Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere over easter... go/no go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at the weekend of the 15th of April... how does Val D'Isere fare in terms of snow and the crowds at that time? Looking for something as snow sure as possible at that time, so suggestions in other areas or regions are also welcome!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Normally it would be fine - but in the conditions currently being reported I'd go to Tignes, with the fallback of the funi and the Grande Motte.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could do it from Val d'I, obviously.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great time for mountainbiking.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Crowds won't be an issue! If you have any beginners then Val is likely to have better options (up Solaise) even at that time of the year but if generally skiing terrain then Tignes tips the scales
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Normally it would be fine - but in the conditions currently being reported I'd go to Tignes, with the fallback of the funi and the Grande Motte.

Thanks, good call! I am looking at the combined ski pass for both areas and will be with the car so that should be no problem. Anyone have any recommendations for rentals out there?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No specific idea, but there should be places available in Tignes Val Claret, near the base of the funicular.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mclovin,
Try asking on the Tignes Seasonnaires 2022 group on Facebook.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Anyone have any recommendations for rentals out there?

I've booked an apartment through abritel.fr. so worth a look even to see what's available. We're in Val C, ski in/out, 100m or so from funicular. Building is called Le Grand Roc. Smaller building - guy I'm renting from has 2 appts in it (both 2 bed). But we need to use car park - think some places include parking, but not many. How many bedrooms do you need?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Go, it'll be fine, might have some new snow, might have some lovely warm days, lunches on terraces, beer in the sun after skiings, it's a great time to be in the mountains!

Keep any eye on this thread for up to date info https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82612&start=8080
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wot @kitenski says, best time of the year. Early start, early finish (if you don't like the slush), long lunches on sunny terraces.

Only slight issue might be the French spring holidays are at that time, but shouldn't be too much of a problem as the French tend to be 1 week a year punters, will have done that in Feb, and will be steaming past the Alps heading to Provence instead.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ha - yes. You might get lots of French traffic on main roads but they'll be heading for the coast and not mountains. But may be worth thinking about your journey if holidays are at the same time.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
Anyone have any recommendations for rentals out there?
We've used Ski Republic 2 or 3 times without any problems.

Great prices normally - but currently an extra 15% off with code SPRING22.

Alternatively, Intersport, Skiset and Precision ski all do good discounts for online bookings.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’ve been going to Val/tignes in April for many years. Lots of sunshine for that essential goggle tan. The runs can be icy first thing then they warm up nicely.
The snow at the bottom of Val gets very slushy and is hard work to walk on but the crowds are minimal. The queue for the grand motte in tignes gets very busy at certain times but the snow quality is very good on the glacier.
The past couple of trips I’ve been going to La Plagne, it has a lot more blue runs which suit me better as a boarder. In fact I’m going on the 9th April. Can’t bloody wait - it’s been 3 agonising years !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy