Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon QST 92 vs QST Lux 92

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there!

is there any actual difference between a QST and a QST lux ("ladies"), apart from the top sheet colour? When comparing same lengths/years of course.

Cheers!
Dan
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Let me put it this way, when I was in the market for a new touring ski, I found great deals for Salomon's top length women's skis. After a lot of research I came across an official statement that those skis, MTN Explore 88 & 95, are the same inside, only with different topsheets. Weight confirms this. I remember some marketing stance, stating something in the ballpark of "Salomon believes women are as strong skiers as men.."

I would guess, if the descriptions/technologies used are the same, it's basically the same ski. But you could as well try to find weights posted online.

Hope this helps a bit.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@danbre2022, I ski a Salomon qst 92 lux, after trying the mens version in 177cm, I purchased the womens version in the longest length (177cm), and it skis the same, and it was 1/3 of the price!

There are some meh reviews of it, but I find it a superb all mountain ski, they are rather light so get bumped about in cruddy stuff
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the reply!

I am looking for a ski to complement m QST 106 in dry spells/harder pistes/family skiing.

Now debating this Lux 92 in 177 vs Enforcer 88 or 93 oe Kore 93.

I want a ski that supports higher edge amgles and tigter turns than the 106, and has better edge grip on hard snow, but is still playful enough for familiy skiing. I ski 30-40 days/season as I live next to aome good resorts.

My Beast98 AT ski is my groomer ski at the moment, works OK but has PIN bindings and feels too light.

Cheers!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy