Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oligarch Chalets

Poster: A snowHead
@philwig, It's between K2 and Annapurna, on Rue de l'Altiport.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure anyone is aware (I wasn't until recently) a Russian Billionaire (Oligarch) part owns TUI group, so Crystal for our ski Holidays is part Russian owned, rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Simon94, there is Russian money in many businesses, as they invest across the board. In this case, the investor initially was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Mordashov but it seems his shares are maybe now held by one of his sons, though https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/mar/03/russian-billionaire-alexei-mordashov-quits-tui-board-eu-sanctions-putin-ukraine claims he owns 34% of TUI.

It looks like they've been shuffling nominal owners behind the scenes in an attempt to evade the possibility of sanctions - https://www.tuigroup.com/en-en/investors/news/2022/ir-news/20220304
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ousekjarr wrote:
It looks like they've been shuffling nominal owners behind the scenes in an attempt to evade the possibility of sanctions - https://www.tuigroup.com/en-en/investors/news/2022/ir-news/20220304

I’ll bet they have been. Them and a few others no doubt. Arent many of the Londongrad houses “owned” by Graham Bonham-Carter.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60623026

I find it hard to believe that action against this sort of thing was simply not possible until these Russians became persona non grata. The properties have been owned for years, the links to Russia have been obvious to anyone who even glanced at the details, and the collective blindness to Russian ill-gotten gains being funnelled through London and trousered by politicians and middle men just shows the level of corruption in the core of this country.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle wrote:
@rungsp, I once shared a gondola in Verbier with three men, totally clad in black, who were discussing gun-running for the whole ride. They presumably assumed I couldn't speak Russian.
And, also in Verbier, working for Supertravel, I had a few, very wealthy English clients - they were rude, greedy and incredibly mean.

How do you think they get so rich - it's cos they're fundamentally tight c88ts
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I was in the Courch area a few weeks ago I noticed a high proliferation of "rich" Indian/South Asian clientelle: few actually skiing and accompanied by very pretty women - and a few of the women skiing independently in private lessons

They seemed like a very polite and appreciative clientelle compared to the Russians.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Boss and I once shared a gondola with 2 Russian Girls in Courchevel, probably in the 16-21 age bracket. They were beautiful, spoke great
English, very well educated, very personable. They were a fabulous advert for their upbringing and origin.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Simon94 wrote:
Not sure anyone is aware (I wasn't until recently) a Russian Billionaire (Oligarch)...

Is it only me that did a double take reading this? Never met @Simon94 but I would be very surprised if there is a Russian billionaire lingering around snowHeads. Shocked

Oh, hang on a minute, that's not what it says. Missed the brackets. Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nemisis wrote:
@philwig, It's between K2 and Annapurna, on Rue de l'Altiport.
Yes, it was a joke, because the stuff oligarchs drink is called...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

They were a fabulous advert for their upbringing and origin.

Or for their English public schools? wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or for their KGB trainers and/or pimps? wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I would be very surprised if there is a Russian billionaire lingering around snowHeads.

Some snow-based journalists may have discovered that he not only lingers, but he owns the place. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@AL9000
Quote:

Some snow-based journalists may have discovered that he not only lingers, but he owns the place.

Who, Adminski? Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gixxerniknik wrote:
@AL9000
Quote:

Some snow-based journalists may have discovered that he not only lingers, but he owns the place.

Who, Adminski? Laughing

I can neither confirm not deny that!
snow report
Once helped a group of Russians in Cham who got their car stuck and were busy spinning their wheels deeper into the snow. 2 of us ran up and joined one of them trying to push the car out and eventually it moved. He got straight into the car and they drove off without saying a word or even making eye contact! Another time I was behind a wife/girlfriend or mistress in a queue at a well known deli. The bill was 40 euros or so and she handed over a 500 note. The teller asked whether I knew if it was genuine. Not surprisingly, I had never seen one before or since. Another time I moored next to a low-level oligarch in San Remo who was insisting on playing his russian pop music really loudly. I asked if he could turn it down - the skipper agreed and went to do so. The l-lo slammed his fist on the table, shouted HeT HeT and told the skipper to turn it up even louder. I was definitely outnumbered, probably outgunned and decided not to take the matter further!

They used to spend loads on new gear for their mistresses in Cham and were great for business but have reduced significantly over the last few years. To balance this, i went to my first Russian orthodox wedding and reception this Jan and couldn't have had a better time with a nicer bunch.
ski holidays
I think I saw a reference to Putin's wife/girlfriend/? holed up in a Swiss chalet - this is the only news article I've come accross about it (not looking for it though)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300549569/the-secret-life-of-alina-kabaeva--the-star-gymnast-who-became-putins-eva-braun

She might not be there for long though.
ski holidays
@ster, link posted on the first page by @weathercam to this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10583735/Putins-gymnast-lover-hiding-private-secure-chalet-Switzerland.html
snow report
Here's one for you: https://www.lacollectionprivee.fr/courchevel-chalet-black-pearl-fr
latest report
Loved the old Crystal Deux Mille with Esprit when the oik child was a younger, the absolute definition of the worst house in the best street. Went there a few times. The usual beginner mistake was when guests new to Courchevel went to the Hotel K2 terrace next door for pizza on the first-day lunchtime, and ended up with a bill for a couple of hundred euros...

We also liked the fact that rentable chalets at the K2 were around 175,000 euros per week, and that the ski area was virtually empty most of the time as the Russians didn't really ski.
latest report
@shannyla, I remember that place - they wanted €10 for a small orange juice, and that was back in about 2010
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy