Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where has the Aosta Valley English avalanche bulletin gone???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A couple of weeks ago the old and very clear and useful Aosta Valley avalanche bulletin disappeared, and this: https://bollettinovalanghe.regione.vda.it/home turned up in its place. Am I being stupid, or is there no longer a version in English? Any pointers gratefully received.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BlueSky, if you select "Inglese" at the top of the page, https://bollettinovalanghe.regione.vda.it/home-2
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Direct link to the report: https://bollettini-en.aineva.it/bulletin/latest
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scarlet, that looks like a better presentation Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, Yep. Do you not have the EAWS report in France? If you zoom out on the map, you can click through to the other areas covered, including Switzerland and Austria.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers. That English button is not there on the version I see on my laptop on Chrome, but is on my phone. The whole thing is incredibly hard to navigate though and half of it still appears in Italian. Obviously the additional detail is helpful though. Hey ho, will just need to learn it, but you’d think in 2022 they could design more intuitive websites.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BlueSky, go directly to the link I just posted. This is a well-designed avalanche bulletin, used widely across the alps.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did. Thank you. And have now saved it. Still find it hard to understand and use, but each to their own I suppose. No doubt I’ll get the hang of it over time. I think it’s mostly the map, which behaves oddly, jumps around, won’t scroll properly (even with 2 fingers) and when you eventually work out how you get to the relevant detail it’s doesn’t actually name the area it’s describing, so you’re not completely certain if you’re in the place you’re looking at or somewhere entirely different. Anyway, grazie mille for the help. At least I now know where the English version is!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BlueSky, tbh I agree with you. I don't know why that area is split into such tiny sections (unlikely to be that much variation, I'd have thought). The Tirol version is clearer: https://avalanche.report/bulletin/latest
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy