Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Documents required for Frnace and Switzerland?

Poster: A snowHead
Hiya,
I'm flying to Geneva with SleazyJet then onto France to finally ski/board. I have read both the French and Swiss websites but confusion still reigns a bit. It appears that all I need to fly to Switzerland is a passport and NHS covid app to prove vaccination. For France, in one place ambifrance states the same but also needed is the sworn statement, but elsewhere it states a PLF is needed but I can't seem to find a link to that document.

Do I need a PLF to get into France?

I've printed off the sworn statement in English, is this ok?

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Solutions Covid guide is updated weekly, and is pretty good,

https://www.skisolutions.com/file/ss-winter-travel-guide.pdf

The below covers your scenario,

Everyone aged 12 and over, regardless if your flight lands in France or Switzerland, needs to print out a ‘statement of honour for travellers coming from a country on France’s amber list’ each and complete it by hand. The UK is on France’s amber list – this can change quickly, so make sure you check the FCDO website for updates and print the correct ‘statement of honour’ shortly before you travel. On this form, you need to confirm that you’ve not had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 48 hours and that you’ve no knowledge of being in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days before departure. Passengers might have to agree to take an additional antigen test or a PCR test on arrival in France if they’re randomly selected to do so.

If your flight is to Geneva Airport (Switzerland) There is no longer a requirement for any travellers to present proof of vaccination, proof of recovery, a negative test, or an immigration form to enter Switzerland.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fully vacced - nothing needed for Switzerland ; Sworn statement needed for France, no need for PLF
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brilliant! Thanks guys.

Over excited now!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just got back from France but landed / departed from Geneva on EasyJet -

Covid QR code check at Birmingham bag drop
Nothing at Geneva
Nothing crossing into France (via Private Transfer)
No checks whatsoever in Morzine (not even when buying liftpass)
Did get a PLF check when checking back in at Geneva - this is now defunct

Did take a statement of honour but this was never checked - just make sure you update your Covid Pass and all should be good!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Belch wrote:
Just got back from France but landed / departed from Geneva on EasyJet -

Covid QR code check at Birmingham bag drop
Nothing at Geneva
Nothing crossing into France (via Private Transfer)
No checks whatsoever in Morzine (not even when buying liftpass)
Did get a PLF check when checking back in at Geneva - this is now defunct

Did take a statement of honour but this was never checked - just make sure you update your Covid Pass and all should be good!

This is my plan! The sworn statement is never checked and if, on the extremely rare occasion, it was asked for, I'd plead ignorance!

Brother took the same journey as above last month and was never asked to produce anything after landing in Geneva.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anyone got a link for the "statement of honour" for France, just in case I'm asked. I have a private transfer from Geneva to La Plagne
Cheers
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also, out of interest, we are travelling to Geneva then private transfer to La Plagne, France.
My wife and I are fully vaccinated and have had booster, our kids are not.
Nothing needed for the kids to travel to Switzerland, negative test needed to travel to France.
Where / When would the negative test be checked for travel to France if we have a private transfer from Geneva ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have been investigating the requirements too, as we travel very soon Little Angel . The Crystal website says the same as the above link, so that seems good. Quite bizarrely if you travel to France via Chambery you need a digital EU Passenger Locator Form (PLF), but not if you travel via Geneva. Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am in les gets just now. No face masks, no vax checks at any airport, no checks on vax status in France. Basically normal
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kevali wrote:
Also, out of interest, we are travelling to Geneva then private transfer to La Plagne, France.
Nothing needed for the kids to travel to Switzerland, negative test needed to travel to France.
Where / When would the negative test be checked for travel to France if we have a private transfer from Geneva ?

My brother went to Morzine via GVA last month when tests for France were still required even when fully vaxxed. They never once were asked for them! Its a soft boarder so the private transfer just drove them straight to Morzine from Geneva.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah I can’t understand why they would check for kids negative test in Manchester when we are flying to Geneva where they are not required.
Then if we have a private transfer across a soft border who would check it then?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Roscoe, its a customs border not a people border - Schengen
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Exactly
It’s a pointless exercise!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kevali wrote:
Yeah I can’t understand why they would check for kids negative test in Manchester when we are flying to Geneva where they are not required.
Then if we have a private transfer across a soft border who would check it then?

V V unlikely - our driver told us to put on our masks as we crossed the border as apparently a group of previous Brit punters had been randomly pulled going into France . . . didn't even realised we had crossed the border and that was the last time we wore masks for the duration (other than on the plane)
snow report
Kevali wrote:
Exactly
It’s a pointless exercise!

Is your trip with a TO?? If so they'll have to fulfil all legal requirements/obligations as they've arranged you end to end journey.
snow conditions
Don’t get me wrong, we will follow all the rules,
Suppose I’m just making the point that the “rules” cannot or are not policed anyway !
ski holidays
We are meant to be flying into Grenoble two weeks today and are currently 4 days into Covid (myself and three kids all tested positive Weds morning)
We are hoping to be all clear and test negative early next week and be out of isolation but i am worried from reading the entry requirements that we will not be able to attest to not being in contact with someone with covid as my wife will have been in contact with all us within 14 days of travelling.
She has been testing negative all along, is a teacher so believes she had it in Feb even though LFTs were negative (she tests every other day).
If she doesnt become positive after us all having it and living together, but cant prove she had it earlier this year, do we have no way around travelling ie is our only hope that she becomes positive in the next few days?
We are both fully vaxxed.
Thanks for any help in advance.
snow report
Our other option is she isolates from us until we test negative, she could move into her parents house for the next few days until we are all clear?
snow report
Roscoe wrote:
Kevali wrote:

My brother went to Morzine via GVA last month. Its a soft boarder....

I always thought boarders were soft and skiers hard as nails. Very Happy Toofy Grin
snow report
Beunos wrote:
We are meant to be flying into Grenoble two weeks today and are currently 4 days into Covid (myself and three kids all tested positive Weds morning)
We are hoping to be all clear and test negative early next week and be out of isolation but i am worried from reading the entry requirements that we will not be able to attest to not being in contact with someone with covid as my wife will have been in contact with all us within 14 days of travelling.
She has been testing negative all along, is a teacher so believes she had it in Feb even though LFTs were negative (she tests every other day).
If she doesnt become positive after us all having it and living together, but cant prove she had it earlier this year, do we have no way around travelling ie is our only hope that she becomes positive in the next few days?
We are both fully vaxxed.
Thanks for any help in advance.

You have no reason not to just carry on regardless.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy