Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne - easy restaurants on the piste to get to?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My friend and I are staying at UCPA La Plagne in Plagne Centre this week. She's in the "course debutantes" and is doing really well, so she's a little bored of going up and snowplowing down Boulevard over and over while some students in the class struggle. Tomorrow she has the morning off and would like to ski some very easy blues with me and then go to a restaurant on the piste for lunch.

So I'm thinking of taking her up Bergerie and down Dolines or Ecartee (not sure which of those 2 is easier). If she gets on OK then up Colorado and down Capella. Does that sound OK? Any ideas of somewhere decent and cheap for lunch on any of those runs please? We would prefer to avoid something in plagne centre and dine on the piste for the novelty value Very Happy . Thanks in advance for any advice!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dolines and Ecartee are both probably okay for someone moving on from Boulevard. But they both have a steeper pitch near the bottom, which can (and probably should) be avoided by keeping right for a longer/easier alternative.

If by 'dine on the piste' you mean somewhere not in a 'village' (i.e not in Plagne Centre, Plagne Soleil or Plagne Villages) there aren't many options: I think just the big place on Dolines that often has loud music? There are a few piste-side options in both Plagne Soleil and Plagne Villages.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks ecureuil that's exactly what I meant. I'll check out the big place on Dolines and will be sure to keep right coming down Ecartee and Dolines.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another option might be to take Trieuse from the top of the Bergerie lift, towards Bellecote, when there is a 'Swiss' restaurant part way down. Below the restaurant it also gets a bit steep for beginners, but the Rhodos alternative (effectively a right turn just as you arrive at the restaurant) is probably okay: keep on it all the way until you cross the Col de Forcle drag left then turn left onto a much flatter route to Bellecote.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It’s been a couple of years since we went so I forget the names of all the lifts. But, I am sure you can get to the right lifts to navigate up to Roche de Mio. There is a great restaurant up there called Les Inversens that has incredible views over the valley. Indoor and outdoor seating. You need to be careful coming back down as there are a few ways, including some brilliant reds that are my favourite in the resort (Sources and Inversens)/. But there is a really wide and easy blue that takes you through a tunnel. The tunnel itself is very flat and from memory and then that brings you out and you ski back down into the Belle Plagne area. Only problem then is the run down from Belle Plagne to the three lifts at the bottom (Arpette is one but I forget the other two although I know they begin with B and C). That run can get a bit busy and a bit bumpy later in the day.

So, it could be that this is a bit adventurous for a beginner but you can do it all on blues and the views at the top are what make my holidays.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe go down boulevard and catch the Bergerie lift up - then exit right at the top of the lift , keep left down the Bergerie run until you see the back of the Bergerie restaurant and head there via the little turn on the left of the piste ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
To return to base , carry on down but avoid the steeper bit at the bottom by taking the right turn that goes through a cut through with the Wild West figures and follow that down to plagne centre
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you so much for all the replies - we are at Les Inversens now and really enjoying the views and French pop music Very Happy . Maybe we'll check out the Swiss restaurant on our way back down. My friend is doing amazingly well for a beginner, I'm so impressed!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad you found Les inversens. As I said earlier, I love that place. Nice food , not horribly expensive and the views….. great work by your friend by the sounds of it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy