Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alternatives to Gressoney?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

We have planned 2 week trip on 19 March. Flying into Turin, hiring a car and then a week in Gressoney then a week in Val Cenis.

Given the snow situation in Gressoney I wonder if we should look at alternatives for that week? The accommodation we can cancel in Gressoney, But not the flights of Val Cenis.

Any suggestions for somewhere that might be a better bet snow wise but would still fit in with our flights and Val Cenis? The plan is a mixture of day tours and off piste.

Thanks

Ian
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@brownie, Your problem is if snow is scarce in Gressony it will likely be scarce in the environs also. Snow does not just magically appear from nowhere,

You could consider Cervinia - for the best of the touring you will need a guide as the options will be on the glacier.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, with a car and the location of Turin we have scope to goto areas that are in the local environment of Gressoney
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When we had fights to Turin to use (in those heady days of flightpass), we had booked an Easter week in La Thuile. What is that area looking like for snow?

Nb we never made it there due to Covid closing the resort
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickyJ, according to snow-forecast.com La Thuile is a good shout. Otherwise, it looks as if it's a case of driving many hours in the wrong direction for the Tyrol or doubling up around Val Cenis. No first hand knowledge.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from a week in Aosta valley and whilst all the resorts were good for us piste dwellers, the surrounding environments of courmayeur and La Thuile had far more snow cover than Monterosa and Cervinia. I'd say head for La Thuile/La Rossiere
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
La Thuile looks OK to me, but it's a long way from Val Cenis as it's by the wrong tunnel.

What about going somewhere else in the Maurienne Valley for your first week? Les Sybelles, Valloire, Orelle even...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking at the Monterosa webcams and having popped over to Courmayeur last Wednesday, I can't say it looks as though there is any material advantage to being higher up the valley ...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the suggestions Eh oh!

Any thoughts on Montgenevre?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Montgenevre will have the same relative lack of snow as Monterosa Ski. Though it's a larger ski area in general. It really depends what type of skiing you're looking for.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy