Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are the Salomon Warden MNC 13 bindings good and what are some differences?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

You may have read my previous topic about new ski's to buy. I ended up buying the Line Blades (176 cm long, 95 mm underfoot). But now I'm looking for a pair of ski bindings. All the local stores here are sold out because it's the end of the season, so I'll order them online and get them mounted at the store afterwards. I'm planning to only use Alpine skiboots, but I've yet to buy a new pair. They will be mostly used on groomers for carving, but getting into the park and off-piste a bit more as well.

According to the DIN calculators online, the recommended setting for me is around an 8. I'm 72 kg, intermediate/high-intermediate level skier. I figured I would pay a bit extra and go for DIN 13 bindings since I heard they are usually more durable.

I came across these Salomon Warden MNC 13 bindings for only €150. Are these any good? I know that Salomon also has STH and Guardian bindings that are €200 and €250 respectively. However, they have the same specs so I'm not sure what the difference between these would be. Is it a matter of durability/reliability or are there other factors I have to take into account?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have Warden MNC 13s on my Stöckli Stormrider 88s. They're fine, never had an issue.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just bought a pair of Salomon Z12 bindings from Ekosport for 89.99 euros, I had STH12 before without any issues and these are the same drill pattern.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have roughly the same stats as you though normally set my din at 7. Been using Warden 11 MNC for a few years - it’s lighter, cheaper and can’t fault them.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got warden MNC 13 fitted on Atomic Vantage, been skiing on them for about three years. No Issues, which I guess is to say they are perfect.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gixxerniknik wrote:
I've just bought a pair of Salomon Z12 bindings from Ekosport for 89.99 euros, I had STH12 before without any issues and these are the same drill pattern.

I can find those for €100 as well, so I guess that's worth a consider! I really have no clue about the differences between different bindings when they're specced the same.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BertieG wrote:
I have roughly the same stats as you though normally set my din at 7. Been using Warden 11 MNC for a few years - it’s lighter, cheaper and can’t fault them.

Ah yes I was mainly considering the 13's because of better durability, but didn't take weight too much into account. I can find them for €40 less. Is that 200g per binding really a difference maker, though? Especially for stuff in the park for example.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike wrote:
I have Warden MNC 13s on my Stöckli Stormrider 88s. They're fine, never had an issue.

Bob wrote:
I've got warden MNC 13 fitted on Atomic Vantage, been skiing on them for about three years. No Issues, which I guess is to say they are perfect.

Alright, that's good to hear! I'll probably buy this pair then, or perhaps the 11's. Not sure yet.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If your budget stretches to the Warden 13 MNC, get them in the correct brake width for your skis - great bindings for the money.

I’d avoid the Z12 binding wherever possible - nowhere near as durable as the Warden and I have seen a lot of common “flaws” with them. Of course you’ll hear from people that have these bindings and have no issues etc, that’s life. In my opinion, this really is one of those “buy cheap, buy twice” situations whereby you are best buying something else in the first place.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@crosshatch,
I heard that Z series had a problem with the toe binding I think, when they first came out, but that also was a fault with the standard STH, (the STH driver didn't suffer from the same issues). I was hoping that they'd sorted it all now, surely Salomon wouldn't still produce a binding that was known for breaking after, what is it, 9 or 10 years since it first came out?
Still, doesn't really matter as I had to have the same drill pattern and couldn't find a STH12.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
go with the 13's if poss. My Daughter uses the 11's, I prefer mine.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Tipsi, I doubt you need the extra heft of the Warden 13 Vs 11, but this post gives you the info you need to decide.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
crosshatch wrote:
If your budget stretches to the Warden 13 MNC, get them in the correct brake width for your skis - great bindings for the money.

I’d avoid the Z12 binding wherever possible - nowhere near as durable as the Warden and I have seen a lot of common “flaws” with them. Of course you’ll hear from people that have these bindings and have no issues etc, that’s life. In my opinion, this really is one of those “buy cheap, buy twice” situations whereby you are best buying something else in the first place.

Got it, thanks!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy