Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pit stop strategies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So with the F1 season just around the corner I have been considering pit stop strategies for my overnight dash to the French Alps. It's looking like a 3 stopper, hopefully with no tyre changes required and hope no safety cars....

With current petrol prices I am even more begrudging to pay autoroute petrol prices. So, any good recommendations for off motorway fuel open 24hours? Rheims Tinquex Carrefour is almost an annual stop of reliable "cheap" fuel on my way back....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fuel prices varied a lot last weekend, my guess was that they reflected the price when the last tanker load was delivered. Some autoroute stops were cheaper than supermarkets.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The E.Leclerc at Reims-Champfleury just off the autoroute Jct.23 offers the usual discounted hypermarket prices. Here's today's (17.3.22):

B7/Gazole - 1.995€
E5/SP98 - 2.039€
E10/SP95 - 1.939€
E85 - 0.899€

Here's the page listing the current prices. Champfleury is about 270Kms south of Calais.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If we want to fill up after getting over the Channel - Carrefour Market, 2 Route de Saint-Omer, 62100 CALAIS

We also use the same one as LaForet.

Then we have used the Intermarche just of 31.2 on the A6 near Villefranche.

Also fill up at the supermarkets just off the motorway at Chambery or Albertville.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When we overnight at the Val Moret hotel - passim often in these fine S'head pages - I pop into Bar sur Seine, about 8 km, which has at least 2 24/7 card machine petrol stations (including an Eric Leclerc). We don't lose any time, and is far enough away from main routes to get sensible prices.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great link on fuel prices and some good suggestions in there! What's your theories on exiting a paid section of autoroute for fuel? Always have a feeling you get a "bulk" discount on doing the mileage in one hit rather than breaking it down into smaller sections by hopping off?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Skiyeah, that was asked recently and I don't think it makes any odds.

Certainly when I added up the tolls recently it was almost the same both ways even though we exited at different places.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Skiyeah, would agree with @Layne re: popping on and off the Autoroute to get fuel. We've just returned today and found fuel in St Quentin at Intermarche at similar prices quoted for the Rheims LeClerc.

We travel down from N Yorks, so can get to the Tunnel on a tank, then fill up at a Supermarket near Calais, then maybe somewhere further south - there is a mythical LeClerc services we found on the A39 (I think....) which had supermarket prices.

We found the free satnav App Waze was helpful as the 'community' update prices so we used that to sniff out bargains.

Good luck. Cruise control and a light right foot are your friend.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy