Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne - Roche lift hamlet...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks...

Have a trip coming up at Easter this year and we have a chalet a couple of mins from the La Roche lift. Few questions if poss please... Happy

1) Are the 2 runs back down to Roche usually still kept ski-able till Easter?
2) Is there 'anything' by way of amenities in this small hamlet? It does't look like it, except for the bar at the foot of the lift..?
3) If you've to drive a couple of minutes to the foot of the Roche lift, would it be better to just drive to 1800 and park up there...?

Thx all Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1) I've been there in mid-March when the runs down to La Roche have been getting a bit brown, so I would say there are no guarantees.
2) Can't help, as have only been as far as the bar (from the piste)
3) If you are driving anyway, I would probably drive up to Bellecote or Plagne Centre rather than 1800 (although not sure how close parking is to the piste at any of them). Bellecote for example gives easier access to Montchavin / Les Coches, or Les Arcs, or Champagny, than either La Roche or 1800
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1) In bad years only the Cornydogwheel (Cornegidouille) piste will be open down to La Roche, it will be narrow and icy in some sections (think bulldozed man made snow, North facing slope through the trees )
2) Not sure about any more than that, there was a hotel bar at the top of the village, may still be there.
3) Easy free parking at La Roche IF you can cope with the icy sections of piste back down, park there. Plagne Centre is short on parking and mostly chargeable, Aime 2000 has free parking but its a walk to the piste. Plagne Vilages has free parking and easy access to the piste - so probably the best bet. (Not sure about parking in 1800 hopefully someone will be along shortly to answer that)

A good snowfall before Easter will be really welcome and maybe all the pistes down to La Roche will be open....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thx @ecureuil, @boredsurfin, I am very much of the opinion it's the getting in the car that is the pain in the back bottom, so if you're in it, I guess it makes little difference to drive 3 mins or 11 mins up to bellecote...???

Thx again folks...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@AlpineAddict, I've stayed in La Roche a few times and can definitely recommend the restaurant by la Roche lift. We ate there several times and thoroughly enjoyed it. There is also a bus stop which will take you up to Plagne Centre in a few minutes.

Personally, if you found the walk to la Roche lift too far, I'd just jump on the bus to Plagne Centre, which is a lot closer than Bellecote.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy