Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dilemma - Italy Covid Rules

Poster: A snowHead
We are 2 families in theory going to Cervinia 10th April

My family 2 kids under 10 so no Super Green Pass Issues

Other family has 3 kids (1 full vax, 1 is 9, the other is just 12 this week and unvaxxed and thus no super green pass)

Rules from April 1st change I think, so no SGP needed for lifts.

But SGP needed to go in restaurants. Though can sit outside

Other family concerned the 12 year may miss out as not able to go into Restaurtants etc if cold and snowy and also in the evening

On the ground I suspect this is not the case and probably won't even be asked for passport etc.

What to do...??? The other family are being quite conservative about it, if it were me just risk it as just try another restaurant if not allowed in!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were in Venice a few weeks ago and every restaurant checked our Green Passes. Our daughter is 13 and double vaxxed but no booster and her last shot was more than six months ago. She had covid but we couldn't document it properly. Once her pass showed orange, which I'd never heard of, and the other place would not let her eat there because it showed red. (orange may mean, you have one strike...)

In the Dolomites we were fine because she was able to get a PCR test to ski, and we only ate at restaurants on the slopes.

I'd say that if you plan on eating outside, no big deal, but in my experience the restaurants are serious about checking green passes for eating inside.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Pasigal, thanks for the info.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It may be too late to be useful for your dilemma, but I'll be in Cervinia on April 2nd, so remind me then and I'll let you know how they're applying the rules. Hopefully the April 1st change will be a big unwinding of the rules though, and you'd hope that they'd need to signal their intent a few days before that?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@garyyb Thanks and would be great to know but a decision needed in the next week as they have a back up booking in Nendaz which is free cancellation until 1 April!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look at the Latest travel rules for Italy thread. I seem to remember a few people reporting that they were rarely asked for the SGP in restaurants.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We just got back from skiing in different resorts in Aosta valley. My son is double vaxxed but during our trip it passed 6months since he got the last shot. Then all checks on restaurants start to show as orange when they checked he's SGP. On every restaurant as well as every morning in the gondolas they controlled the SGP, but the biggest issue was actually at the airport on the way back -has to show the SGP and when it turned out orange for him -it turned out to be a slight discussion on him checking in. Anyway we sorted it out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We spent a week in Cervinia in mid-Feb with zero checking of SGP in mountain restaurants. Don’t know about in town in the evenings.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@norris, just back Sunday. Not a green pass checked anywhere except at the pre flight hotel at Torino airport coming home
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
twoodwar wrote:
@norris, just back from Cervinia Sunday. Not a green pass checked anywhere except at the pre flight hotel at Torino airport coming home
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Doh!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Aaaahhhh
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sadly our friend's have cancelled..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How easy is it to download the SGP? I heard the NHS app pass is ok instead? Only issue is we’re travelling with two 15 year olds (both double jabbed) but Scotland so they don’t have the pass, only a vaccination certificate. Thanks.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@RosieL, nhs pass is the green pass
snow conditions
Ok thanks. Good for us adults but the 15 year olds don’t have them in Scotland only 16 plus. What to do for them?
latest report
@RosieL, if you have the NHS Vax record with a QR then that is fine because you can generate a QR and save it to the phone. The Scottish app doesn't allow you to save it.

I found my printed QR was no use and wouldn't scan but I used an app to grab it from my laptop screen and used that for 2 weeks in Italy in Feb.

Let me know if you need more details.
ski holidays
RosieL wrote:
How easy is it to download the SGP? I heard the NHS app pass is ok instead? Only issue is we’re travelling with two 15 year olds (both double jabbed) but Scotland so they don’t have the pass, only a vaccination certificate. Thanks.

While the NHS app is Ok, I found the EU Green Pass easier to use on my recent trip to Italy (and it does not need an internet connection to work)

https://greenpassapp.eu/

App will also scan a QR code to check if it is valid..
ski holidays
NHS app now alos allows to send to Google Wallet which produces a copy that you don;t need an internet connection for
latest report
Thanks! I will have a look at the green pass app. Hopefully the kids can use that. We’ve got Scottish vaccination certificates with QR codes for the kids just not the app.
ski holidays
RosieL wrote:
Thanks! I will have a look at the green pass app. Hopefully the kids can use that. We’ve got Scottish vaccination certificates with QR codes for the kids just not the app.
The official Italian app for scanning QR codes to verify the SGP is VerificaC19. If you download it from the App Store, you can test whether your kids' QR codes will scan and confirm the right result. You need to select R-RAFFORZATA in the drop down menu, then Scansiona Il QR Code.
snow report
Thanks all. I managed to screenshot my NHS app QR

code and uploaded it. This is what the Greenpass is now showing. Is this ok? (Obviously without the scribbles!)
latest report
Yep - that is fine : 3/3 is your booster

==edit==

Bear in mind that you can use the app to check the Codes yourself ; it will also store more than one code, so the whole family can be on it..
snow report
When checked will they accept 2 x kids certs on my SGP app or do they have to have their own?

Do they accept a pdf print out?
ski holidays
Hi, this is my first post but I’ve just got back from Cervina. We flew out from Manchester with Ryanair to Milan and back from Turino with Jet2. I was also concerned going to Italy with all the green pass super green pass etc. but speaking from experience my wife and myself didn’t get asked once to show our covid pass, in the airports, ski lifts or any restaurant. We had to put on a mask to use a couple of the bubble lifts and entering some restaurants but that was it.
ski holidays
@RosieL, the only thing to watch out for is that the nhs code expires 30 days (I think) after you generate it, so generate a new one closer to your travel date and repeat the screenshot and upload.
latest report
@Gaz_H, Pdf's are fine. I took paper copies as well as using the apps..!
The GreenPassapp ( https://greenpassapp.eu/ ) will store the codes for several people

==== Rules are due to change or be reviewed on the 31st of March =====
ski holidays
@albob, cheers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Italy has extended its current Covid rules until the 30th of April (at least I can't see any changes..)
latest report
https://www.thelocal.it/20220331/how-do-italys-covid-rules-change-in-april/

There have been some changes - and indeed the green pass scanners were gone from the ski lifts in Pila this morning.
snow conditions
@ElzP, I should have add 'no changes to entry requirements'
snow report
@albob, ah, sorry - i misunderstood. Smile
snow report
@ElzP, snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy