Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott boot fastening broken

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My husband noticed that the fastening on his Scott boot was broken yesterday. No collision prior. Quiet day skiing in Winterberg, Germany.

Is this repairable? It will go back into the correct place but comes out again.

Not sure how to add an image?

https://app.photobucket.com/u/LavaLaura3417/a/65da5611-5c2a-4ef9-a4da-deb58d62bb3a/p/103256c4-bc8e-44b1-9a76-ecc5a7fde594
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The PhotoBucket album seems to be private so can't see the pic. but so long as it's the buckle itself that's broken they are just riveted to the shell and a proper boot fitters should be able to drill out tue rivets/rivet on a new buckle.

Certainly ProFeet in Fulham were able to do that when a buckle fractured on my Tecnikas, but when it goes to the mounting holes in the shell stretching and going oval it was time for new boots.

Oh and see https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=129142&start=9280#4681810 for uploading images.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@LavaLaura, if there is a ski shop nearby, take the boot in and see what they say. If it's just a broken buckle, chances are they'll have something in their spares box that will work.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thankyou.

I think I’ve made it public now?

I’ve looked and found a Scott dealer in the next city/country so we’ll try them. The boots were bought in Italy (now NL) so Eh oh! they’ll help us.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LavaLaura, difficult to see, especially when I'm not familiar with the boot, but it looks as though one end of the wire bail has popped out of the buckle? If so, can you just pop it back in again?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I popped it back in, but it came out again quite easily.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@LavaLaura, pop it back in again and duct tape it?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Otherwise any decent ski shop will have something that will do the job. It doesn't need to be pretty
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Duct tape, zip ties and a voile strap - the Holy Trinity of ski repairs.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy