Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fairly rapid MRI near the 3 Valleys?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just to try to pick some brains. My wife needs an MRI of her knee. Dr in Meribel gave us a prescription for an MRI and the phone number of an MRI centre in Albertville... the MRI centre have responded with the earliest appointment being in JUNE! Does anyone know which MRI centres in Savoie or not too far away are able to do an MRI in a few days rather than a few months?! Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd ask the tourist office. The office in Les Saisies was very helpful when I needed a dentist - on a Saturday!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would go back to the doctor.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know Bourg St Maurice hospital has an MRI we just turned up at a&e there. Pre Covid so may be different now...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rjj501, or let me google that for you?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=savoie+centre+imagerie+irm

May be a step for a hint? Otherwise see if www.doctolib.fr lists IRMs.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I contacted multiple centres on the 4th of February, including Albertville, and mostly got dates for 2nd week of March.

GIE imagerie médicale de Savoie
Site de Maché
2, place St Pierre de Maché- Chambéry

Grésivaudan IRM

IRM revard

They say to call often to get a cancellation spot.
In the end I have an IRM next Wednesday, but it will be in Belgium so not of help here.

Good luck!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JulieAimeLeSki, thanks for the info! Having called every IRM I can find, I've mostly been offered late March RDVs. Sadly there doesn't seem to be that magic IRM facility in Savoie which has availability in the next week or so, annoyingly. However, we've managed to find an RDV some distance away for next week through a friend of a friend which is a relief, but also a 6 hour round trip...! rolling eyes

@boredsurfin, that's good to know! Covid may have changed things as you say, but good tip! Thanks

@under a new name, thanks for that. Finding a list of IRMs isn't too difficult. What I was looking for was a recommendation from someone who was able to say "Ah, yes, I managed to get into this IRM with 3 days notice." ...rather than just a list of fully booked IRMs from Google. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rjj501, always a pleasure to help.

I am slightly surprised that it's so tricky, but I haven't tried to get an MR in France so recently. Good luck.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wonder how this would compare to trying to get an MRI, in the UK? It might cost quite a lot privately and there'd be a long list on the national health. I had a knee MRI privately, which wasn't expensive (few hundred pounds, from memory) but to get the best value I had to go up to London, from Chichester.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My Mum needed an MRI after breaking her ankle on SFaB (Val Thorens). She was sent of same day to Albertville for it. We were also impressed by how much it cost (as in it was a lot cheaper than I had recently paid in UK for an MRI at the time). Suspect it is covid that is main cause. However being there in April may have also made a difference
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@pam w, also vs Switzerland where OP would have been sent immediately.

It makes me wonder about the French triaging of such things? Or is that centre just really busy?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rjj501, I needed an MRI of my knee from a last day injury a few years ago, went privately when I got back to the UK as my knee was stabilised and I had painkillers. The folks at GVA Airport were helpful with wheelchairs and a lift up to the plane door. I managed to claim some of it back on travel insurance too. Could waiting til you gey back to the UK be an option?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Non-urgent cases will wait ages for fairly routine diagnostics in the NHS at the moment. I was sent for cardiac MRI but was advised by the outpatients clinic that the waiting list locally was quite long and it was quicker to go up to St Thomas's, which I did.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy