Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

317mm boot, 315mm or 320mm binding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So i had to buy new boots at 317mm. However bindings (Device 310, made in 2004 so not part of the known recall) only adjust in 5mm increments.
1) I tried 315mm for both front and rear, boot locks in binding, but very tightly.
2) I tried 320mm for both, boot feels lose, and slightly moves inside the locked binding.
3) I have set it to 320mm rear and 315mm front, feels snug but best than the other two options.

However, I had a (smooth) crash the other day, the bindings did not release (glad they didn't as I was on a black slope and managed to stand right back up after 10 seconds contemplating what I did wrong to fall in the first place), but this got me worried that maybe they should have?
Like I said, it wasnt a painful / stressful crash, so maybe bindings did not need to release. This a description of the crash: as I was parallel turning (fast), one of my legs may have given out due to tiredness (last run of the day, after 5 hours) or I may have turned/leaned in too much. Ended up sliding out/sitting sideways on the slope then laying flat - face up, head facing bottom of the mountain and legs with skis attacked pointing towards the mountain top.

This got me worried so today I spend 2 hours readjusting toe (to the 0.5mm thickness / paper / card trick) and heel settings (screw flush with plastic part), they did need some adjustments. Left DIN at 5 (normal for me is 6).

So what you guys recommend about the binding length setting?

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello, @brainii, first of all welcome to snowheads snowHead

The 'techie' questions on the title of this forum refers to the forum tech, really. I suggest you repost your question in 'Equipment Reviews/Questions. spyderjon lives and breathes bindings, so hopefully he will be able to help you - and there are also others more knowledgable than I.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=44181
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1) get more modern bindings.
2) regardless of (1) the missing component in your setup is forward pressure on the binding at the heel , usually there is some sort of indicator on the heel piece.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
reposted under equipment. how do i delete from here?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brainii wrote:
reposted under equipment. how do i delete from here?

You can't, but don't worry about it.
New post is here
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy