Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva - Avoriaz April 2nd

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help! It seems I’ve made the genius move of booking a flight into Geneva with no way of actually getting to Avoriaz from the airport. I had quotes from Skiddy Gonzales and Ski Lifts before I booked the flights, then when I went to book them the seats were gone. I managed to get the return leg from Ski Lifts so just need to get the outward leg sorted.

Anyone on here know of a decent company with availability? Hoping for shared to keep costs down but willing to hear any suggestions.

Has anyone got the local bus company to morzine and then just got the Prodains lift up? That seemed like a decent solution until I read some bad reviews about the journey taking 4 hours etc.

The chap helping me on Ski lifts suggested getting the train to France but the train is 1h10 and then it’s still an hour’s taxi from Avoriaz, assuming we can even get a taxi that will take us there. Also it’s not super appealing as we will have 3.5 year old with us, so would love to just get on a bus/in a car at the airport and have that take us to Avoriaz.

Thanks in advance Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How many of you? Some people have managed to find some good value car rentals recently - not that a car is as useful in Avoriaz as it would be elsewhere! I don't know that area but a call to the tourist office would be a good start. They will have local taxi contacts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply @pam_w. We are 3 altogether - 2 adults and a child.

Only problem with car is I’ve already paid for the return journey back to the airport with Ski Lifts…
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds like a transfer to Morzine, free bus to Prodains and lift up is best option - a bit of a faff with luggage but not sure why it would take 4 hrs.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1. Look a car hire prices.
2. If you can find a decent price just give Ski-Lifts a call and ask if you can cancel/get a refund, explaining that you've been unable to get an out-bound transfer. While they might not be obliged to give you one it's not like it's a last minute cancellation and you're dicking them about so they may do it for the good, rather than bad PR. And actually as I'm guessing you booked online/on the phone you might well be entitled to a 14 day 'cooling off' period?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was speaking to some drivers last night, and if theres availability a private transfer is €260 one way.
If there's nothing doing then here's an idea:

Leman Express Train from Airport to Thonon CHF14 per adult. (70 mins). I have used this and its great.
Y91 Bus from Thonon to Morzine EUR4 per adult (about an hour).
Navette from Morzine - Prodains FREE (10 mins)
Prodains Express EUR7 (5 mins).

A shared transfer might not be that much quicker, as you might need to wait for other pax before you leave the airport, there might be other drop offs on the way, and there has been a queue of vehicles going up to Avoriaz on Saturdays.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies folks!

I’ve managed to get a quote from Powder Cabs for 250 eur to take us to the Prodains lift. Well 270 but they knocked off 20 as they can’t pick us up until 2 hrs after our flight gets in. That’s spot on with what you found out @windofchange - thanks for asking them!!

With the ski lift return cost the total for both transfers is £340ish. Looking at renting cars they are around £300 and then there’s fuel costs and navigating and potential queues into avoriaz. Based on that, I’m thinking the transfers are a better play. We’d maybe get to top of prodains by 4:30pm leaving at 2:30pm all going well?

Thanks also @windofchange for the train and bus info. Looking at the schedules if we were quick we might be able to get to morzine at 4pm so it’s not too different to the private transfer. But that’s if we make the 13:19 train which is possible but not for sure. Would have to wait an hour if we missed that.

But, on this occasion (first ski hol and with 3.5 year old) I think I’m probably going to stick with the transfer so we only have to get on the one mode of transport to get to prodains. I’ll kick myself if it shows up late, but right now that’s looking like the more attractive option. It’s super helpful to know of that option though.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mclennr, I used Powder Cabs to get us back from Morzine recently - they were really good and reliable. Great communication throughout.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That’s really great to hear @skimum1, they’ve been fab so far on the comms front!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy