Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski clubs in Manchester - competition?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My second post of the day - anyone would think I was getting excited about heading to the mountains the week after next.

I was wondering if anyone knew much about the ski clubs in Manchester around the Chill Factore?

There seems to be two:

Ski Club Of Manchester: https://www.scom.org.uk

Manchester Ski Racing: https://www.manchesterskiracing.co.uk/

And I'm sure that their members must be here.

I've been skiing for 37 years, but this has just been the annual trip to the alps. Even though I've lived just a few miles from the chill factore since it opened, I've only ever been on the slope once - I'll confess I thought it was a bit of a novelty.

But with a bit more time on my hands these days, having just moved away from a very stressful job, I'm interested in chasing my hobbies a little more and have been thinking about taking more of an advantage of the snow on my doorstep.

I've never been in a club, for anything let alone skiing, and wondered if it would be worth pursuing. My main interest nowadays is technique - I seem to have gotten lazy in the 25 years since my last ESF classes and while speed has never been an issue - my skiing could be prettier.

I really wondered if there was any sort of competition and competition training that would be open to someone approaching 40 and thought that a club might be a good route for that. I know that I'm decades past being 'competitive' but would still love to really see what I could do against the clock. I'm in the process of signing up the the BASI Level 1 programme at the moment too.

Any pointers are very welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gasket, There are several adults who train with Manchester Ski Racing, it isn't cheap though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@gasket, My first thought was Rossendale race club, but it is a few miles north of Manchester.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy