Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boot - bruising

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First day back on the slopes yesterday since 2019 and I’m in quite a lot of pain today. The front of the bottom of my shins (where the bend of the foot is) feel very bruised.

Is this just part of first day skiing or can I adjust my boot clips differently? Honestly, I’ve never really understood which clips should be tight or loose.
I ski in Head Nexo Lyt 80 RS
https://www.skibartlett.com/ski-boots-c4/ski-boots-c14/recreational-boots-c114/head-nexo-lyt-80-rs-womens-ski-boot-2020-black-p17618
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have never suffered bruising, in well fitted boots, where the buckles are done up correctly:

- Make sure Tongue is seated correctly
- Make sure heel is in the back of the boot, by banging the heel on the ground
- The toe clips should be only tight enough so they don't open
- The clip over the ankle is the most important and should be tight, but not cranked
- The top clip should be tight but not cranked
- If possible put the Power Strap around the Inner Boot (ie. inside the shell, instead of outside the shell)

Bruising can occur if the Boots are too tight, too loose (foot moving about), ill fitting....or your socks are wrinkled.

You can get gel pads to protect shins in most chemists.

http://youtube.com/v/gGsZH3SqO-I
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you. I think the clips were too
Loose yesterday and allowed movement , especially the tongue shifting and I think the bruising is the edges of the tongue.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy