Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sold boots from 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I got my boots fitted at Solutions4feet two days. They were my first ski boots.

I found out today that they are boots from 2019 and they were sold to me at full price. Is this considered normal? I thought ski boots from last season's would at least be on discount.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think S4F are transparent that they will sell you the boots that are best for your feet and your ski needs not whatever is this season's model. Plus they don't I'm aware need to discount to clear stock because what they sell is a fit. They were probably cheaper than a 22 boot anyway due to lower RRP. Most year on year change is often cosmetics ony anyway.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I see. I thought they just sold me old boots to clear their stock. The boots fit perfectly, so I'm a happy man Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Onlypepe, the owner of S4F posts on here (username CEM). He will probably see the post and reply anyhow but you can always send him a PM (Private Message) via the link top right.

I am surprised he has boots from 2019 in stock as he has good turnover and would have though he would clear out of older boots. How do you know they are from 2019?

That said boots don't progress at a rate of knots so there will be nothing wrong with 2019 boots and if S4F/CEM fitted and sold them to you then trust me they will serve you well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All this Happy be smiley be happy CEM knows what’s good for you Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Onlypepe - welcome to Snowheads

As others have said, @CEM (the owner of Solutions 4 Feet ) posts on here, so I won't try and speak for him, but will share my recent, and maybe irrelevant, experience of buying snowboard boots in Whistler. Bear with me...

Long story short-ish, after trying on numerous pairs in numerous shops, I settled on some Vans Aura Pros in Showcase, having done a quick online price comparison and content I wasn't paying massively over the odds (but accepting that buying in-resort / in-store might come with a slight premium).

It was only when I got back to my accommodation that I realised my boots were "last season's" model. As far as I could tell though, the only difference is that they made an additional colour available this year that wasn't around in the semi-aborted winter 20/21 season. I wasn't expressly told when the boots were released, and was acutely aware of how little stock in my size the whole of Whistler had by the time I was looking in early February, so ultimately am happy that I got the right size and fit boots I wanted, irrespective of when they were released.

Being new boots, they did need a bit of breaking in, but decided to give them a little heat help and to that end, ended up finding myself in the ski boot shop Alpine Pro at the base of Blackcomb - which is where my story might become slightly more relevant.

Whilst waiting for my boots to cook, I was perusing their shelves and noticed that a lot of their boots were from previous years too. Now, I'm obviously not a skier, but I'm reasonably aware of the difficulty you guys and girls have in getting the right fit, rather than just the latest tech and so in somewhat of a lightbulb moment, them having stock from previous years made perfect sense, if it meant they covered a larger range of sizes.

TLDR: I don't think selling brand new boots that were made a couple of years ago is an issue, so long as you're content they fit correctly and you weren't encouraged to take an item just so they could clear stock. Which I think is unlikely given the company concerned and its reputation.

If, however, you can find the exact same boot elsewhere, with a comparable fitting service, for a much lower price, then there is no harm in approaching the company direct to discuss this privately, if that's what you want to do.

Either way, I hope the boots give you many happy hours of skiing!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought my boots in 2017 from S4F. Been perfect. Same boot was on display in a shop window in Val D'Isere last week at full retail price. Not the current model of that boot, but the exact one I have from 2017. I doubt many new boot lines have come out in the last couple of years, and the current model of my boot is likely very similar other than cosmetic changes.

If the boot fits, wear it!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fitted boots for my youngest in La Rosiere a month ago. A good recommended chap (at La Grange a Ski) and he said there were no boots from the current season, most what he had was from the last two seasons and he confirmed that the most important thing was to make sure the boot fits. If it is the right boot you are not changing it in 2-3 years just because there is a new model/colour out? I kept my previous boots for 8 years (3-4 weeks a year skiing on average)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is just another vote of confidence in CEM and Solutions for feet. Excellent reputation for deservedly good reasons
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you for all the clarification!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you have the time, worth a listen …

https://theskiinstructorpodcast.podbean.com/e/42-colin-martin-solutions4feet/

Makes you appreciate the challenges for a boot-fitter
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Onlypepe, i am currently in Austria isolation with covid so only just seen this

Drop me a message with the details and i will have a look at what boot it is and what changes there have been to any models….. if there has been a physical change to a boot then it is different to if there has been a cosmetic change, and sometimes if there has been a physical change the older version works better for the individual… case in point the old version of the atomic hawx prime before they moved to the light weight shell was a completely different shell and fitted a different foot profile , we bought a size run of the original one as they were available as it gave a very different fitting option

Every year i see the large chains drop everything into a sale at this point in the year, all because their accountants say they should, boots which carry over go in there too, and then come September they put the prices back up????
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@CEM, fwiw and I think supported by others you would only put someone in a boot that fits their feet and skiing level/profile, if that happens to be a slightly older model but is still perfect for the end user then 'date on the box' is just that.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Onlypepe wrote:
The boots fit perfectly, so I'm a happy man Very Happy

...and a smart one, because that is what matters.
...and a lucky one, because many folks have boot issues.
...and one that is more fun to ski with, since you won't be futzing with your boots or whining about how they don't fit (in spite of doing nothing to change it) like some people I know.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been caught out before with buying cheap discounted boots online..... false economy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy