maybe that's it? The Alps are really something else Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cametumbling wrote:
Thanks both, I will look into BASS or the others. Yes, I was definitely skiing the same or steeper slopes back home but they were shorter, so maybe that's it? The Alps are really something else Smile

I haven't seen you ski - but maybe you are hurrying your turns by skidding/twisting feet and then tripping up as the skis sink in the cruddy snow. You could try not rushing your turns - think smooth long S....but hold onto them longer by steering up hill more to slow down...and don't start the next turn until you are in control of the last one. A little speed helps, but need control through turn shape.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OF I know what you mean, and on pistes of less than 15 degrees (I'm looking at Fatmap a lot to try to figure out which runs I might be able to handle -- so my grades are based on their elevations) I'm working on really making that long smooth S.

But on the steeper sections of the long blue today, it was so mogully that as soon as I came perpendicular to the fall line (the point at which I'd start to feel more in control, normally, and begin the next turn) I had to cross big bumps of snow. Then I'd lose all form whatsoever. By the same token, if I did try to pick up speed and link my turns, as soon as I had to slow down or stop it would take every muscle in my body to hold the slide through all that sludge.

Either way, it was brutal and I was having to stop every few turns. The rest of the class is teenaged lads who were getting tired, too, but were more able to just throw themselves down the hill with limbs akimbo. Not I! rolling eyes

To be fair even the parallel skiers were sliding around quite a bit. But the instructor has said he's going to take us down into Meribel tomorrow "because there's more choice of blues and greens." I was down there yesterday afternoon and it was slop...the temps aren't getting below freezing anymore, so I can only imagine how it'll be tomorrow. If we have to do one of those exposed blues, I'm afraid I'll need rescue!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Old Fartbag wrote:

Quote:

I would give BASS (British Alpine Ski School) a ring and ask for a native English speaker. There is also New Gen and Oxygene. Maybe someone here can give you a specific name.

There's also Ski Marmalade in Meribel, odd name for a ski school but a decent bunch.

Also just a wee tactic, if you're feeling tired try to be the one at the front following the instructor, you'll have the best view of the model to copy and a longer rest at the end of the run whilst you wait for the others.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Tubaski, I will get in touch with them as well! Yes, he did take pity on me at the end and had me follow him, but I was so slow I kept getting passed! Ah well. Confused
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know it probably doesn't help the way you are feeling but embrace the slide and be flexible enough to flex to absorb what will be very soft bumps. The more you bully the slope and the less you are afraid of it, the easier everything will be. While the ESF are justifiably looked on a bit cynically here for their history of "follow me, bend ze kneez" lesson methodology actually most younger instructors are more understanding and have a better sense of humour/compassion so have a decnt discussion with your instructor - maybe grab first chair with them.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
I know it probably doesn't help the way you are feeling but embrace the slide and be flexible enough to flex to absorb what will be very soft bumps. The more you bully the slope and the less you are afraid of it, the easier everything will be. While the ESF are justifiably looked on a bit cynically here for their history of "follow me, bend ze kneez" lesson methodology actually most younger instructors are more understanding and have a better sense of humour/compassion so have a decnt discussion with your instructor - maybe grab first chair with them.

Ah I so wish I had checked on here before simply booking with ESF. I feel like I've made a pricey mistake, in more ways than one.

I am almost to the point of discontinuing the lessons, because I'm too tired to try skiing in the afternoons, even on the easier pistes that I enjoy.

I do do better when I try to bully the slope rather than the other way around, but having broken my back when the anxiety takes hold it takes hold hard. I had a full on panic attack out there today and almost blacked out.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cametumbling wrote:
OF I know what you mean, and on pistes of less than 15 degrees (I'm looking at Fatmap a lot to try to figure out which runs I might be able to handle -- so my grades are based on their elevations) I'm working on really making that long smooth S.

But on the steeper sections of the long blue today, it was so mogully that as soon as I came perpendicular to the fall line (the point at which I'd start to feel more in control, normally, and begin the next turn) I had to cross big bumps of snow. Then I'd lose all form whatsoever. By the same token, if I did try to pick up speed and link my turns, as soon as I had to slow down or stop it would take every muscle in my body to hold the slide through all that sludge.

Either way, it was brutal and I was having to stop every few turns. The rest of the class is teenaged lads who were getting tired, too, but were more able to just throw themselves down the hill with limbs akimbo. Not I! rolling eyes

To be fair even the parallel skiers were sliding around quite a bit. But the instructor has said he's going to take us down into Meribel tomorrow "because there's more choice of blues and greens." I was down there yesterday afternoon and it was slop...the temps aren't getting below freezing anymore, so I can only imagine how it'll be tomorrow. If we have to do one of those exposed blues, I'm afraid I'll need rescue!

Another possible tactic, where there are bumps, is aim for them and use them to turn on. If you ski very slowly over to a bump, when you are on the top (almost stopped) - plant your pole down hill and just turn your feet (easy as tips and tails in the air); push the tips into the hollow and ski to the next bump (and repeat).

The benefit of this, is you can go very slowly, as you are using the bumps to turn on. It's a change of mindset, where you see Bumps as friendly and helpful, rather than instruments of torture, that make you tense up and fall over. This is about using the terrain to your advantage, rather than fighting against it and losing. There is a hard and easy way to ski nearly any slope.

Easier said than done - but a good instructor should guide you through.
snow conditions
Old Fartbag wrote:

Another possible tactic, where there are bumps, is aim for them and use them to turn on. If you ski very slowly over to a bump, when you are on the top (almost stopped) - plant your pole down hill and just turn your feet (easy as tips and tails in the air); push the tips into the hollow and ski to the next bump (and repeat).

The benefit of this, is you can go very slowly, as you are using the bumps to turn on. It's a change of mindset, where you see Bumps as friendly and helpful, rather than instruments of the Devil that make you tense up and fall over. This is about using the terrain to your advantage, rather than fighting with it and losing. There is a hard and easy way to ski nearly any slope.

Easier said than done - but a good instructor should guide you through.

Ah I love this so much, OF, thank you! I don't know if it'll work, but it's definitely the type of mindset shift I need.

I thought the instructor we had was good, simply because he wasn't downright rude like the one I had on Sunday. But that's just because I hadn't come here to see the Bend Ze Knees joke yet! Laughing
ski holidays
@cametumbling, can't you switch to morning lessons?
latest report
I'm in morning lessons! lol Smile
snow conditions
cametumbling wrote:

Ah I love this so much, OF, thank you! I don't know if it'll work, but it's definitely the type of mindset shift I need.

I thought the instructor we had was good, simply because he wasn't downright rude like the one I had on Sunday. But that's just because I hadn't come here to see the Bend Ze Knees joke yet! Laughing

It definitely works. If you get a Private Lesson, discuss with the Instructor.

It's a tactic of good skiers, in difficult heavy snow, where they actively seek out bumps and humps to help with turning.

When going slowly, the bumps give a little "Unweighted" feeling (a bit like Old School Up-Unweighting), which also help with the turn.

As you get faster, then Absorption comes into play.....but at this stage, the goal is to come quietly down, in control and expending as little effort as possible.

If you want to give it a try - find a small bump on its own and do one turn over it. When that feels comfortable, see if you can find a slope with small, spread out bumps....and come quietly down, turning on the bumps. Keep it fairly slow, or you will fly off the top.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 12-04-22 19:59; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
@cametumbling, oh! yeah, it's not really refreezing overnight.
ski holidays
@cametumbling, sorry you are having such a sad time. You obviousy have major "mind problems" as well as finding your technique inadequate for the spring snow - I sympathise, finding that "aggressive, standing up and forward" stance when you are feeling so overwhelmed is well nigh impossible. You were clearly very ambitious thinking you could explore the whole of that huge area, especially if you are in ski school every morning.

Maybe step right back from it? I see no harm in dropping out of lessons you are not enjoying at all. If you can get a private lesson or two with one of the schools recommended here, fine. But if you can't, maybe just try to find yourself a run you're really happy with and just find some rhythm, and confidence. And if it's really all not happening, go for a walk, get out of the boots which are hurting you so much, have lunch on a sunny terrace, and a cold beer, enjoy the mountains and stop beating yourself up.
latest report
Thanks OF! That's so helpful to know. I'll definitely give it a try...speed won't be an issue Laughing
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
finding that "aggressive, standing up and forward" stance when you are feeling so overwhelmed is well nigh impossible.

So true, Pam! So true.

That's all good advice. I'm here alone for a couple weeks. To save money, sure, I'd hoped I'd be able to explore in the afternoons. But really, I just want to be able to get down a blue on my own, because there's a few key links between the 3V I'd like to be able to manage, next week on first runs if need be.

Just to do one run down into Courcheval, or St Martin, or VT, or Orelle and have lunch and head back, on the gondola if need be... that's all. The good life, as you suggest! Smile
latest report
@pam w, + 1. Was just going to say - step away. Especially if you're at black out panic stage. Maybe have a lie in, then just relax and go for a nice green at your own pace, long lunch.

Also, go and swap your boots if they are hired! And if you can do the cost, do have a private lesson with someone recommended to end on a good note.

It's a holiday. Take some time out, do your own thing and then try again next time with a recommended instructor and enjoy.

This from someone who literally shook and couldn't breathe on a blue in Italy a few weeks ago, then skied all the slopes under some excellent tuition. Tired, hurting and anxious is no way to improve technique.
latest report
cametumbling wrote:
Thanks OF! That's so helpful to know. I'll definitely give it a try...speed won't be an issue Laughing

In fact:

- You can stand stationary on top of a bump, with skis across the slope
- Face shoulders downhill and plant pole down the fall line from your heels
- As you press forward and lean on it, your feet should turn as if by magic
- As you turn, press the Pole Planting hand forward, to stop it pulling that shoulder back, which will throw you off balance
- You should be able to make one turn like this and stop
- Try it in each direction

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 12-04-22 18:38; edited 2 times in total
snow report
ElzP wrote:
@pam w, + 1. Was just going to say - step away. Especially if you're at black out panic stage. Maybe have a lie in, then just relax and go for a nice green at your own pace, long lunch.

Also, go and swap your boots if they are hired! And if you can do the cost, do have a private lesson with someone recommended to end on a good note.

It's a holiday. Take some time out, do your own thing and then try again next time with a recommended instructor and enjoy.

This from someone who literally shook and couldn't breathe on a blue in Italy a few weeks ago, then skied all the slopes under some excellent tuition. Tired, hurting and anxious is no way to improve technique.

Ah that is so fantastic, @ElzP!! Good for you, you're an inspiration!! I'm really stubborn, I'm not good at pivoting. Hearing from you that you did it, and it worked so well...that's so great to hear. Thanks for sharing Smile
snow report
Thanks OF, I will try that. I've had too much movement inside my boots, I was trying to move the skis with my feet. Shocked Definitely need to rely on that magic more.
ski holidays
cametumbling wrote:
Thanks OF, I will try that. I've had too much movement inside my boots, I was trying to move the skis with my feet. Shocked Definitely need to rely on that magic more.

I'm with those who say your boots are making life much more difficult than it need to be.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cametumbling wrote:
ElzP wrote:

Ah that is so fantastic, @ElzP!! Good for you, you're an inspiration!! I'm really stubborn, I'm not good at pivoting. Hearing from you that you did it, and it worked so well...that's so great to hear. Thanks for sharing Smile

Me and you both! Laughing If I've got a plan I get very twitchy if i can't carry it out! I really learned a lesson this year in reminding myself it's meant to be fun, and every day I'm freaking out is a waste of a day. That day on the blue, i got my skis off, had a massive hot chocolate, then downloaded, ate food, drank wine, and booked that brilliant private instructor. I did a lot more relaxing for the rest of the trip - and by taking the step back to allow a positive approach, I also did a lot more skiing! snowHead
ski holidays
OF, sorry for all the detail here, but basically I'm really confused about the boots and don't know what to do, so here we are...

I skied three days this season near my hometown in California, most recently two-three weeks ago. The rental boots were fine. As a beginner, never paid them any mind.

I arrived here and was given size 26 boots. Fine. I went down the easy green run, Truite, and almost threw up I was in so much ankle pain. I was crying, it was awful. I looked at the size chart online and thought maybe they were too small. I returned them and was given a size 26.5 (my feet were measured both times, I was 26cm/mondo pt or just over, 26.25).

The ankle pain continued, but was slightly less. I had zero control over the ski though, and it was scary. I did Truite and half of a blue run. I started googling a LOT, and realized I was having tendon pain. I did some stretching, but didn't really understand how I'd gone from zero pain two weeks ago to insane pain now.

I didn't ski for 3 days. On Saturday I tried Truite again, and felt a bit better, so I decided to go all in and enroll in lessons for this week, and buy the ski pass. The first day, Sunday, was not great.

Yesterday, Monday, we had a new instructor and when I told him I was basically falling forward and had no control, he physically adjusted both of my boots for me. Embarrassingly, in California, the rental shop puts on the boots for you and snaps them shut, so I actually did not know how to do this myself or how tight they should be. And here I did not want to tighten them, because I thought that was causing the tendon pain. But things were much better when the second and then first buckles were quite tight, as I now know they are meant to be.

I had been noticing that after about an hour of skiing the tendon pain subsided (thank god, because it was awful). With the tightened boots, I finally had a good day of skiing yesterday. I took a break for lunch after my lessons, and then went and did some more greens from Saulire down into the Meribel Altiport area.

Today, I made sure to tighten the boots the same as yesterday. However, today, the tendon pain never went away. We went straight into the steeper runs, so maybe that was it. I'm not sure. Since we were on that messy, steeper slope, I noticed the foot movement inside the boot. I thought at the time maybe that was causing the tendon pain...but now that I think about it, that was also happening in the smaller boot, so that can't be it.

Again, no new injuries, none of this happened before...not quite sure what to do. I felt pretty confident in California, I specifically went skiing to prep for here, I wanted to be able to do those blues...I was steadily progressing, and here...! Gah. I'm all over the place. The boot thing feels like a catch-22 -- smaller and tighter = more tendon pain, looser = lack of control.
snow report
ElzP wrote:

Me and you both! Laughing If I've got a plan I get very twitchy if i can't carry it out! I really learned a lesson this year in reminding myself it's meant to be fun, and every day I'm freaking out is a waste of a day. That day on the blue, i got my skis off, had a massive hot chocolate, then downloaded, ate food, drank wine, and booked that brilliant private instructor. I did a lot more relaxing for the rest of the trip - and by taking the step back to allow a positive approach, I also did a lot more skiing! snowHead

Ah that's so awesome! Man, I haven't even had a chocolate chaud yet. Did you find your private instructor on here?

Yeah, I've been freaking out for two years, lol...I wanted to come here, do something physical, be in the magical mountains, feel more like myself -- well, not my anxious self, I should say. Laughing So this sounds like a better plan Smile
snow report
@cametumbling, If skiing is something you are going to continue with - you need to have well fitted boots. There aren't that many good Bootfitters about and you need a recommendation. Very often Instructors can tell you who is good. It is a Dark Art, where many things are taken into account, from foot shape to flexibility.

For example, in Meribel, the Boot Lab come highly recommended (Gav and Tom): https://thebootlab.co.uk/

You should not have to put up with that level of discomfort.

- It is crucial that you know how to put on and buckle your boots up correctly.
- Ski Socks are also important....no wrinkles
- You can go back to the hire shop and ask for their help

http://youtube.com/v/gGsZH3SqO-I

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 12-04-22 19:30; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
@cametumbling, found mine on maison sport (went for the one with most reviews that mentioned confidence and English language), but there are fab recommendations on here.

You sound a lot like me, so will say - it does get better! Very Happy Boots, lessons, the weather, the snow, all things that can be fixed, bought or learned to deal with until it comes together to your satisfaction. The headspace to relax and enjoy the views, savour the food, breathe the air, that comes from us eh. Can be the most difficult thing to put in place!

I'm at risk of sounding zen. Laughing
snow report
@Old Fartbag, If I weren't a bit itinerant at the moment, I would definitely buy boots. I watched a LOT of boot YouTube videos last week, and I think I might have quite high arches. Unsure. But yes, a dark art indeed. And it seems no laymen are willing to comment on that craft, either because they have not been brought into the fold or do not wish to anger the true Bootfitters.

Indeed, I think mayhaps the otherwise lovely frenchman in this rental shop is not of the bootfitter guild. It seems to be a measure-and-done scenario. I don't actually know how to get more help, especially as I feel both stupid as a beginner and embarrassed because I've already changed them once. And it's probably just me and my weird feet and I've rented from a shop who's boots don't work for me and before I was lucky and did.

I will say that I was quite surprised that the equipment at my small local hill was in much better condition than the stuff here. I've seen online that the liners can be shot to hell here, and maybe that's part of the problem. Or maybe I'm just not used to a boot feeling quite so different from when you put it on to how it feels warm. Dunno.

I didn't come across your video, but I did get to that level of knowledge through lots of searching! Wish I'd found yours first! My sock/tightening regime is pretty well sorted, thankfully!
snow report
@ElzP, hahaha you are indeed!! But that's exactly the recentering I need. When you're alone as I am it can be hard to right the ship, especially when knackered and frustrated. So you're absolutely right, and I really appreciate it Little Angel I'm so lucky to be able to come to this magical place, enjoying it is the most important thing.
snow report
@cametumbling, We are now interested in your adventure (and expect regular updates) - so you are no longer alone. Toofy Grin

In true Covid style, your support is remote. No matter the problem, someone here will have an answer (even if it's not "the" answer).
ski holidays
@Old Fartbag, Haha thanks OF, I really wish I'd discovered you guys sooner. But I'm glad you're here now, Covid style or not. Laughing
Thanks for being here. Little Angel
snow report
Ask the rental shop to try on alternate brands of boot if they have them and explain your problem. A 26 is usually a 25.5 shell as they only go up in full sizes so it's not surprising the bigger shell might swim on you. You're really not going to have a good time unless the boots are secure in stop/start heavy spring snow. As you suggest even getting one with a less used liner might help.

And one other thing - forget about breaking your back - that was snowboarding a completely different sport with different injury mechanics (where unfortunately hard heelside slams while learning are a thing). You almost certainly can't do anything as bad skiing especially not in soft spring snow.

And do the turning on the backs of the turtles thing in bumps or alternate think of dwarf punching - stab them in the foot with your pole and punch forward with your hand and the skis will take care of themselves probably.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, hahaha dwarf punching Laughing I love it Laughing

That's actually really helpful about the injury mechanics...I didn't know that, and have been absolutely petrified of falling (even though I feel a bit better that we all wear helmets now). I mean, I have the typical social anxiety about not being able to get up (made worse by ski instructors who always want to yell at whoever falls that it's so easy to get up, watch! -- erm no, no it is not, and stress doesn't help), but that doesn't hit quite as deep down as the other.

That's *also* very good to know about shells -- I would have thought it was 26 - 26.5 -- and that it's especially important for this snow. Which makes sense based on recent experience!
ski holidays
This is an old video, but touches on what I'm talking about.
At around 11:08, it shows a turn off one bump.

http://youtube.com/v/kTAlrdIfEwQ?t=645

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 12-04-22 21:02; edited 4 times in total
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy