Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

val thorens liberty pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi folks i hope that ur all well. looking to visit valthorens again in a couple of weeks and im considering the new liberty ski pass. Does anyone have any knowledge that they can share that might be usefull. id guess we are likely to be pretty high in the daily mileage and lift use estimates. We ski fast all day and i wonder if the liberty pass could run up a hefty bill instead of creating a saving. Im grateful for any assistance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
test
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe I haven't understood your plan but my reading of this https://www.valthorensguide.co.uk/3-valleys-ski-pass-prices.html is that you get 15% off the daily rate - i.e. it wouldn't matter if you took 1 lift per day or 100 - the charge would be the same. Puzzled

During "main season" the daily rate is €66 so if you skied for 6 days it would cost you €337 + the annual €30 fee whereas a 6 day pass at full rate would be €330 NehNeh

So it really is for "locals" who want to ski on days when it suits them throughout the season, provided they ski enough days to save more than €30

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 2-03-22 17:56; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tube
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the reply. However it seems that you have a different understanding than i do. it is my belief that the pass add lifts individually and you then pay for what you use. What i think that you are suggesting is that it just enables another discount to the daily rate. I dont believe thats correct because it woiuld not need to calculate the fess at the end of every day like it does. It could just take a pro forma payment before u ski. The problem seems to be that i dont have any idea how much each lift charges and im not sure how many i use. It seems like a really good idea tbh and perhaps there are cheaper lifts on the mountain. The other problem is if the system is flawed and books a lot of lifts that i didnt use or maybe its set up for the average skiers use in mind. I guess i could just try one day and see what comes off my card. It can be set up to pay other peoples charges too. Im hoping someone might comment who has tried it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rob007, I'm interpreting it the same way as @Yoda. If it was a pay as you go scheme then they would have specified a cost for each lift ascent. I think the phrase 'calculated in the evening' is a bit misleading though, as the only calculation is: 1. has the card been used today? 2. which ski area has it been used in? 3. Is it a Saturday? 4. Is it your 9th day of skiing? Then it charges you the appropriate discount for that day.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

So it really is for "locals" who want to ski on days when it suits them throughout the season, provided they ski enough days to save more than €30

According to les3vallees.com it is cost effective for 8-21 days of use over the season
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks guys. Ive found info that supports ur hypothesis and im gratefull. It seems like a great plan for me because im always worried that buying £600 worth of lift pass would be lost if i get injured or covid or weather etc closes the piste........... heres the info;

If you only ski in your resort, you will be charged the price of the valley / resort day pass.

If you ski in the 3 Valleys, the price of the 3 Vallées day pass will be applied.......
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes it definitely charges per day not per lift.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy