Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lofoten Islands 2022: It's Been a Whale **Time for Some Photos...**

Poster: A snowHead
The adventure starts tomorrow... snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 19-04-22 22:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry not to make it this time, but I've come down with covid so I'd be stuck in the UK even if I'd signed up
Looking forward to updates Cool
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Arno, oh no! Hope it doesn’t strike too badly. I’m taking the iPad rather than the laptop so aim to process a pic a day. May have to wait till we return but we’ll get something up for sure.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Sharkymark, I'm missing that £10 a pint Norwegian lager already Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Sharkymark, strong work on the thread title!! Happy Have some some interesting (& esoteric obviously) things lined up hopefully… Now just need full team + all bags to arrive!

@Arno, you will be missed… but I will be organising 2023 dates shortly…
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jealous! A mate was there last week and lucked out with conditions - that’s him!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Sharkymark, have a great time!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@offpisteskiing, I’ve had 3 years to think of it! Laughing

@Hurtle, thanks! snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I pray to Cod that you have a great time
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oooh this is so on my bucket list! Have an amazing time and looking forward to seeing pics / reports!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have a very large mammal of a time!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We had a bit of an issue with kit not arriving from Oslo so plan A rapidly became plan B. Still managed to get in a cheeky late afternoon explore in a sector we hadn’t been before. Plan A on the line didn’t really work so just a short scamper up and down to warm up. Really warm today; 7 deg.C. Amazing sunset - they’re on the proper camera. Will do those when I get home.

latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Sharkymark, let me guess - BA? We had a delayed bag flying into Oslo and had to buy a whole load of technical kit, for which they reimbursed us.
latest report
@doorman_tom, no, Norwegian! We’re still waiting. Apparently Si and Jason’s skis are turning up first thing tomorrow…
latest report
A classic Lofoten day: forecast said rain at first clearing mid morning. It actually snowed. We had a leisurely start to allow the clouds to lift off the summits and headed back to the same zone as yesterday. We started climbing in good vis, summited in a blizzard, skied quite acceptable heavy powder, then some less acceptable cement, then the sun came out, sauna, dive into the fjord (at 4 deg.C), beer, done.

First shot is the team skinning in, second shot is offpisteskiing topping out on lap 2 and shot 3 is obvious snowHead

ski holidays
…so things kicked off a bit last night snowHead

Back of camera shot; post processing will have to wait as the sun’s out.
ski holidays
Wow
snow conditions
Sharkymark wrote:
…so things kicked off a bit last night snowHead

Back of camera shot; post processing will have to wait as the sun’s out.

STUNNING!!!
snow report
beautiful , hope your week pans out like ours in Senja , temps dropping and snow snow snow , have a great trip
snow report
Since Sharkymark is too busy with his 'proper camera' here is one from yesterday in flat light...

snow conditions
And a few from today...

Sharkymark looking moderately happy...

snow report
Another back-of-camera photo: here’s offpisteskiing nailing the south couloir of Geitgallien that ends at the sea. The snow in it was awesome.

snow conditions
Looks lovely. Enjoy
ski holidays
Whistler invoked the "sea to sky" slogan.....I think it's far more applicable to northern Norway, all looks quite superb!
snow conditions
A few phone shots from today. Another offpisteskiing unicorn line special that was a first for us all. We headed west for the first time this week as they’ve had more than the east, which is quite rare. We were also joined by Kristin, a local who we rescued on our first ever day in Lofoten 9 years ago, which was really awesome.

First shot is offpisteskiing surveying the zone we’re about to skin into. Second shot is the astonishing view from the top and third is the lunch spot.

It was warm again today and we had all the weather: cold, hot, sun, thick mist, rain and snow. Managed to ski great spring snow all day, which is was a very pleasant surprise.

latest report
Oh my, those views!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Sharkymark, is that just before you get to Reine? Looks great!
snow report
@Arno, yes! The money shot view is looking over Reine.
ski holidays
@Sharkymark, looks great! IIRC the weather’s always been crap when I’ve been past there
snow conditions
Yes, yes, and thrice yes
snow report
The forecast for today was inclement so plan A was for a shorter line. Fortunately, the weather cleared westward and we headed to repeat a line that defeated us several years ago in bad weather with Horizon and Irbis in tow. Not many pics on the phone today but plenty on the camera so more to come over the next couple of weeks.

The boot pack up and offpisteskiing sampling the local culture at the end of the day. Weather improves tomorrow and it’s been snowing most of the day in the east. We have something rather special planned for Friday too…

snow conditions
A big contrast to yesterday this morning: still, clear and cold. An absolute banger. This view never gets old.

Plan A to climb Himmeltind was thwarted by a lack of snow on the approach so we returned to a favourite of previous years, Stornappstind. There were a couple of other groups present so we took an offpisteskiing special option and skied two lines on adjacent peaks, leaving the only tracks

Cool . The views from the summit are breathtaking. It’s hard to convey with a phone pic. A pano is sitting in the camera waiting to be processed…

Another top day.
ski holidays
I think the phone does a decent job Very Happy
snow conditions
@Frosty the Snowman, thanks. I think I’ve said it before but it’s hard to take a bad photo here.
ski holidays
Today was the last day for offpisteskiing, Jason and DavidIdes and boy was it a blinder. We set off to ski Trollfjord, which is only accessible by boat…and what a boat. 48 knots at full chat; got the endorphins going.

We skied two lines. The first of which was the main Trolltindan couloir. The summit (obvious peak on the looker’s right) was too icy to climb and ski safely so we topped out on the shoulder.

…which turned out to be an awesome lunch spot. Probably the best view all week.

A Norwegian light ale to end the day waiting for our return RIB. There was some jaw-dropping sea eagle action on the way back but that’ll have to wait for now…

Hewey and I have an extra day to ski tomorrow then that’s a wrap. Weather looks somewhat incromulent so just a local jaunt and a final swim in the Norwegian Sea.
snow conditions
Trollfjord at last. Looks great. Hope to get in there one of these days
snow conditions
Sharkymark wrote:
Today was the last day for offpisteskiing, Jason and DavidIdes and boy was it a blinder. We set off to ski Trollfjord, which is only accessible by boat…and what a boat. 48 knots at full chat; got the endorphins going.

We skied two lines. The first of which was the main Trolltindan couloir. The summit (obvious peak on the looker’s right) was too icy to climb and ski safely so we topped out on the shoulder.

…which turned out to be an awesome lunch spot. Probably the best view all week.

A Norwegian light ale to end the day waiting for our return RIB. There was some jaw-dropping sea eagle action on the way back but that’ll have to wait for now…

Hewey and I have an extra day to ski tomorrow then that’s a wrap. Weather looks somewhat incromulent so just a local jaunt and a final swim in the Norwegian Sea.

Quality snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
@Arno, the wind is currently howling your name. It’s your destiny
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy