Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet flights to end Feb 23 now on sale

Poster: A snowHead
Up until 28th Feb 2023 showing for me.

Had a few issues initially, but have my xmas and NY flights now booked!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the heads up, half term booked snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All booked for New Year.
I also had issues, worked on the app on my phone but not on the desktop for the first few bookings.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
muppet wrote:
All booked for New Year.
I also had issues, worked on the app on my phone but not on the desktop for the first few bookings.

Yep, same - still not really showing on my laptop, but booked on app. Initially app would show dates but not prices - then did show prices but couldn't book. Then eventually it all worked! Must just have caught it as they were loading it all!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanky
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. Now all we need are some firm dates for 22/23 Bashes. PBBWUW and PSB perhaps......
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Annoyingly no evening flight from Edinburgh to Geneva on the Friday. We have previously taken the kids out of school at lunchtime, hotel near the airport and then sneaked in an extra skiing day bu doing that. Went for Milan flights as pretty much the same transfer time to where we usually ski in Switzerland, and a late Friday option was super cheap!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
toyah807 wrote:
Thanks. Now all we need are some firm dates for 22/23 Bashes. PBBWUW and PSB perhaps......

I would assumethe preBB is 28th Jan to 4th Jan because the BB is always sat2sat either side of the 5th Feb.

I'm holding off because I may be in Barbados Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I almost booked Gatwick to Munich for Feb half term. In the 30mins i thought about it. While looking at other routes it increased by another £20

I hate being tied to school holidays

17th Dec - 24th Dec offers some good options... just not sure i want to be coming home on Christmas eve
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Booked Feb half term for the whole family! Just need to find somewhere to stay, but likely to be Avoriaz.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
toyah807 wrote:

I would assumethe preBB is 28th Jan to 4th Jan because the BB is always sat2sat either side of the 5th Feb.

Working on that assumption I've already booked my Easyjet flights from Manchester! Madeye-Smiley (Manchester is more convenient for me being based in the Midlands than LGW). Outbound on Sat 28th Jan at 06:15 arriving VCE 09:30 and returning on Sat 11th Feb from Venice at 18:00 (so I'll be taking the later transfer bus from Arabba at a more civilised hour). Total cost including 23kg hold bag plus additional ski bag was £170.36. I did look at how much business class with BA from LHR would be on those dates (business class of course allows me to take 2 hold bags) but it worked out at £306. Although business class offers the use of the lounges with drinks and snacks and a hot meal on the flight I didn't consider the extra cost worth it in this instance. Madeye-Smiley

If in some highly unlikely event the preBBWUW and Birthday Bash aren't on the assumed dates then I'll be having an independent ski trip to Italy! Laughing

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 3-03-22 10:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
zikomo wrote:
Annoyingly no evening flight from Edinburgh to Geneva on the Friday. We have previously taken the kids out of school at lunchtime, hotel near the airport and then sneaked in an extra skiing day bu doing that. Went for Milan flights as pretty much the same transfer time to where we usually ski in Switzerland, and a late Friday option was super cheap!

They've axed the late evening Saturday flight back to Edinburgh too. Sad Used to be great for getting a full day skiing on departure day.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Thurs eve flight from Birmingham is gone too. Well it was already gone this winter, but I was hoping it'd come back for next winter! I used it a lot in the past, and it was always busy Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FEB HT flights Manchester to innsbruck booked .
£ 1388 for 4 of us (with 4 hold bags) which sounds fair to me in the peakiest of peak weeks ... Jet 2 for same week was nearer £ 1650

Dolomites here we come ... just need to book hotel and transfer but gambling that package with e.g. Crystal will surely be more expensive...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers for the heads up. Half term is already fiendishly expensive, but mercifully mine doesn't coincide with Paris, which brings my favoured resort back into contention.
ski holidays
@denfinella, Yes - and very pleasant checking in when the airport is quiet. We have managed 8 full days skiing lots of times that way, out on Friday evening and back late Saturday.
snow report
Hooray, all booked for Feb 23 (flights that I think were originally booked for Mar 2020!) was holding out on these as had the £1 ski carriage offer and didn't want to lose it - happy days. So, thinking Champoluc looks fun for a change, any recommendations?
ski holidays
Hi, does anyone know what the charge is (if any) for changing Easyjet flights. They used to have one but then scrapped it during Covid. Thinking of going over Christmas but might not-so I was going to book some flights in case we go, but if we delay until Easter, move the flights back for then.
But will only worth it if we don't get charged £££ admin fees for making the swap?
Thanks.
ski holidays
trmacc wrote:
Hooray, all booked for Feb 23 (flights that I think were originally booked for Mar 2020!) was holding out on these as had the £1 ski carriage offer and didn't want to lose it - happy days. So, thinking Champoluc looks fun for a change, any recommendations?

We were in Crest Alpine Hotel at the top of the Crest Gondola last week. We booked via Sunweb but not sure if they are still on there books. Ping me if you want more details
latest report
@NickyJ, I'll have a look and ping you if I want more deets - thanks
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

Of course there's a slight typo there, you obviously meant 28th Jan to 4th Feb. wink
snow report
@snowhound, I think it was £40per person/per flight.
ski holidays
Thanks for heads-up @fixx

Wish I hadn't booked my SBB Saver Day Passes and AirBnB for next week, otherwise I'd sack that trip off and rearrange it for next year instead

Oh well, much worse problems to have!
snow report
Usually I stay online the night before flights go on sale for Feb half Term. In 2019 I managed to get the 4 of us to Munich for £380. I didn't see easyJet say when the flights would be released this year, £1200 for 4 of us to Munich from Gatwick....hey ho
ski holidays
Just out of interest when was the 2023 flight schedule put on sale? it always used to be around the 1st of April pre-Covid ...
ski holidays
This morning I think. I got an email around 10am
latest report
franga wrote:
Just out of interest when was the 2023 flight schedule put on sale? it always used to be around the 1st of April pre-Covid ...

This morning
latest report
Yup. Email at 10 AM. Chose Milan flights, £414 for six of us!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@zikomo, flying out from where?
snow conditions
@NickyJ, Edinburgh to Milan Malpensa. Late Friday (10th Feb) out and Sat evening (18Feb) back - we will stay at the Sheraton next to the terminal on Friday and get some or most of an extra day skiing! Saturday flights were also reasonable but the timing not ideal imv.
ski holidays
zikomo wrote:
@NickyJ, Edinburgh to Milan Malpensa. Late Friday out and Sat evening back - we will stay at the Sheraton next to the terminal and get some or most of an extra day skiing! Saturday flights were also reasonable but the timing not ideal imv.

Ah no good for us. When I had searched i couldn't find an a route to Milan.
snow report
@NickyJ, Gatwick no good for you? EasyJet fly from there to Milan.
snow report
I tried that and got nothing back? Maybe it was a glitch. Thanks will try again
latest report
@NickyJ, Just looked and plenty of options from Gatwick. Prices are a bit higher now of course. BUT I have found in the past there there is a price hike for 4/5 weeks after flights first come out, but can often bag a bargain just after Easter. I suspect it is driven by the airlines knowing the release of flights creates a bit of a panic so they take advantage!
snow report
@zikomo, can you walk to the Sheraton from terminal? We're also going on flight out of Edinburgh
ski holidays
Thanks for the heads up on this. Bargain half term 2023 flights booked. Nice to have something to look forward to.
snow report
zikomo wrote:
@NickyJ, Just looked and plenty of options from Gatwick. Prices are a bit higher now of course. BUT I have found in the past there there is a price hike for 4/5 weeks after flights first come out, but can often bag a bargain just after Easter. I suspect it is driven by the airlines knowing the release of flights creates a bit of a panic so they take advantage!

It is now playing ball. It wasn't letting me click on date earlier. Sat - Sat isnt great Sun - Sun isn't bad.
latest report
@snowhound, I think the policy of waiving any admin fees and only paying for flight fare differences when changing ends on 31.03.22. After that it returns to having to pay admin fees, though not sure what they are
latest report
Was on website 15 minutes after release and the return flight leg INN-LGW was £450 ppn before bags, skisand outward leg was around £80 so £530 ppn Shocked before luggage, skis, seats etc. Think I will charter something for less.
snow report
£1200 for 4 of us to Munich from Gatwick?

You could have got that cheaper with BA or Lufthansa!

I signed up for EasyJet alerts when flights went on sale and didn’t get one. So annoying. Is it always around this time of year and how do you find out about it?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy