Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stop sun cream going every where ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I use one of these for sunscreen and lip balm , I like its all-in-one plus it comes with the neck cord so i dont lose it or drop it whilst on the lift etc

https://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/suncream/5797-manbi-spf30-combi-suncream-2020.html

Ive used it the past 2-3 ski trips , but still the sun cream don't stop coming out as soon as you unscrew the lid. You only need a bit but it goes every where , i guess due to the altitude

Any tips , as i really like the product
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski at low altitude resorts or only use suncream filled at air pressure similar to where you are going. Physics innit?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Ski at low altitude resorts or only use suncream filled at air pressure similar to where you are going. Physics innit?

tried that, but the mud and rocks didnt do my skis much good wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Could be worse - go somewhere like Colorado and you can get bags of crisps that explode on you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't get the problem Puzzled It looks to me as if you could expel all air from the container prior to taking it from a higher to a lower air pressure place.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

It looks to me as if you could expel all air from the container prior to taking it from a higher to a lower air pressure place.

Sounds good to me. It works with crisps too, but you need to eat them before they go soggy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Use a lipstick style block, and keep that not fit for purpose pile of junk for the beach snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
- Gather a group of friends together.
- open a tube of sunscreen with the intention of getting a small blob for your nose
- share your new-found wealth of sunblock with all the above friends
- rescrew the lid.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@wasley, we have a different approach.

I have my trusty small tube of sunscreen with separate lip screen built into the lid. And I always apply it in the gondola….

Remove tube from little pocket on waistband of ortovox pack

Undo top of tube

Lean back to avoid spurt of sunscreen

Replace top of tube and replace tube in pocket.

Reach up and retrieve blob of sunscreen from inside gondola roof.

Apply liberally to nose and cheeks.

Done.

The Grom has a different approach. If he has not applied Piz Buin Glacier Cream in the chalet, he has a buff which comes over his nose and meets his goggles. Not a single square mm of skin showing anywhere….
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just like Colmans' fortune being founded on the mustard left on the side of the plate, high factor suncream manufacturers make all their profit from the bits spurted onto your pants/jacket/neighbours/gondola ceilings etc.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I use those when skiing and normally only have the pressure issue when opening the first time and never been THAT bad. Try holding it upright for a minute before opening, to give the air a chance to bubble up through the cream to the top, then open upright/wipe on back of cap hand/screw cap back on, then 'apply'.

Another trick is to open it in your accomodation bathroom, to let it "come up to mountain air pressure". Leave it upright in a glass or something overnight to get best chance of the air being at the top.

Also lots of sellers for those on eBay, potentially saving you £1.43/tube.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy