Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel this Friday.... Predictions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
jafa wrote:
Judwin wrote:
Can't leave Yeovil till about 17:00 on Friday (after YTFC thrash Aldershot) and am booked on the 20:38 chunnel. They've just said on the BBC news that P&O aren't expecting to restart Channel services until Friday, so I think that means the M20 will still be closed for operation Brock. 20:38 chunnel is looking 'optomistic'. rolling eyes

We normally take just under 3 hours from here in Sherborne, youd go Marston, we go Wincanton so similar timings, but thats at 5 in the morning.

Let me help you, skip Yeovil/ Aldershot game, it will only start the holiday off on the wrong foot. They havent thrashed anyone in a long time.....

Long gone are the days when I used to wait for the fixtures to come out before chosing my ski trips round YTFC home matches. Never even went to the Brentford game.

It's the living in hope that keeps me going to YTFC. Went to both Wemberleee games, and yes I was at the Forest 5-2 away game - I have the DVD and will be playing it on the EoSB before we thrash Whymouth on bank holiday Monday to get them relegated Very Happy .

We allow 2h50 on summer plane spotting trips to Europe. Used to be sub 2h30, but too many cameras now rolling eyes Start at 5pm, 2h50 on the road, 45 minutes checkin = 8:35pm leaving loads of time (3 minutes) to get the 8:38. What could possibly go wrong. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was a ST from the late 80s Guy Whittingham days to the 12/13 season Fry and his cronies actions killed it for me. Still take AW (Fulham) skiing
Being a non local and my son having played for Weymouth its a split one for me Im afraid. My other son was also at Forest. I was at home watching it on the telly and can recall even up to the 80th min we weren`t really concentrating etc, then all hell let loose. I did go to that final.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@billb, I think it may depend on how many have checked in already, so if there is still room on the train, they'll let you on too. It used to be just 30 minutes, and has gradually increased over the years. They are relatively flexible though. and we've been moved onto another train on several occasions on busy days to make sure it departs full.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jafa wrote:
I was a ST from the late 80s Guy Whittingham days to the 12/13 season Fry and his cronies actions killed it for me. Still take AW (Fulham) skiing
Being a non local and my son having played for Weymouth its a split one for me Im afraid. My other son was also at Forest. I was at home watching it on the telly and can recall even up to the 80th min we weren`t really concentrating etc, then all hell let loose. I did go to that final.

I can lend you a chain saw Very Happy

Have been a ST holder in the past, but wasn't sure how many home games I'd miss this year (wanted to do 5 weeks skiing) so didn't bother. As it turns out, all the games I wouldn't have been able to make this season got postponed, and so far I haven't missed any. Will miss Stockport on 23rd though coz won't be back from the EoSB till too late. Been going to most home games and the bigger away games since early 90's - Wozza Patmore and Tony Pennock era.

Anyhow, back on topic - looked on the ET site, and I can re-schedule for free onto the 21:20 chunnel, so I've done that. Fully expecting the queues to clear now, and ET refuse to let me on an earlier crossing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hells Bells, yes, it may well be that the check-in software compares your arrival against a count and decides one way or the other.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been looking at eurotunnel prices for a crossing in August - it's expensive these days, isn't it? Will have to start bashing my Tesco credit card to get some money off. I had planned to fly to Marseille in August and rent a car - daughter has a house swap down there, and other family members in Provence at the same time. But astonishingly the cost of taking a car with just one person compares favourably with flying easyJet and renting a car - the break even point is about a week, and the marginal cost of a second week is nil, if I drive. Especially if it means I drive a bit slower and get optimum fuel consumption. So it'll be my first tunnel crossing for years, and will have to choose the cheapest day (which looks like Sunday). A leisurely road trip through France beckons.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pam w,
Quote:

A leisurely road trip through France beckons

Nice! We used to do an overnight Southampton/Le Havre crossing. A decent night's sleep and in the Vaucluse by teatime (with a proper lunch break.) Or, if not sailing overnight, an overnight stop in perhaps Savigny-les-Beaune or Condrieu. I miss those days in so many ways but, hey, I didn't ski as much then.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm just looking at options for our next trip. I moved the Eurotunnel to July when I couldn't go to EoSB, but can still alter dates again if I want to. I just need to prod hubby again to look at his work calendar, as I can no longer see (for the first time in 30 years) when others are taking annual leave.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pulled the plug early and left early Thursday morning. Arrived at checkin just after 6 and was on train 20 minutes later. Train stuck for about 45 minutes outside Calais due to an issue with the track. Got to Albertville just after 6 after a leisurely drive keeping an eye on the fuel economy. All in all approx 2 hours difference due to A20, train delay and not thrashing it down the autoroute. Lots of GB cars leaving resort this morning maybe hoping to avoid issues on return from Calais. Safe trip everybody hope it’s as relaxed as it can be.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle wrote:

Nice! We used to do an overnight Southampton/Le Havre crossing.

That Southampton Quayside is now a 5 star Hotel!
https://www.harbourhotels.co.uk/southampton
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Didn't get away from Huish till nearly 17:30 because of 12 minutes of added on time due to an Aldershot fan having a funny turn. And we thrashed them 0-2. Still at least it makes a Whymouth relegation more likely. Went up Detling hill to the M2 and then down the B whatnot to Jct10. Arrived spot on 20:30, straight through check-in, and straight onto the 20:50 chunnel. Off the other side by 22:25, and in bed in Saint Quentin just after midnight.

Up again and on the road by 06:30 - Annecy by 12:00 - and on the balcony of L'Oxalys blowing the froth of a quick one by 15:00.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy