Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels and restaurants which have gone …

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I remember the Hotel Touristica in Courmeyeur - 1991, day menu…salad entre, then vast piles of pasta as a second course before main and dessert….wonderful. They did a great birthday cake for one of our group, at very short notice.
And gone.

Of course the famed Belvedere hotel in the Furka.
Gone.
https://www.uniqhotels.com/hotel-belvedere-rhonegletscher

Restaurant at Bella Lui at Crans Montana - trade devastated by the removal of the big cable car 10 years ago. Struggled to stay open.
Gone? Certainly failing.
Mad Hungarian waiters, solid Alpine fare and fur-garbed elderly pedestrians able to get high - 2,500m - by taking the cable car. Quaint, warm, great view of Mont Blanc from the terrace. I have been there with the snow blasting horizontally past the windows - whilst enjoying a final coffee before a launch into sub zero madness and demanding routes off the back to Zarbona.

Any others? I have posted before the nice vids about ghost resorts in the ‘States.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hotel Eden in Arosa. Free drinks at a 'welcome party' put on by the hoteliers; fantastic music nights, with live bands, on Thursdays and the Kitchen Club disco in the basement. Now, sadly, demolished and the site turned into a swanky 'mountain resort' with very expensive apartments to rent or buy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can barely name the mountain restaurants I go to now never mind ones that have gone. I just go to them
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@holidayloverxx, ..ah the passing of the years…whoosh….
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The one that sticks in my mind more than any other is the Haflingertraenke in Ellmau. We had such a fantastic meal there and sought it out the following year. It was still there in name, but the original (mainly wooden) building had burned down and been rebuilt. But it just wasn't the same. That would be about 1998 / 1999 or so.....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@JHS,
Summer trip?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@musher, no. Winter.
Stayed at the Chalet Aigner as it was called then by the tour operator, near Steinerner Tisch. It was our first continental ski trip. We were a bit ignorant and on the chalet staff night off it was suggested that we try the Haflingertraenke for a meal.
Really enjoyed it.
Went back next year and it had burned down, I think over the Summer, and either that next Winter or the one after, we went back and had a meal at the rebuilt Haflingertraenke, but it wasn't quite the same
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guglielmina, 3,300m, above Alagna. Best NY eve parties ever.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JHS,
I understand now, I wondered what you were doing over that side of the valley Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
Guglielmina, 3,300m, above Alagna. Best NY eve parties ever.

Absolute travesty when this burnt down... what a place!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bad news: they stopped selling Beaver Tails at Lake Louise base.
Good news: they opened up two Beaver Tails shops in Banff Main Street.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Sundance, Les Crosets. Fit waitresses in fishnets and leather, and 10% of your group's bill back in cash to the ski-guide Toofy Grin (when there were T.O. ski-guides). Strangely can't really remember what the food was like... Very non-PC, but those were the days wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@shep, a sad day indeed
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@shep,
Did anyone ever eat in there? Only ever stopped for mid-circuit coffee and the great view!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy