Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal ski Fiasco

Poster: A snowHead
I booked in August for myself and wife, two of my daughters and partners. Booked in August, to depart March 13th. Many confirmations later my final ‘amended confirmation’ …I’m apparently off to Sauze d’ouix! A total b***cks. I can only imagine reasons, which they have not given me. Asked for a full refund, so far it seems a £1000 short in the email sent versus the agreed full repayment. Office now closed. Second package holiday in 30 years( due to covid gaurentees) and definitely my last. Unbelievable foul up of the first order.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@twoodwar, where did you think you were going?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, Cervinia Embarassed
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@twoodwar, somewhat cheaper (?) but I think they still have skiing in Sauze d’ouix. Didn’t fancy it?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@twoodwar, have to ask, you are sure it was all previously confirmed for Cervinia?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You are certainly entitled to a full refund if you don't fancy Sauze.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/cancelling-a-package-holiday/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@twoodwar,
Quick question: do you have a Crystal (not a travel agent's) confirmation/invoice for Cervinia? If so and you do not want to go to Sauze (for any reason at all) then you should get a full refund. If all you have is a travel agent's invoice confirming Hotel XYZ in Cervinia, then I wonder if it's Crystal's cock-up or the travel agent's. In this case the travel agent has to grovel exceedingly hard to you and to Crystal (to get three rooms in the same or a similar hotel in Cervinia at shortish notice) without charging you any extra at all.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have a full refund many thanks.( if it turns up- trust is not at an all time high. Do not and never have wanted Sauze. Booked direct in August on Cystals website. Whichever way you look at it it’s their fault. Nothing decent left anywhere at such short notice. 5 months of looking forward to it, up in smoke with pretty much nowhere to go. Fuming does not cover it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@twoodwar, bug. Is there nothing good around to DIY or otherwise? Its not a peak week, is the travel the problem? Even flights to Geneva then work you way from there to somewhere.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@twoodwar, was there no way of of just getting a hefty discount and keeping the trip. At least you'd still be skiing.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd go to Madonna di Campglio if it was an option

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-holidays/packages?airports%5B%5D=LGW%7CLHR%7CLTN%7CSTN&units%5B%5D=000648%3ARESORT&when=13-03-2022&until=&choiceSearch=false&flexibility=true&monthSearch=false&flexibleDays=1&flexibleMonths=&noOfAdults=6&noOfChildren=0&childrenAge=&duration=7115&searchRequestType=ins&searchType=SKI&sp=true&multiSelect=true&room=1%7C2%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C-2%7C2%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C-3%7C2%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C&isVilla=false&reqType=SKI&sortBy=
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nothing left in Cervinia unless £6700 for the week B&b at St Hubris floats your boat. It does not mine or two of my daughters who were coming along with partners. My wife and I will probably finish back in Zermatt. One of my daughters chaps was going to be a first time skier.!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@OTS, never ever going anywhere near Crystal again. Shambolic
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
probably done you a favour you can now ski north of the ridge where they've had snow. try Austria they've had loads
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Mother hucker, +1
@twoodwar, look on the bright side! The conditions in Cervinia are not great at the moment. Austria better right now, you can switch
snow report
Sympathies, @twoodwar. Maybe hang on and keep looking - something good might turn up at the last minute....
snow conditions
@twoodwar, That's a crap situation. Hopefully once the fury has diminished you'll be able to find something that suits you all. There will absolutely be something somewhere suitable and affordable. Good luck and I hope you make it to the slopes!
ski holidays
@twoodwar, I quick search on bookig.com brings up lots and lots of options in Cervinia for your dates.

EasyJet flights from Manchester to Milan are £51 Sat to Sat

I don't think you would have any problem going to Cervinia for those dates.

And that took me a couple of minutes to find, so more research would bring more precise options.

Good luck!
ski holidays
If you get as far as looking for transfers in the Vallee d'Aosta, TRANSFERVALLÉE is part of VITA, the local bus/coach company. https://www.transfervallee.eu/en/
snow report
@Nemisis, Also it is an easy drive, just over 2 hours from Milan Malpensa so hiring a car is an option.
snow conditions
dear twoodwar can't help thinking I would have gone to sauze rather than nothing at all.sauze ok for first timers.been over two years since I last went skiing so I personally would have gone and made the best of a bad situation, hope you get away and have a good time.
ski holidays
@ian mcclure, Or he can rearrange for Cervinia no problem.

I don't know how much he paid for the original package of course. Maybe it was a complete bargain. But I could out together a very good value DIY trip quickly and easily based on availability I see.
snow conditions
Cervinia is an easy DIY, there are always cheap flights to Malpensa, if not Turin. Car hire is usually cheap too and I'm sure there will be somewhere to stay on Booking.com or AirBnb, even cheaper at Valtournenche or further down the valley if you don't mind a drive in the morning. There's a massive free car park at the far end of Cervinia, easy walk to the Cretaz lift and beginner slopes.
latest report
Quote:

I personally would have gone and made the best of a bad situation

I definitely wouldn't. But it does sound as though there are good options.
snow conditions
Many thanks for your input all. We have searched hotels . Com and trip advisor for Cervinia. Will look at booking @zikomo, .
Let you know how we get on!
snow conditions
Look at an apartment plus a series of nice meals out. Cervinia's website might have some good leads. Or phone one of the local accommodation agencies.
latest report
@twoodwar, since one is a first time skier what about Corvara or Colfosco in the dollies.

Also benefit is you can return on sat to VCE and have an evening in Venice then fly back on Sunday.
snow report
@twoodwar, Try speaking to these people. https://www.immobiliaresangrato.it/affitto-cervinia/

We rented an apartment 3-4 years ago in Cervinia through AirBnB and it was managed by these people who are a rental agent in the heart of Cervinia. I would imagine they have some great solutions for you.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@GlasgowCyclops, thought of pretty much all the options having booked ski holidays for over 40 years. None a package in the last 25!
Now I remember why
snow report
never had any problem with Crystal myself. What reason did crystal give for the enforced change?
snow report
Kids on air bnb
snow report
Why not book somewhere in the northern french alps for that week eg Les Arcs or Flaine?

If train is an option you could get a package to Les Arcs through travel ski including the direct eurostar. If driving is an option you could book either resort through ski collection including eurotunnel flexiplus. (Or book the latter accommodation only with your own flights)
ski holidays
Did you get on the phone to Crystal? How did they explain the change?
ski holidays
When I first saw this thread title I wondered if Fiasco was a minor resort in the Dolomites.
snow report
pam w wrote:
When I first saw this thread title I wondered if Fiasco was a minor resort in the Dolomites.

Linked to Inferno? snowHead
snow conditions
twoodwar wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, thought of pretty much all the options having booked ski holidays for over 40 years. None a package in the last 25!
Now I remember why

Yep I've had one package holiday 12 years ago and the one before that was 20 years ago.

I just book things myself as well
snow conditions
Quote:

Linked to Inferno?

And Pericolo
latest report
In defence of Crystal I’ve used them several times and they’ve always been great. Cheaper than going direct to the hotel we go to (even the hotel owner said it was probably easier for us to book with them. He was selling the rooms either way)
snow report
@Lozza1uk, I hope everyone else has this experience, however@JimboS, I made around 6 calls to them. The only good part is I got through. They said the rooms are not now available. I explained I booked in August. Who pinched them?
Reading between the lines it was too good a deal. We bought when Crystal and the market was in peak covid. We are now out, demand picks up, and I believe our rooms have been re sold either by Crystal, or the Hotel or both for much more. They hid behind terms and conditions, and effectively ruined a much looked forward to holiday.
I have though spent 7 hours today online and on the phone directly to Cervinia hotels and succeeded. We now have a good hotel backing on to our original choice the Europa, by the Cretaz lifts. We should have circa £60 each surplus from our Crystal booking;(when I get the money back), but we are now short of evening meals and an International lift pass each. Needless to say £60 does not cover this. Suspect around £500 a head extra to be spent for the 6 of us.
It helps I am retired, otherwise it would have proved pretty impossible.
Thanks again to all for interest and support, my two youngest daughters and partners owe me and my wife a nice drink snowHead
snow report
Hope you have a fabulous time, will be worth the stress when you get there I’m sure!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy