Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Escape from Saalbaach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, I came, I skiid, I got covid, I got trapped in Saalbach!
Do you know how difficult it is to do 10k steps a day in a 30 foot room? I do. (333 figure of eights btw). Happy
I expect to get my release papers either Thursday or Friday and try to a flight back from Salzburg to the UK (if there are any seats!) on Friday 18th or Sat 19th. All very last minute. and I dont know yet what day it will be. The challenge being my ski group all buggered off last Saturday. I am self booked rather than package. Has anyone got a spare seat in a taxi/ minibus heading to Salzburg airport on either of these days? Happy to pay my contribution.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bus / train = lots of info in the saalbach thread
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, looking at that at the moment. Just thought I would also try this option.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rtfm, can I ask a couple of questions?

How long have you been in quarantine for?
What do you need to do to escape? A test or pass a date?
How did the Austrian authorities know you were positive?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had tested negative last Wednesday midday. Then positive on Thursday morning. I did this as had not been feeling great for a couple of days and was really rough by Thursday. Pretty much knew I had it anyhoo. As I had significant and obvious symptoms I notified the hotel and contacted 1450 who arranged a test. I was required to self isolate from then. The main issue came with the PCR test they did. That was done on Saturday as they sent the Red Cross to my hotel to do it. Effectively I have lost an extra 2 days in the process due to this. From the date of the positive test there is minimum 5 days isolation. They send a formal isolation order and notify the local police. On the 5th day they set up a further PCR. This must come back with a CT equal to or greater than 30. You must send this result by email to the contact email that is provided along with an email confirming you have had no symptoms for 48 hrs or more. After which you are free to go. Otherwise you have to complete a 10 day isolation. Its a fekkin' nightmare!
Why did I self test and report? I had significant and obvious symptoms. I was also traveling with some who have not had it before and I was concerned for them and the hotel staff. (I also had it a coule of years ago). It is not always about us. Would I self report again? Probably not if my symptoms had been milder. Hope this helps.
On the good side - I finally did the No.1 black before I was locked down! Twice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rtfm, thanks for all of the info, it's interesting to hear what sort of rules they have for getting released.
Sounds like you had a rough time of it.

Good luck on getting out on time and enjoy that feeling of escape!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks. Getting stir crazy here and nearly out of Jeager.... Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rtfm, sounds grim. Very sorry to hear your story, but well done for doing the right thing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rtfm, my friends and I had 16 nights of quarantine in Austria in March 2020 and the absolute joy of walking around outside when we were released was amazing.
We were stuck in various quarantine centres, thankfully the Austrian Red Cross kept us stocked up with Steigl and Jager!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm sorry to hear about this but also glad you're on the road to recovery - Mrs F, our eldest and I were in the same position in Cyprus over October HT. Try isolating with your wife and teenage son in a hotel room Toofy Grin . Massive kudos for doing the right thing too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jagerbull. 16 nights and they kept you topped up? Lucky. My hotel was very good but now I am being moved to Salzburg to a quarantine hotel. My 5 day test was below the required threshold so I am now stuck until Wednesday. But at least I have got to Salzburg! I've step closer to home. Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rtfm, sorry to hear you didn't escape yet.
Hope your new accommodation isn't too bad.
At least you won't have too far to get your flight home.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy