Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French School Holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody have the dates for these yet for 2006 - 2007?

The website I normally look at is only showing this years dates at the moment. Want to get booked up, & miss the French hols! Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you look at the french education site http://www.education.gouv.fr/prat/calendrier/calendrier.php that will give you all dates - it's in french but pretty easy to follow Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks fedbet,

Looks like French half-terms later than usual in 2007!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
geri wrote:
Thanks fedbet,

Looks like French half-terms later than usual in 2007!

Zone A, which includes Paris seems to start on 4 Feb.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, Where do you get that? Its when I expected it, but on fedbets site it looks like zone A is 10th Feb.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
geri, oops, sorry! I was looking at 2006 not 2007 Embarassed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk, Thanks - thought I was having a moment there! Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great, same time as us again Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markw, there is always some overlap.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

there is always some overlap.

there is always an overlap with one or other of the French zones, as their hols are spread over four weeks. Next season, with Easter a bit earlier than this year, the beginning of the Easter holidays could be a better bet, as the French don't seem to ski en masse at Easter. Early April should be pretty good for snow in many places, and the long light days are a delight. We are stuck with France as our apartment is in a French resort (we vacate it for the four weeks of half term....) but I gather that other countries don't suffer such a lemming like rush, so for people who are stuck with school holiday dates, there are probably better places in Austria, or Switzerland? If anyone know of such places maybe they could post about them (or maybe they would want to keep them for themselves). Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Nice/Marseille/Monaco winter holidays don't clash with the UK half-terms next season so the southern French Alps (Val d'Allos, Isola and Auron being the biggest resorts and which can only sensibly be accessed from the south) will be far quieter than the northern French Alps.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have found a really good calendar of French school holidays in this website
www.mysnowsports.com
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, it's such a drag having an apartment in France wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont wrote:

agreed Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, just waiting for the Tesco clubcard vouchers to book the eurotunnel. Very Happy Very Happy . If only I could use them for the frequent user thingy.
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
Helen Beaumont wrote:

...I've got all that ahead of me - still waiting for the green light from HR!
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Did you see I've got a Telepeage box now, Im using it next week and will post how I got on with it. snowHead

ps. Have bought an X trail as our other car! That'll be the third we've had Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:
Helen Beaumont wrote:

...I've got all that ahead of me - still waiting for the green light from HR!

Some people are very very lucky Toofy Grin
ski holidays
boredsurfin, yeah, Alsaciennes! wink snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, Should that be Alsations ? wink
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Don't start that France is going to the dogs thread again Laughing
latest report
boredsurfin ket me know if it's worth it.
ski holidays
for quick reference

christmas holidays this year are starting 23rd and finishing 8th

forget feb after the 10th and into the first week of march as that is when all the schools are off for two weeks and they all overlap.

that pretty much covers all you'd need to know
snow report
snowangel., w/c 10 and 17 Feb will be fine down in the southern French Alps as the local schools aren't on holiday then and it's too far to drive down from the places that are on holiday.

Not sure when the Italian school holidays are - they don't impact us up in the Val d'Allos but might add slightly to numbers in Isola.
latest report
Quote:

Some people are very very lucky

Yes, agreed, we are, despite having to make ourselves scarce during the French school hols! We do "swaps" during that period with other apartment-owners who need the holiday weeks for family groups, then borrow theirs in low season, when they can't rent them too easily. No money changes hands, no tax, no hassle.

But it's not entirely luck. Planning comes into it! We're not particularly well-off, but took early retirement and make snow sports expenditure our priority. With no kids living at home now we have converted a room to a bed-sit for a lodger whose rent pays the mortgage on our apartment. I bet our 3 months ski-ing each year costs us less than some people spend on a fancy holiday in a rip-off resort and a full set of expensive new gear. The season lift passes, bought early at discount prices, cost about the same as a not-very-expensive new ski jacket.
Plus we get super cheap long mountain holidays in the spring, summer and autumn. Plus the apartment is appreciating fast in value, not that our kids and grand-kids are ever going to let us sell it!
snow conditions
pam w, for me it was purely a case of being in the right place at the right time, and being honest.
latest report
Why do you want to know the school holiday dates? are you going to rob the empty schools!? Shocked
ski holidays
all this talk of french holidays.. imagine how they feel when they realise they have inadvertantly booked to go in the u.k. feb half term!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy