Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portillo Week June

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Henry Schniewind emailed me this, it might be of interest to someone wanting to do something different this summer.

Quote:

Hi David

I’ve just been asked to go to Portillo to work with Dan Egan for a week (17-24 June) coaching,
guiding off-piste etc. So I'm going! Just booked my flight from Lyon. On the off chance that you may
know of anyone interested in coming along (good skiers) there are two places left. Here’s a summary:

- 7 nights ‘slopeside lodging’ at the hotel Portillo, a 4 star hotel, daily breakfast, lunch and
dinner, 6 day lift pass, 6 days coached all-terrain skiing on and off-piste with Dan Egan & Me.
Optional Heli-Skiing.

- Cost: $2,450 USD ( £1,319.83 GBP) not including the flight (it’s £800-£900 for flight).

And here’s a quote on the ski area, “Portillo has beds for only 450 people and the mountain is about
the same size as Snowbird, Utah (12 lifts accessing lots of above tree line skiing). No hurry to get
first tracks - a real great vacation.” Trail map: http://www.andesweb.com/portillomap.html

Dan’s company does all the bookings, http://skiclinics.com email:
info@skiclinics.com or in USA: 1 603 726 9931 Office, 1 603 254 8000
mobile.

This trip will set my dates back about a week or so for coming to the UK. So will be through London
near the beginning of July and Scotland closer to mid-July. I’m moving ahead full force on the ‘HAT
GB Tour for Oct/Nov’ and the clinics too Alec so stay tuned!! Hope you’re all well.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmmmm, tempting. I shall just be back from the Sonar festival in Barcelona so should be able to make it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmmm, ditto.
But £2,119 is beyond my pocket this summer, given that I tried heli-skiing this year (probably a one-off unless I win the Pools. But now I come to think of it I don't do the Pools, so I suppose I'm unlikely to win it).
Also my wife will hardly stand for me leaving her for a fourth week this year to feed my ski-habit.
Still, it is so tempting....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chile can be done much cheaper & I suspect that there's quite a high coaching premium in this. Late June is still pretty early in the season down there as well IIRC. For above the treeline read way above the treeline,while its a beautiful location if the weather socks in you're definitely trapped in the hotel. Still you will get to hang out with world cup stars in summer training.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I didn't know Michael Portillo was Chillean? rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy