Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France/Switzerland Entry with only 1 jab and recovery??

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been posted before but can find two conflicting answers to my query so wondering if anyone had actual experience…. Anyways 3 of us have flights booked for a late April ski trip to France via Geneva. One of the guys was booked for his first jab in January but then got covid and had to wait for 28 days which means he can’t now get the 2nd jab in time to be ‘fully vaccinated’. However, some websites seem to suggest having 1 jab abd covid recovery cert counts as fully vaccinated but some just state you need 2 approved vaccines. Driving me mad trying to get clarity, anyone have the answer??

Thanks

FT
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This would imply that he will be ok if

"You are considered recovered if you can prove your COVID-19 disease with evidence from a positive PCR test or a positive rapid antigen test. The validity starts from the 11th day after the positive test result and lasts 180 days from the test result."

https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Ster, I can’t find that info from the link but if that’s correct that gets us into Geneva but still unclear as to whether France is ok? So frustrating how confusing the info is! I can’t find anything in the French sites Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Fast_ted, Its a status check tool for entry into Switzerland , follow the steps. and enter the guys info. You’ll get there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also this conflicting info on the uk gov site…

If you’ve had COVID-19 in the past year
If you are not fully vaccinated but have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last year you must follow the rules for unvaccinated travellers to enter Switzerland.

Driving me mad!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Fast_ted, the UK gov site is not always to be trusted, but indeed the Swiss check tool is indicative and does not guarantee entry. Your guy really should have got vaccinated a lot early, not just before he needed it for travel! Would have saved all this hassle and worry.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Ster still can’t get it. Maybe because I’m trying it on my phone?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tell me about it, always excused he didn’t have time, would have saved a lot of hassle!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Odd, it works on my phone.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have the same question. I'm double jabbed and have a recovery from after my second jab, but this would apparently NOT be OK in France. Or have I got this wrong?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My 12 year old is in the same position. We’re going to France for Easter and if I scan his recovery qr code into the French TAC Verif app I get a green tick on border mode. Some websites state a antigen request is needed to enter France. I’m planning to get that to be on the safe side, unless I see anything official to the contrary.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Tell me about it, always excused he didn’t have time, would have saved a lot of hassle!

Sounds like he's left the hassle to you, @Fast_ted. I'd politely suggest he did his own research!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pam, you are right but I like to know for myself so still eats away at me! Some form of OTC... Looking at Eurotunnel/Air France website it suggests covid and 1 jab is ok but have asked him to call the number on the French Ministry site to make extra sure. Got the link posted by Ster to work this morning so Switzerland looks ok (we only have flights to GVA at the moment so this is potentially a backup option).

@joffy69 - not what I have been looking at but haven't seen anything to suggest that unless you have had covid within 14 days of travel, then I think it's a no go. Otherwise if double jabbed you should be ok from what I understand...?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Sounds like he's left the hassle to you, @Fast_ted. I'd politely suggest he did his own research!

And bear the consequences should there be any.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the reply. I'm no closer to understanding.
This from https://www.gouvernement.fr/actualite/le-pass-vaccinal-mode-d-emploi,
Quote:
January 15 deadline

Since February 15, 2022, all people over the age of 18 and one month must have taken their booster dose no later than four months after their last injection1 to keep their valid vaccination certificate in the "vaccination pass". People are eligible from three months after their last injection and therefore have one month to make their recall. Beyond these deadlines, their old vaccination certificate is considered to have expired and is no longer valid. Nevertheless, the “vaccination pass” can be reactivated once the person has done their vaccination reminder. People aged 16 to 17 do not have to do their booster to keep their "vaccination pass", even if the booster is open to them.

How soon should the reminder be done to continue to have a valid vaccination certificate in the "vaccination pass"?

If I received two doses of vaccine, I must do my booster no later than four months after my second injection. Thus, a 30-year-old person who had their last dose of vaccine before October 15, 2021 must have had their booster shot by February 15, 2022 to obtain a new valid vaccination certificate.

If I had Covid-19 and then received a single dose of vaccine (AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna), I must do my booster no later than four months after my injection.

If I received a dose of vaccine (AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna or Janssen) and I had Covid-19 more than 15 days after the injection, I must do my booster no later than four months after my infection , which is the duration of the certificate of reinstatement.
If I had Covid-19 and then received a dose of Janssen after my infection, I must do my booster no later than two months after my injection. If I am not yet eligible for the booster dose, my vaccination certificate for the initial vaccination schedule (single dose or two doses) remains valid ( find out when to give my booster dose ).

What if I had Covid-19 after my initial vaccination schedule and my certificate of recovery is about to expire?

If I tested positive more than three months after my initial vaccination schedule (single dose or two doses), I do not need to do a booster dose. I benefit from a certificate of recovery of unlimited duration, allowing me to extend the validity of my "vaccination pass". However, if I wish to travel to a country where the booster dose is mandatory, I can do my booster dose as early as three months after my infection in order to have a valid vaccination certificate.

I tested positive after my two dose initial vaccination, but less than 3 months after. Do I need a booster or not? Puzzled
Have I got my chit signed. Dibble has said that on reflection, my younger brother smells, but I've already moved his coat to the lower peg.

I'm reminded of this
http://youtube.com/v/yKg7IinlUfI
[youtube]yKg7IinlUfI[/youtube]

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 22-03-22 22:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
I think I've worked out that I'm good to go. I've gone into the nhs app and renewed my nhs certificate, that shows recovery. I've then imported it into the french app, and the french app now shows validity up to 29th May 2022.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy