Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private Lesson Snow Centre Hemel Hempstead Pls?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
Some years back I found a great guy that gave my son 1:1 snowboarding lessons at The Snow Centre, Hemel Hempstead. We found him so much better than the in-house instructors that were a bit 'cattle-market'. Unfortunately I've lost his details. I'm now looking for a couple of 1:1 SKI lessons for my adult daughter before she hits the slopes in March.. Can anyone help/ advise please?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If intermediate level or above then use Ski Focus or Ski Definition.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, Level 5 ..
Will Enquire..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oooh, I always thought private instruction wasn't allowed.

I'll keep my eyes on this!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickYoung, it is allowed. The instructor needs to be Level 3 or above, and has to have permission from the centre/has to pay a yearly fee to teach.

That's my understanding of it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dont these guys do privates at Hemel

https://www.insideoutskiing.com/

I think there used to be a bit of a discount for SHs and the owner is a SH too? @rob@rar, or something?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
can vouch for rob@rar who is an excellent instructor - lessons at Hemel are expensive, though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes Rob is very good and so is Stuart Bernard if looking for a licensed ‘external’ instructor there yes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks guys, @rob@rar insideoutskiing.com is f/b until 8/3 .. daughter leaves for trip 5/3.
.. same situation with Ski Definition and Ski Focus.

Should have booked earlier Sad

Any other instructor names welcomed.. Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Save yourself the hassle and just get some privates in the resort. Better value as well all things considered.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Agree with your comment there Ster.. it's just it's been very many years since my daughter touched the snow on skis, she's taking the trip with another family and a couple of hours of refresher would boost her confidence enabling her to enjoy from the off Very Happy Plus she's been learning (weekly) on the dry slope which is quite a different experience to the (almost) real thing. Or so they say.. I can not (sadly!) ski Crying or Very sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Latlum, there has been years between some of my trips and it all comes back pretty quickly. And if shes been learning on a dry slope I suspect she’s been learning excellent technique and will find real snow easy.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ster sounds good Little Angel
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Latlum, try contacting Dan or Pete Gillespie. Pete runs the ski school there, not sure if he teaches private lessons, and Dan his son, might well do private lessons, assuming he's not out in Verbier this winter.

Pete's website:

https://alpinecoaching.eu/#intro
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

if shes been learning on a dry slope I suspect she’s been learning excellent technique and will find real snow easy

So true. Dry slope skiing is really hard - good for her for doing it. But yes, a private lesson in resort would be a great introduction to the holiday. If that could be first thing, it would give her an immediate focus for her first day, which can be a bit intimidating, especially if the weather is dodgy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy