Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia and Zermatt - accepting cash?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m going to Cervinia in a few weeks. Does anyone know whether local businesses, E.g. ticket office, restaurants and shops, still accepts cash these days?

I usually get ski pass directly from the ticket office. However, I have noticed that on their website there is a message suggesting online booking this year. Does anyone know whether their office near the Cretaz area still open and whether they accept cash?

Finally, I’m planning to go over to Zermatt at some point. Does anyone know whether we need to fill in the passenger locator form to cross to the Swiss side for a day trip?

Many thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just back from there. No problems with cash in mountain restaurants and shops (or cards).

Don't know about cash and the ticket office, I booked online which was easy and could pick up from a machine outside the main ticket office. Cretaz hut was open but only one window open most days - main ticket office is on the bottom level at the Plan Maison gondolas.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DidierCouch wrote:
Just back from there. No problems with cash in mountain restaurants and shops (or cards).

Don't know about cash and the ticket office, I booked online which was easy and could pick up from a machine outside the main ticket office. Cretaz hut was open but only one window open most days - main ticket office is on the bottom level at the Plan Maison gondolas.

Thank you DidierCouch. Great to know that most business still accepts cash. Did you get a chance to go to Zermatt? Do you by any chance know if we need to fill in the passenger locator form for crossing the boarders this way?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is there still a PLF to enter Switzerland? This appears to say not:

http://bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

"Currently you do not have to fill out an entry form for entry to Switzerland.

It is the list of countries with a variant of concern that determines whether you have to complete an entry form. Since there are currently no countries or areas on this list, until further notice people arriving can enter Switzerland without an entry form."

We only briefly entered Switzerland, to ski down to the start of the Ventina or to ski out over Theodulspass.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DidierCouch wrote:
Is there still a PLF to enter Switzerland? This appears to say not:

http://bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

"Currently you do not have to fill out an entry form for entry to Switzerland.

It is the list of countries with a variant of concern that determines whether you have to complete an entry form. Since there are currently no countries or areas on this list, until further notice people arriving can enter Switzerland without an entry form."

We only briefly entered Switzerland, to ski down to the start of the Ventina or to ski out over Theodulspass.

That’s great to know. It must be old outdated information that I read before. Thank you DidierCouch!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As a follow up to this, can you still purchase lift passes in person at the lifts? Have they got any covid precautions still.?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@twoodwar, yes. What do you mean by covid precautions?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@twoodwar when we were there in January, you could buy in person from the ticket office near the Cretaz lifts. Alternatively our hotel reception was also able to sell them, useful if you have purchased the Cervinia area pass and which to upgrade for a day to Zermatt
Enjoy your time in Cervinia, it has been a stressful week for you and your family Eh oh!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Debbie0312 wrote:
@twoodwar when we were there in January, you could buy in person from the ticket office near the Cretaz lifts. Alternatively our hotel reception was also able to sell them, useful if you have purchased the Cervinia area pass and wish to upgrade for a day to Zermatt
Enjoy your time in Cervinia, it has been a stressful week for you and your family Eh oh!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy