Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Bruyeres to croisette for ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to ski from Les Bruyeres directly to Croisette for ski school meet point at 9am?

From the piste map it looks like you can, but wanted to check before I book.

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Following- would also like to know this as have been looking at Les menuires for next year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't blame either of you - I went to the 3V in Feb, stayed in La Tania - the Les Men/St Martin/VT valley was by far my favourite bit yet again and I was once again underwhelmed by Meribel and wondering what all the fuss about Courch is all about
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't believe so.

Here is the station plan.

I've stayed in l'Adonis (Bruyerres) years ago and Lac de Lou (Croisette) in 2019 and my recollection was I could go out the back door of Adonis and down to the Bruyerres cable car was easy enough or traversing across to the Sunny Express but it wasn't very far and getting further across the hill was not really possible on skis.

You can see there is a green piste goes from the bottom of Sunny but that just takes you down to the Masse lift.

Some discussion on logistics half way down here:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4939179&highlight=menuires+ski+school#4939179

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 29-03-22 22:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if you take the green run from bruyeres to the bottom of la masse lift there is a pedestrian lift (croisette open gondola) that takes you to the croisette area, you arrive near the lift pass office and then a short walk to the ski school meeting areas
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Perfect - thank you. So if we leave the chalet at 8.30am sounds doable to get there for 9am lesson.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As @Layne says, I don't think it is possible to ski directly there - you either need to take the route @terrygasson, suggests, or go up one of the lifts from Bruyeres then ski down.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Croisette pedestrian lift is scheduled to open at 0855 daily which may not meet your ski school schedule. The free bus shuttle from Bruyeres to La Croisette is another option. They run every 20 minutes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah Duster, you're right! May have to take a chance on ESF then and hope they get nice teachers!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We tried this about 5 years ago and it was a bit stressful. Lifts dont open early enough really to get up to the croisette. Ski school were understanding and arranged to meet on the mountain around 9.15 but it wasn’t great

Since then we’ve stayed in the Preyerand area which is much easier to get up in time, either walking, on the bus or via the pedestrian gondola which opens early

We’ve stayed at Les Clarines a few times which was good

https://www.cgh-residences.com/hiver/residences/les-clarines-12
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi JONR - thanks for sharing your experience - helpful to know. We have already booked a chalet in Les Bruyeres so I'll book ESF as they are the only ski school I can see which meet at LB. Think that's preferable to getting in the bus each morning.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy