Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Noronna Gloves Repair

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone attempted to repair gloves ? I have a pair of Noronna Narvik gloves that I have had for many years (and love) and the goggle wipe material on the thumbs has started to disintegrate, which is allowing water to get in. I was thinking that if I could source the goggle wipe material and take it to one of the high street repair places they might be able to fix them.

Is it worth the effort or is it best to get new gloves and keep them just as winter gloves
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How old are they? Norrona has a 5 year warranty on products which can be increased to 7 years. Also, they have their own repairs service and sell spare/replacement parts so I would start with them. Might not be covered with warranty but they should be able to repair them if you can't
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DrNo wrote:
How old are they? Norrona has a 5 year warranty on products which can be increased to 7 years. Also, they have their own repairs service and sell spare/replacement parts so I would start with them. Might not be covered with warranty but they should be able to repair them if you can't

Well, that’s handy to know. I’ve been patching goretex trousers together with spinnaker tape… Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, I've had 4.5 year old Norrona ski trousers repaired for free under warranty, and found it a pretty quick/easy process. Don't think they did it in-house though; it was a central goretex repair centre.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Its somewhere in Scotland (for UK customers) as they contract it out. I had a split in my 2 ish year old jacket near the hem adjuster which they couldn't repair so I got a voucher for the full RRP of my jacket to spend on their site back in 2020.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have used Scottish Mountain gear in Musselburgh for a number of repairs. I have always been happy with the quality of repairs and its saved n
me from having to replace expensive jackets and salopettes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’ll check with Noronna customer service on the warranty again as they have already said it’s just wear and tear and they can’t help.

Also would help if I could remember how old they are Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Definitely start with Norrona. I ripped my lofoten jacket near the elbow and they fixed it for €45 including postage. The repair is really good, stitched and tapped and completely waterproof. I think it only took around 3 weeks from sending it off to getting it back.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy