Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Val Claret - good places to eat with kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to VC at end of March and haven't been there for some time. Have a 13 and 14 year old so self catering but fancy a couple of evening meals out and tend to steer towards French food rather than Italian. Any recommendations? Would rather try to keep to Val C but no bother to catch the bus I guess. Couple of venues that stick out already are Aspen in Val Claret (salads look good and decent price) and Loop Bar in Le Lac (burgers). We'll be overnighting in Bourg on the way back so saving a (cheaper) pierrade for that.

One other thing - I love stinky cheese but don't know if you can ever get raclette for 1 person or whether it's always minimum of 2 (so I'd have to twist hubbie's arm whilst the kids sit there pinching their noses - or perhaps they could just wear FFP2 masks........). Thanks!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kettonskimum, loop better for lunch with kids, IMHO. It is a proper bar with happy hour and full of seasonnaires in the evening. Great burgers though
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kettonskimum, The best thread for your question is linked below, lots of people who frequent Tignes, some who live there post on this one - you will get decent recommendations there.

p.s. Agree with @holidayloverxx, Loop not the best "family" dinner place - everyone will be trollied !

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4933826#4933826
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kettonskimum, A good suggestion from @GreenDay, put your question in the Tignes snow report thread.

Someone may be able to correct me but I didn't think that the Aspen was open in the evening. It's renowned for burgers and milkshakes. Generous portions too. A salad in there is kinda missing the point wink .

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:9&tbm=lcl&q=val+claret+restaurants&rflfq=1&num=10&biw=1366&bih=657&dpr=1#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:[[45.458326258100534,6.90609815083314],[45.45454832829364,6.895948671920786],null,[45.456437324835505,6.901023411376963],17]

There's quite a few resto's in Val C but it's a while since I was in any of them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would have said Le Dahu as it was brilliant a few years ago.
But I went there in December 2021 and it just was not the same.
I dont know if it changed hands or they were down on their knees after the long struggle of the Pandemic
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all - will re-post in more targeted thread!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy