Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Public Enemies Vs Elan MO2 Rail's

Poster: A snowHead
Orite guys, I'm new here and stuff =[]

I bought a pair of K2 Public Enemies before X-mas and have ski'd on them alot, although they're a cracking pair of skis, I've gotta say they're a bit too heavy for me at the moment.

This has lead me to look at other skis, and I was looking at the Elan MO2 Rail's ( http://websites.uk-plc.net/GBR_Sports/uploads/c195905p285373.jpg )
Does anybody know if these are a decent pair of skis that are alot lighter than the K2's, yet still give out a decent performance and speed...

C'monnn, help the newbie!
<3
Jono! =)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The MO2 is stiffer, carvier, faster on groomed, and I prefer it on ice. Lighter than a PE? err, NO.
It is also more work than PEs in bumps/trees- the flex is symmetrical but comparable to Y2K recreational GS skis.

The new MO2.2 will give you more powder float than the old MO2, but if you're looking for light weight, maybe look at Dynastar or Scott and check your binding weight.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 30-05-06 21:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My current bindings are S810 TI's. They heavy?

Can you reccomend me a decent, lightweight pair of twin tipped skis?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jono wrote:
My current bindings are S810 TI's. They heavy?

Not to me. wink

Quote:
Can you reccomend me a decent, lightweight pair of twin tipped skis?

Not with great honesty on the 'decent' part as it's not my style of ski. Troublemakers or Sweet Daddies might be a good start.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fujatives are pretty much cheap and cheerful and light, should be able to get em for around £220 inc binding at the minute, try freeze-scotland. I found the public enemys when I demoed but I thiught it was the demo binding (marker m1000) I guess they are just a big burly ski. The dynastar troublemakers get some good reviews. No doubt with the fujative u will sacrifice some of the speed stability.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm. I'm pretty much wanting a lightweight ski that has twin tips, but can give some pace to it.

Maybe its just me being a girl, but I'm sure my PE's are heavy =/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The fujative will not have the stiffness of the PE but I dont think you should count em out. HAve you looked at the rossignol scratch FS.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't want to start a 'foam core debate' but in terms of weight, the Salomon 1080 Foil might be an option? Certainly not stiff, but stiffer and more allround than the Fujatives.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The longevity of the 1080 foil surely has to be brought into question, expecially in the terrain park. NExt years 1080 haas a wood core so it may be worth the wait. Have you thoguth about the Line PRophet 80 or Chronic Wide.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have just ordered myself some scott p3s in a 178. Selling my 163 triplets. Getting them from ski Bartlets. 02085732076. They have the 1080 foil for £259 in a 174 and a mjo 80 inc binding for £299, (forgot to ask about length). I was tempted by the line prophet in a 176 @ £279 but the p3 seems to be nice and turny at a radius of 16m.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good choice, the Scotts are a nice ski.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As you know I have been deliberating for some time. I really wanted something which could carve nice and tight on the groomers and perform in the park. I think a 178 should give me a bit of use in some moderate off-piste, I really don't think I'm ready to jump on some fat skis just yet
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You can ski anything off piste.

I've ski'd my 66mm underfoot in 30cm deep thick steep stuff before now. Admittedly it was extremely hard work, and would have been more fun on my fats.

As one of my coaches used to say to me (he skis everywhere on his slaloms) - "Fat skis are for weak skiers".

There is an element of truth in that..... Razz
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How much did you pay for the P3s if I may ask Edmundh009?

For anyone interested, telemark-pyrenees have an even better deal on 1080 Foils - about £175.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
£219 + bindings. Opted for a 178. 16m radius is what swung it for me. £175 is pretty cheap for foils, I didn't bother with the salomons as they have a foam core. Next years have a wood core as more as I know. Haven't got the p3s yet, should be here tommorow.
snow report
I have my 163 triplets for sale if your interested.
snow conditions
Not a bad price. Telemark-pyrenees have then for 295 euros, which is only slightly cheaper.

I was looking into the P3s for the same reasons - nice turning radius and not too fat a waist. Managed to nab myself a brand new pair on ebay for 100 euros Happy Will probably put a pair of Salomon 810 Axe bindings on - can't wait to ride them!
ski holidays
100 euros rolling eyes I've been stiffed good and proper Twisted Evil Laughing Kinda gave up with the whole ebay thing as prices usually plummet once youre down to the last couple of minutes. I'd get another pair for that kind of money.
snow report
Yeah. Ebay is often not worth the hassle, but with no interest expressed in these P3s, I did feel I had to put a last-minute offer in Very Happy

Just hope they ski as good as they sound, and by all means the stories about them are good!
ski holidays
I think snow and rock have the binding your after for around £80 or is that too much, no doubt you'll find one on ebay for 50p. Laughing I'm getting the scott bindings put on mine. They are salomon just rebranded, I think its the s12ti. Gonna get some use out of mine on the glacier in Whistler next month. Did you go for a 178 or another length.
snow report
Thanks. I saw the ones at snow and rock - it was actually the bindings I was thinking of. With a slight lift, I reckon they would make the carves on these turny skis even sweeter. Went for the 178 as well yes.

Whistler - nice... Let us know how you like them!

Anyway, I shouldn't count my ebay chickens just yet - the transaction has yet to be fully completed..... Cool
latest report
So are you going to put a riser plate on em. I am getting mine mounted 15mm of centre as I'm pretty light at 150lbs and it should help in the park. Just checked Snow and rock, may as well get the s912 ti over the s910 ti. Its only a few more quid. Does this seller you bought from have any more bargains which you may wish to pass on snowHead
ski holidays
Won't put a separate riser on, but they are built a wee bit higher than the s912s, which should hopefully translate into easier, smoother, more powerful turn.

Not sure about the mount points etc. Is there a recommended mount point marked on the ski itself? I probably wouldn't use them for park skiing, so will probably stick with the recommended point for nice smooth turns...

No bargains that I can see at the moment. I would generally recommend telemark-pyrenees though - cheaper than any UK-based websites or shops I've seen, and for me their service has been great (am not affiliated with them btw)

Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy