Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Recent Experience / Forecasts For Luton Airport This Saturday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got a late easyjet flight Luton to Lyon on Saturday coming. Getting delivered there by family member, but may have to book a bag on Sad Baaed on the Manchester, and other, stories not looking forward to that idea.

Any recent reports / insider knowledge much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to be a very frequent queue'r at Luton Airport back in the day when you could just pull up outside. No charge.

OK, they had their new car park burn down a couple of months ago.
But I can't believe how bad this place is people who are getting dropped off or picked up by family members.

Its a busy time of year but its still a disgrace.

The official way to drop off your loved ones is to take them the mid-term car park where they will be taken by shuttle bus to the terminal.
That's not what happend today.
I drove into the drop off zone and unloaded them and their 70kg of luggage.
They were not allowed to use the shuttle, they had to drag and carry the luggage along the narrow foot path up to the terminal.
Its just under half a mile.

What's the answer?
1) The Luton Airport Dart.
It runs from Luton Airport Parkway station. it costs £5 per adult and £2.50 for child. Bus pass holders can apply for a concesion and ride for free.
This should be a wonderful system. Except that the official drop off car park is gated off still and cannot be used, nobody seems to know why.
There are no legal parking spots close to it, there is a double yellow line restriction along the road there.
The workaround is to drive around to other side of the station where the shuttle bus used to go from and drop off there. There is a twenty minute limit, or you can use the multi story car park there (if you can find a space) if you want to see off your loved ones at departures.

2) local bus going to the airport:
I'm affraid I've got to research this bit more.
There is a bus from Milton Keynes and another local bus, I'll update thsi when I've found out.
Arriva A
MK1
Arriva 100
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
?half a mile from he mid-term car park? I didn't think it was anywhere near that. Whenever we've been dropped at the mid-term carpark we walk by choice - have never bothered to wait for the shuttle bus. We are usually towing a 23kg roller bag each with a rucksack each. It is uphill - but if you aren't fit enough to do that walk you have to ask if you're fit enough to ski? Luton drop off at the terminal is almost as far - and I imagine its even worse now they are pulling down the multi storey.

We got the bus back from Luton to MK last time we used it - we had booked a taxi and asked for it to pick up at the mid-term (it was an option on their app) but the first driver went to the main terminal pickup and refused to come to mid-term to get us and cancelled. The second driver did the same - and said he'd wait for us to walk to the terminal, we asked him to come to the mid-term which he eventually did, but he then increased the price, we got in a strop with each other and he left so we walked back to the terminal and got the bus - should've just done that in the first place - it goes all round the houses through Luton but it was cheap and we got off at MK train station which is a 3 mins taxi ride from home.

We are going from Luton in March and are parking for about £40 for the week - about half the price of taxis both ways, and no worries about the taxi charging a fortune if the flight is late, or if they get stuck in the pickup carpark queue (I once dropped hubby there and the queue to get out was so large that I was in danger of not getting out within the time that is allowed - so that's why we started to use the mid term).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can load and unload in double yellows, but disgraceful as you say
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skimummk, OK ... its 0.4 miles, but it was raining, it was just a p1ssy experience for the family, they were just going home to Zurich with too much luggage.
I notice there is a Bus from MK directly into the terminal, but I'm not sure if its every half hour or hour.
@Frosty the Snowman, We feel fine about a load or unload about 100m from the Dart entry, I get a free ride up with the bus pass as well.

But I'm just about to book the next one from Stansted Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We arrived at Luton on Thursday with a prebooked taxi to pick us up and it was an absolute shambles. It was pouring rain so we decided to take the bus to the mid stay car park but waited 15 min, and then the bus doesn't drop you off anywhere convenient. It just dumped us on the side of a junction. When the bus doors opened everyone just stayed still thinking that couldn't be the right place but then the driver said it was. Luckily our taxi driver pulled up there and waited on double red for us with his hazards on.
I get that the fire a couple of months ago has made things difficult but I don't understand why the airport management can't find a covered area where a bus can can drop people off and taxis can pick up and vice versa.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@marcs44, I think that one of the main problems is the lack of information. The website is way out of date.
They want to monetise every single angle. They see Ryanair and EasyJet do it so they think why not?
The new Dart Shuttle is a brilliant system, but they can't join the dots.
You have to tap in or use your ticket at both ends of the route...
There you are rushing for the check in and you have to fumble in your pockets to find another ticket.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy