Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing condition mid/late April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to fit in a last minute ski trip either the second last or the last week of April. I have never skied this late in the season before so am wondering what the skiing condition is like (is there even going to be any snow left Puzzled ?!) I'm thinking of either Val D'Isere or Lake Tahoe, CA (I've got a Tahoe pass for the season there). Thanks Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skied at Easter for 15 years (with the exception of last year). Always had fun, always been snow, albeit sometimes you are skiing on a white ski road surrounded by green fields (at low altitude return to resorts). You will have no problems in Val disere, lots of altitude lots of snow making.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can not say the same for Christmas skiing....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks - just started looking. Sadly there's no more bus transfer from Geneva Airport to Tignes/Val d'Isere from 16 April...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Sadly there's no more bus transfer from Geneva Airport to Tignes/Val d'Isere from 16 April...
That's incorrect euanovsky - Ben's Bus is running from/to Geneva until 23rd April.

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can be the very best time of the year. Wouldn’t be surprised if there is lots of late snow this year given how dry the back end has been.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mountainaddict, thanks you are right. For some reasons I didn't see that yesterday but can see that now Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@euanovsky, Tahoe areas have announced their revised closing dates:

Heavenly: April 24
Palisades & Mammoth: I couldn't divine the date but they are selling tix up to May 30th
Kirkwood: May 1

I do think May 30th is optimistic btw.

Spring skiing in Tahoe can't be beat. I like glacier skiing, but real skiing using most of the entire area is even better. Also helpful to have trees in case you get unlucky with weather. I was there last mid-April for closing weekends at K and H....plenty of fun, enough to return this year on April 17-20. Holler if you go.

OP has a pass, but for others: Ikon will let you ski this season at a few areas (including Mammoth and Palisades) if you buy now, which would be a slick way to get a cheap Tahoe trip done this year.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@euanovsky, https://snow-drone.com/ the best company for transfers to Val/Tignes, and they keep going to the end of the season and beyond
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scooter in Seattle, thanks - I did spend quite a lot of time researching on flights + car rental combo. The week I'm looking to come coincides with the Easter weekend. Flights + car rental combo (e.g. from SFO, SMR or RNO) are just a bit too much even allowing for the fact I have an epic pass...

On a separate note if you are in Seattle have you been to Stevens Pass? That's the only big epic resort I haven't yet been so may consider that in the near future!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@euanovsky, sadly Stevens Pass is ground zero for the hatred that Vail Resorts has created for themselves. This isn't a jaded local whining--I don't really care for Stevens so I'm not affected--but it is almost like they were trying to drive people away for a while. Their main problem is shared by all ski resorts this season: not enough workers. But Stevens asked for it, with woefully inadequate worker housing and transport, so they couldn't get enough people to run more than a couple lifts at times. They finally brought in a former GM of the place, a well-liked and effective dude. VR has apologized, sort of. As for anyone going there, it is a small local hill with antiquated lifts and its own cloud. Decent terrain but short runs. Backside is ok if you are lucky. If you or anyone were in Seattle, I'd send you to Crystal Mtn, the best area in the state by a massive margin. Good luck, hope you can find a deal somehow.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy