Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know the difference

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have recently been looking at a set of twin tip all-mountain skis and have come across the rossignol scratch sprayer BC. I know this is the less hardcore version of the BC but I can't seem to find the difference between two different colours. ONe set are black with BC sprayer on the bottom and the others are white and grey. If you go to the rossignol website. (http://www.rossignol.com) Can someone help as there is a pair on ebay which could be exactly what I'm looking for.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm I don't really understand your question, if I read your post correctly you are asking the difference between the Scratch BC Sprayer (black & white graphics) and the Scratch FS Sprayer (grey & white graphics).

Leaving aside the Scratch Mogul.....

Scratch BC - 128/98/121 - Black with White graphics, red paint splatter - composite core
Scratch Sprayer BC - 120/88/113 - Black with White graphics, no red paint splatter - wood core

Scratch FS - 116/84/109 - Grey with White graphics, hazard tape graphic - composite core
Scratch Sprayer FS - 110/80/103 - Grey with white graphics - no hazard tape graphics - wood core
Scratch Pro - 110/80/103 - Grey with White graphics, hazard tape graphic, wood core (only in 138-148-158 lengths)

But as I've said before, Mojo90's or Volkl Karma's Very Happy - both these are Whistler skis. I can't begin to tell you how many Mojo90's there are in resort. So much so that none of the shops even bother mounting up a pair for demo'ing - they get sold uber quick.

edit: If you are willing to sacrifice a true twin tip for a semi-twin - then the Monster iM88 is really a brilliant ski, for the compromise between on-piste performance (torsional stiffness) and off-piste versatility.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The skis in question I am looking at seem to be a rossignol scratch sprayer BC. On the Uk site they have two different models with identical dimensions, the US site does not seem to have the sprayers in the grey topsheet only in the Black which u mentioned. Is it just a cosmetic difference.
I have spoken to someone recently who has been instructing in whistler the last 2 seasons and has a pair of mojo 90s he warned me that they were quite difficult to work on the piste. As a result of this I have been looking less towards a big mountain ski than b4. The karmas are an option but are quite rare to get cheaply in the UK or on ebay for that matter. I was swayed towards the seth but I just don't know. That huge waist is scaring me a bit. I do definately still want a twin but want something that will behave on the piste without too much work. So I have compiled the following list to check out:

Rossignol scratch BC Sprayer (176) (88mm waist)
Rossignol Scratch BC 176
Saloomon 1080 foil (174)
Salomon 1080 Gun similar length to above
K2 Seth Vicious (179)
Volkl Karma (177)

I really appreciate all your help especially as you have spent alot of time in Whistler yourself.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Rossignol France site (horses mouth so to speak) has all the skis as I've described above, but with different graphics.

At the end of the day, go by the dimensions, and the core construction. This will enable you to find out which ski it really is.

Quote:

instructing in whistler the last 2 seasons and has a pair of mojo 90s he warned me that they were quite difficult to work on the piste.

I've been instructing in Whistler as well, and it all depends on what you mean by "difficult to work" on the piste.
Because they are wider, edge to edge will take much longer. As with any fat ski. Getting the ski up on edge properly will be harder than a narrower ski. No doubt about that.

Besides which look to the skier, not the skis, for flaws in technique NehNeh

I remember having to demonstrate high performance short radius turns on a cold hardpack morning, and I was on my Mojo90's. Very hard work. But do-able. Would have been easier on my iSuperShapes.

But what are you going to Whistler for?
If you are going to have fun & ski recreationally, then this ski is more than adequate. It will more than manage the groomers, powder, off piste, bumps, trees, steeps etc.etc. Anytime there was more than 15cms of fresh snow - the Mojo 90's were my skis for that day. If I knew I was spending the day off piste, on the steeps, in powder, or in trees, then Mojo90's were my skis for the day.

If you are going to Whistler to take CSIA courses, or to work on your technique, then you need a second pair of skis. Yes, you can still improve with Mojo90's, but you will not be able to achieve the same leverage and edging compared with a narrower waisted model.

The Seth V is a great ski, but a bit too much of a one trick pony for me. It's not an all round resort ski. You would struggle in trees.

At the end of the day, there is no true all-round ski, that will perform at it's best on the groomers, as well as everywhere else. To which you've added the proviso that it has to be a twip tip. If you didn't want a twip tip I'd recommend you go for one of the Nordica Hot Rod series.

Twin Tips, in general, have a very soft longitudinal flex, and soft torsional flex. The latter is the most important criteria if you are looking for on-piste performance in a ski. It must be stiff to hold an edge.

If you are looking to keep your skis for a season or more, I'd forget about the Salomons. They just won't last beyond 60-70 days of hard skiing. Unless they are the LAB versions.

So. Back to my choices. The two twin tips that I know off that have good progressive longitudinal flex, and reasonably good torsional stiffness, are the Mojo90's, and the Volkl Karma's.

To give me some leverage advatage this season, I mounted my Mojo90's with a plate. Made all the difference.

To sum up - Get a shortlist of 3. Then you must try them.

Or buy 2 pairs of skis. You really should consider 2+ pairs if you are going for the whole season.

Confused?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Edmundh009 wrote:
The karmas are an option but are quite rare to get cheaply in the UK or on ebay for that matter.

This might be of interest?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah I think I will perhaps add the mojos to my shortlist, if I can get the Scratch sprayer BC for circa £100 then I may get em if not Ill probably go with the karmas or mojos and some Volkl Ac3 or a supersport at around 168. Adding the plate to them is interesting, do you have your mojos mounted forward of centre. I was thinking if I got some I may put them at +2 of the centre mark.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Edmundh009 wrote:
I was thinking if I got some I may put them at +2 of the centre mark.

You can do that if you wish, but check that you're skiing with a wide enough stance. Nothing quite like crossing your tails in bumps. Shocked rolling eyes

(Or straining your thighs trying to keep the tips from submarining in really soft snow)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

do you have your mojos mounted forward of centre.

My first pair 2 seasons ago I mounted them -2cm of the manufacturers mark. This was great in powder, provided you were going fast (big mountain ski turns), but at slow speed I just felt I was riding the tails.

Last season I mounted my new pair on a plate, at the manufacturers mark. This was much better, it made the ski more all-round and versatile.

If you are going to mount them +2 this is the ideal setup for the Park - and ridind switch, and jumping and landing switch. It isn't going to be that great for groomer skiing - you're more than likelt going to be washing the tails out, and not being able to carve/edge properly.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I do tend to clatter the tails about on twin tips, I suppose this suggests I don't adopt a wide enough stance. If I was wanting to spend some time in the park would using a plate still be acceptable or would it be better to go without in these circumstances.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Without plate in the park would be better.

For rails, boxes etc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy