Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet > Genava NON Vaccinated

Poster: A snowHead
EasyJet website is confusing the f*ck out of me.

On their covid travel hub, they state clearly non vaccinated people can enter Switzerland

However Gov.uk says otherwise and so does the https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home

They are both a big NO. I have been basing my 21 year old daughter coming on holiday with us based on EJ, but looks like she can't fly with the rest of us on Sunday. The Swiss did allow you in with a PCR at some point

She is unvaccinated - just doesn't want it.

Has anyone been in a similar position going through Geneva and have actual experience of what is going on, on the ground?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
there are certain exemptions that allow the un-vaccinated to enter, but if she doesn't meet one of those, then you are correct its no. Just being a general UK tourist doesn't get you in. If she were EU national no problem, good old Boris / brexit.

"Travellers who are not fully vaccinated are only eligible to enter Switzerland from the UK if they are:

Swiss or Liechtenstein nationals;
EU or EFTA nationals;
holders of the following documents:

a residence permit, i.e. a Swiss residence permit (L / B / C / Ci permits);
a cross-border permit (G permit);
an FDFA legitimation card;
a D visa issued by Switzerland;
confirmation of notification for the cross-border provision of services up to 90 days;
a ‘laissez passer’ issued by the Swiss Embassy in situations of special necessity"
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
interpaul wrote:

I'm trying very hard to resist being a keyboard warrior rolling eyes

Sorry no help to your question
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Garfield wrote:
interpaul wrote:

I'm trying very hard to resist being a keyboard warrior rolling eyes

Sorry no help to your question

The rest of our family are vaccinated, both her brothers are as well.

It is her choice, we respect that and so should you!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@interpaul, We all make choices, and there are consequences for those choices. I have to say I have little sympathy.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
One might suggest that a 21 year old making her own adult decisions needs to be accountable for the consequences of them. Which in this case is probably no-go.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
zikomo wrote:
@interpaul, We all make choices, and there are consequences for those choices. I have to say I have little sympathy.

I didn't ask for keyboard warriors opinions of whether people should be vaccinated or not and the merits of travel for those who are not vaccinated. I have asked a simple questions if anyone has had experience on this situation. The EJ website IS misleading.

My daughter has ALREADY had covid in 2021 and survived without any issues. Her older brother has had it twice when he was unvaccinated, my wife and I have just recovered from it and we are boosted.

Get over Covid, it is here to stay.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
According to this Swiss gov tool https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check she can't enter. Seems like they just don't want the unvaxxed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought'd they had dropped the vaccination requirement.. ?

Quote:

The decision was announced by the Swiss Federal Council in a press release issued on February 16, pointing out that the new travel rules and other facilitated measures in the country would come into effect on the following day, on February 17.

“Health-related measures for persons entering the country are to be lifted. It will no longer be necessary to provide proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test or complete an entry form,” the Council announces.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Listening wrote:
According to this Swiss gov tool https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check she can't enter. Seems like they just don't want the unvaxxed

Correct thanks, I have used that already.

EJ site is the issue for me, as I stupidly based travel plans based on the carrier we are using.

She can hopefully come next year once the Covid vigilantes have calmed down.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

If she were EU national no problem, good old Boris / brexit.

Equally if she was vaccinated no problem. It's less to do with Brexit and more to do with her personal choice not to have the vaccine. If she doesn't want to take the vaccine then fine, but she has to accept that by choosing not to have it, she's also choosing to be excluded from lots of other countries. If she accepts that then so be it, but if she is one of these eat their cake and have it too types then she needs to grow up and learn to accept that her choices have consequences.

It's always best to check the entry requirements on the FCO site and/or the country you're going to's government site, and go off that, as the airlines can sometimes be out of date or just get it wrong, the official sources are much more reliable
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
From the EJ website:

Please note – our map info is regularly updated, but it’s simply a guide. It’s your responsibility to check local government sites and comply with the latest entry requirements before travel.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
paulo wrote:
I thought'd they had dropped the vaccination requirement.. ?

Quote:

The decision was announced by the Swiss Federal Council in a press release issued on February 16, pointing out that the new travel rules and other facilitated measures in the country would come into effect on the following day, on February 17.

“Health-related measures for persons entering the country are to be lifted. It will no longer be necessary to provide proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test or complete an entry form,” the Council announces.

Yes that is correct, but only for Fully Vaccinated people. You could actually travel to Switzerland with a positive test, as long as you have have the Covid passport to prove you are vaccinated you would still get in.

How f*cked up is that?

I have just tested negative today after coming down the with Covid last week, fly on Sunday but as I have the full vaxxed status I get in - mental.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@paulo, dropped for all EU countries / and those considered not high risk. UK isnt on that "non high risk" list so its vaccinated people only unless you have special circumstances.

always look at gov.uk and appropriate countries government / health serive websites. there are loads of "3rd party" websites that are woefully out of date as they don't update with changes.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
interpaul wrote:
zikomo wrote:

I didn't ask for keyboard warriors opinions of whether people should be vaccinated or not and the merits of travel for those who are not vaccinated. I have asked a simple questions if anyone has had experience on this situation. The EJ website IS misleading.

My daughter has ALREADY had covid in 2021 and survived without any issues. Her older brother has had it twice when he was unvaccinated, my wife and I have just recovered from it and we are boosted.

How is that being a keyboard warrior exactly? A simple statement of fact. And the information on entry to Switzerland is easy to find, and clear. It is your responsibility to know what the requirements are, and basing travel plans on EasyJet website and nothing else was foolhardy at the least and wishful thinking at the worst.
ski holidays
The source pages for entry conditions to Switzerland are
As mentioned, on quick inspection, for a UK adult [>18] you need to be fully vaccinated.

Note that these pages explicitly defer to the airline as the final arbiter of whether you are allowed to travel. On the principle that they may choose to exercise stricter conditions, given they have the liability for repatriation if entry is refused.

It's certainly unfortunate that were we still in the EU, this restriction would not apply. But as we're not, the agreements between EU states over common basic health measures are not in place, and so stricter rules are applied. It seems entirely consistent and logical. Of course, it's ironic is that Switzerland isn't even in the EU - it just has a series of Reciprocal Agreements with the EU which streamline trade and travel, including some covering health standards. The UK has decided similar agreements are not worth the corresponding concessions - this is part of the fallout.
ski holidays
zikomo wrote:
interpaul wrote:
zikomo wrote:

How is that being a keyboard warrior exactly? A simple statement of fact. And the information on entry to Switzerland is easy to find, and clear. It is your responsibility to know what the requirements are, and basing travel plans on EasyJet website and nothing else was foolhardy at the least and wishful thinking at the worst.

I did already thanks, read the Gov site and Swiss travel checker last week and was aware of the situation. I will reiterate, I wanted to know peoples experiences on the ground as EJ contradicts that. I have heard that some people do not even get checked in Geneva.

The fact you state you have 'little sympathy' makes you a keyboard warrior, giving your opinions on another persons choices that have nothing to do with you.
snow report
Quote:

My daughter has ALREADY had covid in 2021

Just wondering is it less than 6 months ago and did she get a covid recovery certificate?
latest report
I've not been checked on arrival at Geneva BUT i have been checked every time recently before getting on the plane (or as per this morning, when dropping bags). It's highly unlikely she'd not be checked by Easyjet before boarding - and if she is checked, she would not currently be allowed to board under current rules.
snow report
@interpaul, This is nonsense. You came to a public forum stating your daughter has chosen to not get vaccinated (just didn't want to). I did not bring the subject up, you did. You are clearly aware that non-vaccinated are not allowed to enter Switzerland from the UK, yet you pose the question about EasyJet's policy being different and then have a bit of a rant about it being wrong. EJ is not responsible for entry criteria for Switzerland.

It looks to me that what you want to hear is your daughter's vaccine status will probably not be checked by either easyJet or the Swiss authorities. Suggesting that in that case you would give it a go, ignore the rules, and hope to get away with it. The fact is there is some chance of her not being checked but no way to be sure of anything, other than it would be dishonest to ignore the rules and the fact that you are even considering it means you do not think choices should or do have any consequences.

An adult chose not the get vaccinated. Frankly that is her choice, but I and many others are perfectly entitled to think it is a selfish and irresponsible one. You and your daughter are not the only ones who are allowed to have an opinion. There are consequences, including not being allowed to enter Switzerland at this time, and rather than trying to wheedle out of them you should all be mature enough to accept my original point. I continue to have no sympathy at all with your plight, it is entirely self-inflicted. The rules are clear and you well know what they are.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 10-03-22 18:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
McC4rt4n wrote:
Quote:

My daughter has ALREADY had covid in 2021

Just wondering is it less than 6 months ago and did she get a covid recovery certificate?

Unfortunately she had it last June, we already considered that thanks.

The Swiss rules only allow vaccinated tourists to enter.

Which is mad, as I could flown there last weekend with full blown Covid and spread it to half the plane, but still gained entry as I have three vaccinations Razz
ski holidays
@interpaul, what did you expect by posting this here? That someone would waive a magic wand that said no it's fine for her to go? Though I have had vax because I believe they are the right thing to do both personally and societally it was also obvious to me that people who could prove their vax status were going to get to do more stuff more quickly coming out of Covid.

I've just been in Canada - no entry to ski lifts, bars, restaurants or hockey games without vax certificate and matching ID. My sympathies re you not being able to have the planned family holiday but that's just adults making their own decisions not anyone else's fault.

My experience of flying EJ to Austria is that the queue agents have a detailed list of requirements for each country and will check you off against that before passing you for travel. Your daughter may want to chance it but the fact that EJ's website is incomplete won't be much of an argument.
latest report
zikomo wrote:
@interpaul, This is nonsense. You came to a public forum stating your daughter has chosen to not get vaccinated (just didn't want to). I did not bring the subject up, you did. You are clearly aware that non-vaccinated are not allowed to enter Switzerland from the UK, yet you pose the question about EasyJet's policy being different and then have a bit of a rant about it being wrong. EJ is not responsible for entry criteria for Switzerland.

It looks to me that what you want to hear is your daughter's vaccine status will probably not be checked by either easyJet or the Swiss authorities. Suggesting that in that case you would give it a go, ignore the rules, and hope to get away with it. The fact is there is some chance of her not being checked but no way to be sure of anything, other than it would be dishonest to ignore the rules and the fact that you are even considering it means you do not think choices should or do have any consequences.

An adult chose not the get vaccinated. Frankly that is her choice, but I and many others are perfectly entitled to think it is a selfish and irresponsible one. You and your daughter are not the only ones who are allowed to have an opinion. There are consequences, including not being allowed to enter Switzerland at this time, and rather than trying to wheedle out of them you should all be mature enough to accept my original point. I continue to have no sympathy at all with your plight, it is entirely self-inflicted. The rules are clear and you well know what they are.

Sounds like you have spat something out the pram?
snow report
@interpaul, Are you transiting through geneva? is there an option for negative pcr?
snow report
interpaul wrote:
giving your opinions on another persons choices that have nothing to do with you.

Vaccination is partly a personal measure and partly a communal measure. Everyone's vaccination choices 'have something to do with' everyone else in that person's community.
snow conditions
Quote:

Your daughter may want to chance it but the fact that EJ's website is incomplete won't be much of an argument.

The worst case would be if EJ don't check, but the Swiss border guards do, in which case she'd be arrested for trying to illegally enter Switzerland.
ski holidays
zaphod424 wrote:
Quote:

Your daughter may want to chance it but the fact that EJ's website is incomplete won't be much of an argument.

The worst case would be if EJ don't check, but the Swiss border guards do, in which case she'd be arrested for trying to illegally enter Switzerland.

Plus EJ will then try to charge her whatever they want for the repat flight possibly after a night in an airport cell.....
latest report
@zikomo I wonder where she gets her selfish and entitled attitude from.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There have been dozens of comments on various threads of people complaining they were incorrectly not allowed to travel because EJ (and other airlines) websites were not up to speed on the various changes to the rules of other countries.

The simple advice is to never trust the info on the airline website. Always refer to the govt website of the Country you are visiting. (Even these can be slow to be updated). As some have found, even showing Govt. sites and having printouts of the latest information has not always been sufficient to be allowed to board

At risk of also being labelled a "keyboard warrior", the decision to allow unvaccinated travelers into any Country rest with that Country. Many have also applied restrictions to the time limit from last vaccination, and insisted on boosters. Personally, I don't have any problem with this. In fact, I believe that the UK should have had similar rules.

People who choose not to be vaccinated therefore have to accept the restrictions to travel that, not only apply now, but are highly likely to apply for the next couple of years.

Just because the last variant of Covid 19 was relatively benign, allowing life to return more to normal in most countries with highish levels of fully vaccinated doesn't mean that the next one won't put us back to square one. The risk of a vaccine avoiding variant developing will remain until the entire World was been vaccinated. That is likely to be a couple of years at least.

Expect restrictions for unvaccinated to remain in place for a considerable time yet.
latest report
We had two unvaccinated travelling with us to Geneva last Sunday rolling eyes and through to France. They had no issues.
EasyJet asked where we were flying whilst checking in bags. As we were going to Geneva no vaccine pass was asked for.
snow report
It’s up to the Swiss who they let into their country. In my experience they couldn’t be further from “covid vigilantes”. We’re only able to travel and ski this year because most of us have had our vaccinations. Sorry your daughter can’t take advantage of everyone else’s compliance to enjoy a skiing holiday but that’s life. As pointed out above it’s a good lesson in growing up, that adult decisions have consequences.
snow conditions
Thanks for all your opinions.

Yes there are rules, but they are inconsistent. How can a school aged child travel with their parents on their covid passport and be ok. That age group is where the virus is currently being spread.

Swiss covid rates are exploding since they removed the need for masks and testing, we would be more at risk going there and catching it. But wait, I have just had Covid and currently on day 10 meaning I am free to leave the house again (I live in Edinburgh so we still have 'rules'), but a PCR would show positive and my lat flows still show a slight line.

But I am vaxxed so can enter CH - I am not breaking any rules but technically I still have covid.

It is time to remove all the Covid rules and for the Covid vigilantes to stand down.
latest report
Grantley1988 wrote:
We had two unvaccinated travelling with us to Geneva last Sunday rolling eyes and through to France. They had no issues.
EasyJet asked where we were flying whilst checking in bags. As we were going to Geneva no vaccine pass was asked for.

Thank you, this is what I was asking for - someone who has actual experience of the situation.

She can't travel though, the rules are wrong though.
snow report
interpaul wrote:
Swiss covid rates are exploding since they removed the need for masks and testing,

I think you defeated your own arguement. If anything, the above comment suggests restrictions should be reinstated.
snow conditions
@interpaul, I'd suggest you lobby all govts to get them to align to your POV rather than subject us to your soapbox. It would be more productive.

You could travel to CH while still actively infectious of course but that would be wrong ethically and morally to do that on a public mode of transport. Just as it is wrong to hope to exploit some flaws in the network of checks to get someone into somewhere they have chosen by their own actions not to be allowed.
snow report
@interpaul, No point telling Snowheads that the rules are wrong. It's the Swiss government that you need to tell and, frankly they probably don't care about your opinion. Their country and their rules ...so abide by them or don't go.
snow conditions
@interpaul, so you want to find a way if your daughter to circumvent the rules for entering Switzerland. Teaching her that dishonesty, illegality and not taking responsibility for the choices you make as an adult are the way to go. And you are happy to travel on a plane yourself when you know you are infectious. If that is not selfish and irresponsible I don’t know what is.
snow report
interpaul wrote:
Grantley1988 wrote:

Thank you, this is what I was asking for - someone who has actual experience of the situation.

She can't travel though, the rules are wrong though.

I would suggest that Grantley was lucky -- the Swiss regulations are clear = No vaccination, no entry (even if you are transiting to another country..)

France requires the unvaccinated, from Orange list countries, to supply a 'compelling reason' to enter (tourism is not one of them !)
snow conditions
Looks like the OP has flounced off as he did not get the answer (or the support) that he expected. I still have zero sympathy.

@andyrew, I commend you and your comments. But right now is as good a time as any to risk it. Currently circulating variant is no more deadly to the vaccinated than the flu. But I would caution that there are still a small minority who refuse to behave responsibly (my flight back from Milan was full of people wearing a chin nappy). But we tested thoroughly and regularly and none of the 6 of my family caught Covid on our skiing holiday.
ski holidays
Pretty sure I picked up Covid on flight out, but only realised it when I came back and tested. Anecdotally a lot of people that I know of who have returned from the Alps have tested positive on their return. I am extremely grateful that I have been vaccinated.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy