Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone had success with a French pharmacie granting a passe sanitaire for over 12s?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Been a lot of mixed messages about pharmacies in France granting a passe sanitaire to over 12s from the UK who are single jabbed and recovered. Saw posts pre Christmas of some pharmacies helping, but others holding the line that French rules don't allow this to happen unless your proof of recovery includes a QR code.

Think a lot of people have been contacting pharmacies recently to pre-empt Feb HT. But wondered if anyone could post successes/failures to enlighten us?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I emailed pharmacy in Les Gets today, they were very helpful but sounds like things could change,they said …
Bonjour,

As you can understand the rules are constantly changing in France and the UK, it is hard to keep up with the latest information.
For the moment the « pass vaccinal » has not yet been approved by the French government and the « pass sanitaire » is still in place.

This means that for the moment (19/01/22) to come into France from the UK all people of 12 years old and above need to have a negative test of no more then 24hr old to enter the country.
Once in France everyone of the age 12 and above needs to have a health pass to access certain areas such as restaurants and the ski-lifts. If they are not fully vaccinated (2 doses) or have a proof of recovery from covid (no older then 6 months with a scannable QR-code) they can still do an Antigen-lateral flow test at the pharmacy which is valid for 24hrs and costs 25,01€. You can get tested everyday at the pharmacy without reservation from 9am-12pm and 2:30pm - 6:30pm and Sundays from 9,30am-12pm and 2Neh Nehm - 6pm.

However depending if the « pass vaccinal » will be approved by the gouvernment a negative lateral-flow tests will no longer by accepted and all people of the age of 18 and above need to be fully vaccinated or have had covid in the last 6 months with proof through a scannable QR-code. Children of the age of 12-17 will still qualify under the current rules of the health pass. (Vaccinated 2 doses, recovering, or negative test). We hope to have some more information regarding the pass vaccinal within the next week.

We try our best to keep the covid-19 page on our website updated with the latest information. https://www.lesgets.com/en/covid-19/

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email.

Kind regards,

Janneke Van Der Linden
Conseillère en séjour
lesgets@lesgets.com

Les Gets Tourisme
89 Route du Front de neige
74260 LES GETS
Tél. : +33 (0)4.50.74.74.74
visuel signature

Avez-vous vraiment besoin d'imprimer ce mail ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just can’t seem to get a QR code for recovery Eh oh!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm in the same boat - hoping something changes before we head out for 1/2 term - otherwise it's daily testing which I've booked at the main pharmacy

I've got my sons proof of vaccination and recovery letter so plan to take that with me and ask in person to see if that gets a less formal response Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are u going to Les Gets?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is there any way to get a QR recovery code for a 12 year old in the UK ? My host in Avoriaz is saying the Pharmacy will need a code but I can't seem to get one ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The information about getting a QR code from a pharmacy is here:

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/le-ministere-et-son-reseau/actualites-du-ministere/informations-coronavirus-covid-19/demande-de-passe-sanitaire-en-cas-de-vaccination-a-l-etranger-procedure-pour-64244/

I don't think you need a QR code, just documented proof. (If you had a QR code that's scannable in TAC then you could use that and wouldn't need to involve a pharmacy at all). The problem you may have is that it says people vaccinated in the UK are not eligible for this service. It does sound like some people have been successful, though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Think I will take my NHS emails showing the positive tests for both teenagers and hope for the best Eh oh! Eh oh! . If we have to test daily, so be it! x
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Think I will take my NHS emails showing the positive tests for both teenagers and hope for the best Eh oh! Eh oh! . If we have to test daily, so be it! x
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can you take a teenager into France from the UK at all if they are 1 dose + recovered? Looking at the rules it seems that you need a compelling reason and you need to isolate. It's a bit vague around minors following the status of accompanying adults though.

My daughter tested positive today, on the morning she was due for her 2nd dose. We're due to go to Les Deux Alpes Feb half term and there's not enough time now for her to recover, wait 4 weeks between doses and then get jabbed again 7 days before flying. Sad Trying to figure out whether we'll be able to to go.

I would leave her behind but she'd never forgive me Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Honestly, the French are rather inconsistent with asking for the pass. You could get away with only testing on day one and quickly buying your skipass (they don't check it on the mountain) and scoping out different bars and restaurants to map out which ones don't ask for a pass. Downside is you'll be limited to spending your money at bars and restaurants run/staffed by antivax idiots... Confused
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Can you take a teenager into France from the UK at all if they are 1 dose + recovered? Looking at the rules it seems that you need a compelling reason and you need to isolate. It's a bit vague around minors following the status of accompanying adults though.

Quote:

My daughter tested positive today, on the morning she was due for her 2nd dose.

Argh, how unlucky. For travel to France teens (12-17 year olds) adopt the same vaccination status as their parents. So that's more about you than them.

However, in France you need her to have a Passe Sanitaire. My view is, if you can take proof of recovery and vaccination then take and see if a pharmacie will grant you the Passe based on your evidence. However, be prepared to test daily.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clived wrote:

My daughter tested positive today, on the morning she was due for her 2nd dose. We're due to go to Les Deux Alpes Feb half term and there's not enough time now for her to recover, wait 4 weeks between doses and then get jabbed again 7 days before flying. Sad Trying to figure out whether we'll be able to to go.

I would leave her behind but she'd never forgive me Toofy Grin

if your daughter is under 16 the gap between having covid and the second dose is 12 weeks, its 4 weeks for adults
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-vaccine-response-to-the-omicron-variant-jcvi-advice/jcvi-advice-on-the-uk-vaccine-response-to-the-omicron-variant

Try this
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Does anyone know why you cannot obtain a QR code for recovered teens? It would save a lot of people a lot of hassle.
snow report
Thanks all. So it looks like we can go but will most likely have to test (and pay) every day. Not great, but definitely a first world problem Happy
snow conditions
Not that I'm endorsing this.....but I wondered....if you have one double vacc'd child and one single vacc'd....and you used the NHS letter for the double vacc'd child to get a French TAC, what would happen if you gave the other child (single vacc'd) the hard copy of the letter to use/blag and avoid testing.

Slightly unethical (although I've heard worse ideas). My kids will be 13 and 14 when it comes to skiing. Same height. Not sure if they will request ID. Assume the QR codes will be scanned but doesn't that just throw up the same info? You could cover your bets by splitting up in the lift queue.

Was just going through my mind......
snow report
Kettonskimum1971 wrote:
Not that I'm endorsing this.....but I wondered....if you have one double vacc'd child and one single vacc'd....and you used the NHS letter for the double vacc'd child to get a French TAC, what would happen if you gave the other child (single vacc'd) the hard copy of the letter to use/blag and avoid testing.

Slightly unethical (although I've heard worse ideas). My kids will be 13 and 14 when it comes to skiing. Same height. Not sure if they will request ID. Assume the QR codes will be scanned but doesn't that just throw up the same info? You could cover your bets by splitting up in the lift queue.

Was just going through my mind......

Depends how brave you are….. Taken from the upcoming new rules…..Presenting a pass belonging to someone else and passing on a pass to someone else to be used fraudulently will now be an offense punishable by a fixed fine of 1,000 euros for the first offence, compared with the current 135 euros.
snow report
Busymum wrote:
Are u going to Les Gets?

Morzine - at the moment resigned to daily test - have booked them in with the main pharmacy - hoping that by the time 1/2 term comes around the rules may have changed again.
latest report
Trouble is...I've seen it in writing that the Passe Sanitaire (kids) and Passe Vaccinale (adults) will be put into place with an end date of 31 July. Obviously this could be squashed earlier (and obviously for the summer holidays) but I can't see it changing for a few months at least.
snow report
My GP has today done me a letter with names, covid positive dates and single vaccination dates too. If this isn't enough.... daily testing commence!
ski holidays
I think that is the only way to go. Take as much evidence as possible but know the reality may be daily testing. Just mind you don't have to book those in advance as it's worth doing now just in case and you can cancel. Rather that than not get an appointment.
latest report
Spoke to Les gets pharmacy... walk in service, no appointments needed. Got everything crossed x
snow report
The pharmacies in St Gervais have said they will grant my 12 yr old son one. I emailed them in French telling them he had COVID a pcr result and a single jab and asking them if it is possible. So I would email local pharmacies.
snow conditions
I'll do this, thanks
latest report
I have emailed (in French) the local pharmacy to me in the French Alps for our holiday. They will issue my son with a Pass sanitaire/vaccine pass for 36 Euros. My 12 year old son has had one vaccination and he has also had Covid. We have details of the jab from the GP and a letter saying he has had Covid and recovered, we have the positive PCR test result and another LFT test proving recovery. I will be emailing them the documents and collecting the pass in resort. If you have not already done so email your local pharmacies. If we can get a QR code from the NHS app then brilliant and that will simplify things, but if not you could be able to get a pass from the local pharmacy.
snow conditions
Great, thanks for the info
ski holidays
Hi JayDub & Busymum

How did you get the letter saying he had recovered? The only evidence I have is the email from NHS Covid Notification stating the PCR test was positive (on 24th October)? Our GP can't provide a letter. We don't have proof of recovery unless you count the text message showing LFT was negative?
He had his first jab last weekend (having to wait 12 weeks from having Covid). We're due to go to Morzine on 20th Feb so it would be a lot cheaper not to have to test everyday and we'd happily pay the pharmacy to issue the code required.

Thanks
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mo Fitz wrote:
Hi JayDub & Busymum

How did you get the letter saying he had recovered? The only evidence I have is the email from NHS Covid Notification stating the PCR test was positive (on 24th October)? Our GP can't provide a letter. We don't have proof of recovery unless you count the text message showing LFT was negative?
He had his first jab last weekend (having to wait 12 weeks from having Covid). We're due to go to Morzine on 20th Feb so it would be a lot cheaper not to have to test everyday and we'd happily pay the pharmacy to issue the code required.

Thanks

You can get private covid recovery certificates

https://travel.livingcare.co.uk/product/covid-recovery-certificate/
snow report
@Mo Fitz, well the £30 letter from the gp is actually useless upon inspection. This is what I emailed to the pharmacy (in French) and they have offered us a pass on receipt of emailed documents:

‘ Would it please be possible for you to issue a Pass Sanitaire for my 12 year old son. We are from the UK and we are staying in ……….. arriving on 12-2-22 . My son has had a single vaccine and he has previously had Covid. We have copies of the vaccine details from the doctor, positive pcr test result record and record of negative test from later on. We would really appreciate of you could provide a Pass Sanitaire.

Thank you for your time.’

So the letter from the gp is rubbish but what I detailed above is pretty comprehensive. We hassled the gp for vaccine details and told them they were wrong when they referenced nhs 119. I hope this helps.
snow conditions
From nhs

In addition, we have continued to develop digital options to facilitate travel for eligible
children, From 3 February. 12 to 15-year-olds will be able to use the NHS App and
www.nhs.uk to access their NHS COVID Pass. This will include their COVID-19
vaccinations, and evidence of natural imnunity if they have tested positive less than 180 days prior to travel,
snow report
My GP happily did us the letter. I feel very lucky x
snow report
@Dd4, deep joy.
latest report
Just noticed this on the gov.uk site for France (it’s on the french health website also). So a lot clearer and simpler? Fingers crossed the nhs app is all done as promised early feb!

People aged over 12 years and two months need to demonstrate their COVID-19 status through the “pass sanitaire” in order to access services and venues. This includes leisure facilities (bars, restaurants, museums, cinemas), hospitals, retirement homes and modes of transport such as long distance train and bus journeys and planes.

This can be acquired by fulfilling one of the following three criteria:

1) A vaccination certificate, which conforms to the EU Digital Covid Status Certification framework, illustrating that you are fully vaccinated with a vaccine authorised by the European Medical Authority. This means:

7 days after a second dose of Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna
28 days after a single dose of Johnson & Johnson
7 days after a single injection for those able to demonstrate they have already been infected (this only applies to those vaccinated in France)
2) A negative PCR or antigen result from a test taken within the last 24 hours.

3) A document (dated more than 11 days ago and less than six months ago) proving you have recently recovered from COVID.
latest report
Dd4 wrote:
From nhs

In addition, we have continued to develop digital options to facilitate travel for eligible
children, From 3 February. 12 to 15-year-olds will be able to use the NHS App and
vaccinations, and evidence of natural imnunity if they have tested positive less than 180 days prior to travel,

This is glorious news indeed. May I ask where you found it specifically? Can’t find anything online and can hardly dare hope it is true!
snow report
I have now seen the above text in a letter from an MP to a local constituent… fingers crossed they do indeed deliver as promised and good luck for anyone getting their child profile linked to theirs in the NHS app.
ski holidays
We've managed to link our 14 yr old daughter's profile to ours on the app but it doesn't give you QR codes, only a record of the positive pcr test and vaccinations. not the same as the covid pass screens on our profiles. No idea whether that will suffice in France.

Re the MP s note I hope they mean you will be able to access the qr codes even if you've only had one shot and recovered. At the moment they only release a qr code on paper if the child has two shots. Fingers crossed they don't just replicate that in the app.
snow conditions
susieq78 wrote:
Dd4 wrote:
From nhs

This is glorious news indeed. May I ask where you found it specifically? Can’t find anything online and can hardly dare hope it is true!

The full letter has now been posted by someone else on fb ski group. I just grabbed the important text

https://www.facebook.com/groups/116846678352879/permalink/4729947547042746/
snow report
Can anyone copy the text over from FB as one of the few people that don't have an account
snow conditions
Vessigaud wrote:
Can anyone copy the text over from FB as one of the few people that don't have an account

14:324
Done
PO-1384195.pdf
Q
From Maggie Throup MP
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Vaccines and Public Health
20 Virtana Strapt
Department
of Health &
Social Care
Your Ref: RH12337
PO-1384195
Rachel Hopkins MP
By email to: rachel.hopkins.mp@parliament.uk
20 January 2022
Dear Rachel.
Thank you for your correspondence of 12 January on behalf of your constituent, Mrs Zoe
McGonnell, about COVID-19 status certification for children.
I am grateful to you for raising Mrs McGonnell's concerns.
The vaccination records contained within the NHS COVID Pass can be shown as proof of
COVID-19 status when travelling abroad. International standards for travel require a full
course of vaccination for an individual to be recognised as 'fully vaccinated'. However,
children under 18 are exempt from certification in England and at the UK border.
Universal vaccination of 12 to 15-year-olds began on 20 September. Following the
recommendation from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation on 29
November, 12 to 15-year-olds will now be offered a second vaccination, a minimum of 12
weeks after their first.
We are aware that increasing numbers of countries are requiring children to demonstrate
their COVID-19 status. Since 13 December, fully vaccinated 12 to 15-year-olds can access
an NHS COVID Pass letter for international travel, which includes an internationally
recognised 2D barcode.
children. From 3 February, 12 to 15-year-olds will be able to use the NHS App and
vaccinations, and evidence of natural immunity if they have tested positive less than 180
days prior to travel.
Before travelling abroad, individuals should check the entry requirements for their
destination, as requirements for testing and vaccination can vary from country to country,
Further details on entry requirements can be found at www.gov.uk by searching for
"coronavirus travel advice*.
I hope this reply is helpful.
Yours ever.
Mage
MAGGIE THROUP MP
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy