Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glenshee rip off

Poster: A snowHead
@zikomo, I (think) you missed the point that lifts reach their safe operating limits well before it becomes unsafe to ski, no? wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@under a new name, good point! Yes I did miss that, but was already over-comprehensive!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

“OK boomer. That’s not what it was like. Weird”

He's 70 - he is definitely a boomer. However, it is rude and ageist to use "boomer" as a term of abuse. Clip that child behind the ear.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, I already did!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JohnU, wow such a pithy response to being called out as a complete fraud.

I feel great thanks. Suggest you stay indoors today though, was a little bit windy when we had our walk this morning.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lifts were open, people were skiing.

Sorry mate... sitheeee

You come across as an habitual moaner
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree Pam, calling people boomers is a complete insult that gen-x would not engage in but millennials and zoomers might well do.Wink I’m also of opinion that some of the language and veiled threats of localised gossipism towards the op has been a bit over the top and disrespectful for someone that’s been skiing the hallowed mountain for over 55 years! That is some feat of which to applaud and marvel. I Feel sure after this disagreement it’ll go back to normal and people can direct their maldiscontent toward the fight and battle for Britons future in Britain.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim wrote:
valais2, your wonderful story about about Mrs Nice Lift in Zermat made us laugh and lifted our day. Thank you.
+1
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JohnU wrote:
zikomo, I think you still have your hangover.
Is that the best you can do with such a closely argued and well expressed post? Pathetic.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I know it probably isnt, but this guy sounds almost like he has lost one glove.......
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What's wrong with calling someone a boomer? I call myself one. It's no worse than, say, addressing someone as ' young man'. A tad patronising perhaps, but no worse than that.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle wrote:
What's wrong with calling someone a boomer? I call myself one. It's no worse than, say, addressing someone as ' young man'. A tad patronising perhaps, but no worse than that.

Personally speaking, when I was younger, I found being addressed as "young man" patronising and don't get me going on "dear"
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@JohnU, I am sure will be along with more shortly. He is reliable in that respect at least.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

What's wrong with calling someone a boomer? I call myself one

So do I. But not as the term of abuse which it has now become amongst some people ( to whom it is commensurate with being a well off, selfish, Brexit voter with an over-developed sense of entitlement). I would also call myself post-menopausal, if the context were appropriate, but it's still a term of abuse the way some people use it. wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@pam w,
Quote:

commensurate with being a well off, selfish, Brexit voter with an over-developed sense of entitlement

Is it? My goodness. Shocked
snow report
@pam w, I think your are being a bit harsh. And it is certainly unconnected to Brexit.

I think what my boy meant by it did somewhat relate to entitled. And one who looks down on young people. In which case he was accurate when applying to the OP. Still deserving of a gentle cuff for general cheek thoigh.
ski holidays
Now that is a harsh and scathing email Eh oh! Eh oh!

Were I the MD of glenshee, I would have read it and immediately forgotten who sent it or what the contents were; such was the bland, whinging and unsubstantiated nature of it.
latest report
@Dashed, I agree. Plus a bunch of 10-12 year old on the same day had not problems with the conditions. The OP is full of it.
snow report
zikomo wrote:
@Dashed, I agree. Plus a bunch of 10-12 year olds on the same day had no problems with the conditions. The OP is full of it.
snow conditions
JohnU wrote:
Dave of marmottes….I particularly remember how offensive you usually were a few years ago when i had an interest in blades.You are still at it… with 34000 posts…do you think you are normal?

First sensible thing I've see this man say....and everyone knows that DOTM is far from normal.
latest report
b. In my experience, those who have actually completed all Monros do not brag about it.

Bollox, I do #2926

and they are NOT nor ever have been Monros FFS
latest report
Speaking of blades, what happened with that guy and the sawn off skis with bits glued on, looked a bit like clown shoes with wings. Can't remember what he called them.
snow conditions
Whitegoldsbrother wrote:
b. In my experience, those who have actually completed all Monros do not brag about it.

Bollox, I do #2926

and they are NOT nor ever have been Monros FFS

Yea well that along with your username says it all.
ski holidays
@thecramps, rakskis or raxskis or something? The dude was convinced they reinvented skiing
snow report
@JailBaitMcFlude, That's the fellow. Couldn't for the life of me remember what he called them. I remember one of his videos. They looked hopeless. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
@Whitegoldsbrother, ….er….

M o n r o s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Munro_mountains
snow report
@JailBaitMcFlude, Thank feck you didn't say his name three times, he's like that Beetlejuice fella, three times and he appears to haunt the forum for a further seven years.
snow report
@JailBaitMcFlude, still available if you fancy some.

http://www.raxski.com/news/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
valais2 wrote:
@Whitegoldsbrother, ….er….

M o n r o s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Munro_mountains

WTF in that does it say monro? "This is a list of Munro mountains and Munro Tops in Scotland by height"

Can no one read round here?

Named after Sir Hugh M U N R O;

Hardly rocket science

Really should keep your nose out of things that don't concern you

Er indeed
latest report
@Whitegoldsbrother, …sorry?….that’s a weird reaction on a discussion forum…

Um…I thought you questionned the plural…’they have never been Munros…’

Singular - a Munro
Plural - some Munros

I don’t think people treat the plural like ‘sheep’

Note the text from the wik entry I cited above:

Some authors have attempted to redefine Munros based on objective metric criteria. As of 6 September 2012, 202 of the 282 Munros had a prominence above 150 metres (492 ft). Such hills have been called Real Munros or Marilyn Munros. No Munro Top had a prominence above 150 metres (492 ft) (i.e. no Munro Top was a Marilyn). 130 Munros had a height above 1,000 metres (3,281 ft) and a prominence above 100 metres (328 ft), while 88 had a prominence above 200 metres (656 ft). Both categories have been called Metric Munros.[9] None of these classifications have achieved significant popularity.
snow report
@valais2, thats a weird interpretation of what @Whitegoldsbrother said! I thought your response was weird as a result.
latest report
One of my pet hates is people referring to the mUnros as mOnros. Was when I was doing them, still is now.

Sorry, bit of a grump this morning. First day back at work 6am start after a wonderful week in the Zillertal valley.

Gonna be a long day.

Apologies
snow report
@holidayloverxx, @Whitegoldsbrother, …ah indeed…sorry…was totally blind to the O - U substitution. Apolugies. Argh sorry….apologies….
snow conditions
Apologies? That’s a weird reaction on a discussion forum…
ski holidays
@Orange200, indeed…but I guess someone has to do it….mmm…a bit of Humble Pie goes well with coffee this morning…..
latest report
It was deliberate. I used the Monro spelling from the start in the original thread. And have continued to use it. The OP neither noticed nor corrected it. Which I found amusing.
ski holidays
@Orange200, I think someone opened the gate Madeye-Smiley

http://youtube.com/v/v1ro1aftcgM
ski holidays
@thecramps, Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

ommensurate with being a well off, selfish, Brexit voter with an over-developed sense of entitlement

OK boomer isn't anything to do with brexit voting.

'OK boomer' is directed as a form of dismissal to the baby boomer generation who intersect the venn diagram of 1) benefited from increased living standards in their generation 2) huge equity gains on their property and final salary / gold plated pension schemes AND 3) who are dismissive of Gen Z and their financial struggles of stagnating wages and huge house price growth. The kind of people who talk about millennials / gen Z eating too much avo on toast.
snow conditions
Quote:

avo on toast.

Make beans on toast great again!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy