Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GripWalk boots / bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,
I have a pair of Lange Alpine boots and have just bought a pair of skis with GripWalk bindings. Are they compatible, and - if so - what differences might need to be made in the fitting / bindings adjustments compared with a standard alpine binding?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Normal alpine boots work fine with Gripwalk bindings. No differences.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@telford_mike,
Think the afd height may be a bit different between gripwalk and din. Do all gripwalk bindings now have adjustable afd height?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stuarth, Mine (Salomon) do. But with a new binding you'd be adjusting that on a normal binding (if present) anyway. So it’s the same setup routine - toe height, forward pressure etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stuarth wrote:
@telford_mike,
Think the afd height may be a bit different between gripwalk and din. Do all gripwalk bindings now have adjustable afd height?

The AFD height is the same for both, it's just that an alpine sole will sit on the top ridege of the AFD whereas a GW sole will sit on the sloping portion.

Some toe bindings, due to their mechanism or the requirement to fit other soles, have manual height adjustment whereas others have auto height adjustment. There's more on the market that are auto than manual.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the comments; much appreciated for all.
Should the bindings settings be slightly lower DIN than normal, or exactly the same?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the same.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A further question about GripWalk bindings- is it safe to use them with traditional Vibram soled touring boots? The boots fit into the bindings securely and can be knocked out with a fist but I have my doubts about the safety of this combination.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
john2 wrote:
A further question about GripWalk bindings- is it safe to use them with traditional Vibram soled touring boots? The boots fit into the bindings securely and can be knocked out with a fist but I have my doubts about the safety of this combination.

It's not safe to do that is the official answer from a liability point of view. In practice it actually depends upon the specific combination of make/model of binding and the make/model of boot. You'd need a binding that has a sliding AFD and the boot binding combo would need to pass the 0.5mm AFD height feeler gauge test and not have any other part of the sole contact the binding etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy