Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any hope for off-piste skiing in the Dolomites this March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The snow has been pretty sparse this season and while the recent snowfall helped, I'm sure coverage remains very thin off-piste. Any of you veterans care to guess what the chances are of a good ski down Val Mesdi in mid-March? Thanks in advance!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Francesco seems to be finding it

https://instagram.com/proguide?utm_medium=copy_link
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mike Pow, I love his book. Thanks!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Val Mesdi is currently full of huge rocks and you would need to take off your skis in some places (eg the steep bit at the end to get out of it). Not sure if the steep bit at the start has any snow. Unless they get a big fall I'd say there will be almost nothing to ski off piste as the narrow couloirs are so rocky. Enormous rock-hard sastrugi off piste on the top half of the Marmolada Glacier. We had to transfer with our guide to Austria.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowball, thanks for the update. I figured as much. I'll be in the Dolomites in a little over a week. Looks like on-piste it is.

Where did you go in Austria and how was it?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hintertux and it was epic Very Happy

I'm sure you could ski some of the steeper lines in spring snow conditions; other than the almost total lack of snow, the other issue we had on the day we skied off piste was the low temperature and hence snow hardness. You wouldn't want to be taking a fall anywhere remotely steep...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowball and I were on the same trip, in case it seems weird me posting out of nowhere!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy